Alex Smith will most likely miss entire 2019 season — Redskins trade?

Patriot Killa

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

Correcting me?  You can't even get your story straight.  First of all, I stated that the Redskins owe Smith 31 Million dollars over  the next two seasons, which is true.  Next, you made the statement that the Jets haven't made the  quarterback position a priority unlike other teams.  I then listed all of the Jets draft picks since the Year 2000 ,invested in the quarterback position.  I illustrated what round they were picked in, almost exclusively the first and second rounds, and informed you that on two occasions they in fact traded up in the first round to get their pick. Hardly not making the quarterback a "priority".  Poor drafting doesn't indicate a lack of commitment, it just illustrates bad choices.  Then you state that Foles "may be" one of the top Free Agents out there.  Way to go out on a limb there.  My single point, as has been throughout this long tedious "discussion" with you has been this.  Based on salary cap restrictions and cost,  Washington  is not a likely destination for Nick Foles. Your next ridiculous point is that "maybe he wants to stay close to home".  Do you know that Nick Foles was raised in Texas where his family still resides, and has ties to Arizona where he went to college.  His wife worked for Nike in Portland, Oregon.  Their daughter is less than four years old.  What makes you think that Philadelphia has any particular attraction that guarantees his wanting to reside there after he plays elsewhere?  Football players move all of the time, and rarely stay in a previous city, unless they've been established there for years and there are family issues involved, as was the case with Farve.  This is probably not the case here.  Then you make another "declaration that Washington is the "best" place in the NFL for a quarterback to play.  Based on what?  Their egocentric unstable Owner?  Their string of Winning seasons and Super Bowl Championships?  Their stability in the front office and coaching ranks?  Their high octane offense?  With the exception of three seasons of Kirk Cousins and 1+ seasons of Mark Brunell and " RG 3",  the Jets have been a better "destination" for a quarterback than the Redskins.  Then you wrap it up with a declaration that you "doubt he wants to go to a sh#t team".  What would you call the Redskins at this point in time? A perennial powerhouse?  An up and coming juggernaut?  You just pull "fun facts" out of the air to represent a contrarian point of view, and then try to lecture as if you have some type of  "superior" take on things.  It is ok to take a contrary view just try to at least keep that view consistent and throw a fact or example out there once in a while.  It makes you seem more lucid, and less foolish.  As for Farve, he was  acquired for a fourth round draft pick that was upgraded to a three based on number of games played, not some "pieces" as you cited. This is just the kind of player that the Redskins should be looking for.  Just another example of your penchant for "throwing it out there" rather than looking it up or knowing what you were talking about.  Thanks for straightening me out.  It was an experience.

The jets priority under two DCHCs baboons have been DEFENSIVE, in case you haven’t Been paying attention. Sure they tried to get lucky with draft picks.. because all the $$ was going to the D. The FA qbs were not coming here because they knew they would be playing with team that had no O weapons, team heavily focused on D. Why farve ran away, nobody else came, cousins..So obvious if qb was more a priority, would have had a solid O foundation already in place before qb stepped in here..

Now I don’t know if you are a giants fan, or just hate the skins. You are now discrediting they are probably best team in nfl looking for a qb? At 7-9 is there a team in qb play with a better record ? Not to mention they played their last 6 games without their starting qb. Your giants will never be good any man, time to give up hope ?

1 minute ago, Jetster said:

He's a human being...not Superman lol. CBs get beat, the 1st thing they have to learn is to put it behind them & move on to the next play. Jet fans hink in terms of Darrell Revis, who probably had the most dominant 2 years for an NFL CB, shutting down #1 WRs like Dez Bryant & Calvin Johnson is their prime playing man. 

CB's here NY Jets football get beat because we have no pass rush. 

8 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

Plus Greedy hates to tackle, and offers little in run support.  Byron Murphy is the better CB prospect.  

Then why do MOST draft prognosticators have Greedy as the #1 CB on their board? Not being facetious, just curious?

15 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Irrational overdrafting gets Tim Tebow into round 1. It doesn't get him into the top 3. 

teams might want to trade up, OK why would they trade up to this pick? be specific. Not hopes and dreams

for example if KK wants Tyler Murray at 1 and trades Rosen for let's say the NYG 6 pick, that's something could affect the top of the draft for sure. Maybe it pushes a Bosa down

it doesn't make Haskins worth top 3. IT's asking for lightning to strike twice. 

Darnold fell into macs lap, leo williams 'the best player in the draft' fell into macs lap.  You never know. 

I'll say one thing if mac is not doing everything in his power to trade down then he is a tool. 

It's going to be a long wait from 3 to the late 60's

2 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Darnold fell into macs lap, leo williams 'the best player in the draft' fell into macs lap.  You never know. 

I'll say one thing if mac is not doing everything in his power to trade down then he is a tool. 

Lets hope he has another horseshoe up his azz & Bosa falls to 3. I forgot what a pass rusher looks like? Bookend him with Trey Flowers in free agency & rotate Foley & Shepard along with Leonard with Gregg Williams lighting a fire under these guys azzes & you've got a damn good Dline with some depth. 

1 minute ago, sec101row23 said:

It’s still early.  He’s good, just not some rare talent.  Murphy and Baker are better all around CBs IMO.  

I don't watch college ball so I can only go by what these guys in the know write. The only time I watched the combine & said, OMG, we need to f*cking draft this guy is when I saw OBJ run the gauntlet & he was like full speed, straight down the line just snagging balls out of the air with those big hands without one drop, and it was so effortless. 

Then the Giants drafted him & I was so pissed thinking back about that useless Miami win that dropped us in the draft. 

15 minutes ago, Jetster said:

He's a human being...not Superman lol. CBs get beat, the 1st thing they have to learn is to put it behind them & move on to the next play. Jet fans think in terms of Darrell Revis, who probably had the most dominant 2 years for an NFL CB, shutting down #1 WRs like Dez Bryant & Calvin Johnson in their prime playing man. 

What the **** does being a human being have to do with it?  The quote was: 

Multiple team sources say they feel that Williams is overrated. Some think he is a nice player who lacks elite speed, and thus is not a high first-round talent. 

We will see after he runs, but you want that at 3?  Then when he gets beat, you can say "He's a human being!  You can't expect him to run with a guy that runs 4.3!"

19 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

3 is the top of the pyramid tho, a chance at a real blue chip player 

it's like exponential these values 

The Jets traded 3 second round picks to get from 6 to 3 last year. 

the Jets trading down to 15 need to get a haul 

Mac can't take anything less than the chart or he will (Rightly) be laughed out of his job 

a future first is usually what it takes to get up to top 3.  They can't ask for discounts, it's an elite pick  

Mac will be praying Bosa falls somehow that would be the most Mac outcome (like Leo's year) 

talk about Drob, he was worth 2 first round picks apparently 

Personally I'll never forget Parcells trading down the Pace year. Quantity doesn't equal quality.

unless someone offers the farm, they have to sit tight, take the good player and hope he dons a gold jacket someday.  

40 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

The jets priority under two DCHCs baboons have been DEFENSIVE, in case you haven’t Been paying attention. Sure they tried to get lucky with draft picks.. because all the $$ was going to the D. The FA qbs were not coming here because they knew they would be playing with team that had no O weapons, team heavily focused on D. Why farve ran away, nobody else came, cousins..So obvious if qb was more a priority, would have had a solid O foundation already in place before qb stepped in here..

Now I don’t know if you are a giants fan, or just hate the skins. You are now discrediting they are probably best team in nfl looking for a qb? At 7-9 is there a team in qb play with a better record ? Not to mention they played their last 6 games without their starting qb. Your giants will never be good any man, time to give up hope ?

Vinnie Testaverde was a free agent quarterback acquisition for the Jets. Ryan Fitzpatrick and Josh McCown too. What are you talking about?  All had some of their best seasons with the Jets.  Brett Farve  didn't "run away".  He did as you said, "wanted to be close to home", and went to Minnesota, which was actually his preferred destination before coming to New York.  Cousins did not want to play in New York, thank G-d.  "Tried to get lucky with draft picks"?  Don't you realize that the draft is the preferred way to acquire a Quarterback?  Youth, development, and the 4 year reduced price advantage of drafting a quarterback are the best reasons.  Your total ignorance about salary cap implications is on display here.  What makes you think I hate the Redskins?  Just because I don't think that they're a good destination or a particularly good organization?  I don't .  So what?  I am a Jet fan.  I love the Jets. Have been one for 52 years.  You won't find me touting the attributes of other teams. I don't give a rat's ass about any other team.  Unlike you, who keeps insisting the Redskins are "the best team in the NFL looking for a Qb".  Wrong again.  The Jaguars are a better team, having gone to the AFC Championship Game in 2017. The Giants, Broncos, Raiders are other possible destinations that are most likely a better fit than "the best team in the NFL for a quarterback".  My Giants?  Hardly.  In fact when YOUR  Redskins played the Giants this year I rooted for the Redskins, as I do every time they play the Giants.  Your total lack of knowledge and inability to make even one valid, cogent point about ANYTHING, leads me to believe that you are not even a football fan.  The only hope I've given up is getting anything through your exceedingly thick skull.  I'm done.  Go troll someone else with your outlandish, preposterous takes on football.

39 minutes ago, bitonti said:

3 is the top of the pyramid tho, a chance at a real blue chip player 

it's like exponential these values 

The Jets traded 3 second round picks to get from 6 to 3 last year. 

the Jets trading down to 15 need to get a haul 

Mac can't take anything less than the chart or he will (Rightly) be laughed out of his job 

a future first is usually what it takes to get up to top 3.  They can't ask for discounts, it's an elite pick  

Mac will be praying Bosa falls somehow that would be the most Mac outcome (like Leo's year) 

talk about Drob, he was worth 2 first round picks apparently 

Personally I'll never forget Parcells trading down the Pace year. Quantity doesn't equal quality.

unless someone offers the farm, they have to sit tight, take the good player and hope he dons a gold jacket someday.  

Bosa and Allen go 1, 2 who do we take?  I am saying I do not see a positive blue chipper after bosa and perhaps allen.  who is the difference maker we are taking at 3?  Ferrel?  The one year DT from Bama who did nothing in the national championship game?

Who cares about getting exact chart value.  If you cannot trade down fine you can;t trade down but this draft to me is shaping up far better for the jets if we get a mid 1st rounder and a few 2nd and 3rd rounders or even picks next year.

We need oline, we need Wrs we need RBs

2 hours ago, Beerfish said:

No i would not trade up for any of them but if you picked 32 people from here and did a poll one person might trade up for a QB and that is all you need.

Never compare sensible fans with dumb teams and gms because there are enough idiotic moves by teams each year.  Also the jets trade up to get the bowling ball with knives, a player you loved and defended for years.

You are right.  The 5'8" "baseball" player is being touted by some as the next best thing since white bread.  Amongst them is one Kliff Kingsbury, the offensive savant who was mourned by many here when the Jets decided not to pursue him.  There is speculation out there that the Cardinals were considering taking him #1 overall, and trading Rosen.  Different strokes for different folks.  Many others swear by Haskins, and still others highly regard Drew Lock.  It will depend on the flavor of the month. "Desperate times call for desperate measures".  It's not about Kool Aid.  It's about reality, and the market.

6 hours ago, bitonti said:

Irrational overdrafting gets Tim Tebow into round 1. It doesn't get him into the top 3. 

teams might want to trade up, OK why would they trade up to this pick? be specific. Not hopes and dreams

for example if KK wants Tyler Murray at 1 and trades Rosen for let's say the NYG 6 pick, that's something could affect the top of the draft for sure. Maybe it pushes a Bosa down

it doesn't make Haskins worth top 3. IT's asking for lightning to strike twice. 

I get it BUT having the Gmen AND the skins needing a QB of the future.  That might be what gets us a nice package and one of them their choice of qbs in this draft.  If there isn't a single QB to be the QB of a franchise in this draft I would be shocked.  Look at QBs in recent drafts and have a redraft.  Someone is going to fall in love with a QB and will want to trade ahead of the Gmen imo.  We should trade down and grab a stud WR and OLinemen(plural).

8 hours ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Lol.. this is just your opinion right? ? id have to look into if any of that 20 mil kicks in early offseason, and how long Foles has to use the opt out

If he's on the roster on the 3rd day of the new league year then the Eagles pay him $20M, Foles can opt out at anytime after that. Chances are the Eagles will cut him prior to Foles needing to opt out.

8 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

0%?  If Foles can make more than $22M for the season, he should opt out.  If his agent finds out he can/will, he opts out.  It's not as crazy as it sounds.  Flacco, Alex Smith, and Jimmy Garoppolo all make $22M or more and Foles would certainly get considerably more in guarantees. 

The Eagles need to decide before the 3rd day of the new league year if they are going to pay him $20M. Foles can opt out at any point after that. My argument is that Foles will not get the opportunity to opt out because the Eagles will not exercise the $20M option.

On January 27, 2019 at 8:25 PM, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

They only have 16 Million in cap space, plus they have to carry Alex Smith's contract on their cap.  They're screwed.

More likely Redskins trade for Aj McCarron ( 5 million ) or similar veteran Qb , than go just the rookie Qb route.   THE redskins coaching staff is under pressure to win now.   ( won't survive another losing season).

9 hours ago, LES said:

No didn’t know that. Thx. But you have to admit, Jax, with Foles, becomes extremely dangerous. No way they go into the season without a vet. There are numerous possibilities, Carr thru trade, Bridgewater, Flacco. Regardless of who they get, watch out!

I actually stand slightly corrected, they lose cap space for 2019 if he is traded but due to a clause in his rookie contract Fournette can be cut without penalty (other than wasting a top 5 pick)

9 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

CB's here NY Jets football get beat because we have no pass rush. 

Which is why drafting a CB at 3, this year, would be asinine.  Even just slightly above average CB's (looking at you Trumaine) can look great when they are playing behind a dominant DL.

Above average to excellent CB's can look pretty damn mediocre when there is no pass rush.

8 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Bosa and Allen go 1, 2 who do we take?  I am saying I do not see a positive blue chipper after bosa and perhaps allen.  who is the difference maker we are taking at 3?  Ferrel?  The one year DT from Bama who did nothing in the national championship game?

Who cares about getting exact chart value.  If you cannot trade down fine you can;t trade down but this draft to me is shaping up far better for the jets if we get a mid 1st rounder and a few 2nd and 3rd rounders or even picks next year.

8 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Word.

And if it's the NYG who come asking about our pick at 3 and Macc turns down a decent NYG offer because 'you know, they're the NYG', he should get a swift kick in the nuts.

19 minutes ago, greenwave81 said:

Which is why drafting a CB at 3, this year, would be asinine.  Even just slightly above average CB's (looking at you Trumaine) can look great when they are playing behind a dominant DL.

Above average to excellent CB's can look pretty damn mediocre when there is no pass rush.

Agree but I think we can also address the pass rush in free agency........Fowler,Ray should be available not saying either are the answer but both would improve the pass rush here. 

12 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Agree but I think we can also address the pass rush in free agency........Fowler,Ray should be available not saying either are the answer but both would improve the pass rush here. 

Honestly we should address it in FA and the draft. I'm all for trading back but I'll take one of Fowler/Ray/Barr/Ansah and then Bosa/Allen/trade down

11 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Yup...they would.  And I hope the NYJ go that route...at least to the extent they're able.

At 3 I'm not taking a DT nor a CB and hoping they'd be the next Aaron Donald or Darelle.  If an edge rusher is there, that's fine by me...but other than that, I'd take the best available OT, OG or WR if I couldn't trade back. 

2 hours ago, bla bla bla said:

If he's on the roster on the 3rd day of the new league year then the Eagles pay him $20M, Foles can opt out at anytime after that. Chances are the Eagles will cut him prior to Foles needing to opt out.

Well thing is, which you probably didn’t consider.. it is so easy to find a backup. Nobody is in a rush to find a number 2/3. Look how long we waited to re-Sign our starter, Fitzpatrick a few yrs ago. Most teams won’t wait around if Foles and eagles play games over 2 freakin mil.. Foles would be the loser.. he won’t risk his choice at multi -yr deal, and starting Job over 2 mil. it is ok kid you didn’t think of this ?‍♂️

1 hour ago, bla bla bla said:

I actually stand slightly corrected, they lose cap space for 2019 if he is traded but due to a clause in his rookie contract Fournette can be cut without penalty (other than wasting a top 5 pick)

Either way he’s done there thx for clarification 

39 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Well thing is, which you probably didn’t consider.. it is so easy to find a backup. Nobody is in a rush to find a number 2/3. Look how long we waited to re-Sign our starter, Fitzpatrick a few yrs ago. Most teams won’t wait around if Foles and eagles play games over 2 freakin mil.. Foles would be the loser.. he won’t risk his choice at multi -yr deal, and starting Job over 2 mil. it is ok kid you didn’t think of this ?‍♂️

Are you under the impression that every QB needy team will have their QB in place by the 3rd day of the league year?

The Eagles will hold on to Foles until the 2nd day of the league year and then release him. There is 0% chance that they keep him at $20M while having Wentz on the roster. Foles will be able to sign anywhere he desires, he won't need to opt out.

31 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

Are you under the impression that every QB needy team will have their QB in place by the 3rd day of the league year?

The Eagles will hold on to Foles until the 2nd day of the league year and then release him. There is 0% chance that they keep him at $20M while having Wentz on the roster. Foles will be able to sign anywhere he desires, he won't need to opt out.

Lol I am well aware eagles won’t be in any rush to find a backup, as I mentioned in previous post :) Foles will 100% not wait for a measly 2 mil, and risk losing his first or 2nd choice.. no way Jose ?‍♂️He will opt out.. 

5 hours ago, greenwave81 said:

But if they trade back and can garner a boatload of picks and Greedy is there, it wouldn’t be a bad idea. Claireburn is often injured and was mediocre last year. We definitely need a young  cb prospect to develop. 

3 hours ago, bla bla bla said:

He was saying goodbye to his teammates when the game was in hand vs. the Rams. He deserves a starting QB multi year deal. 

Archived