Gase’s Offense; Tannehill Held Him Back; NY Jets Film Review

JetNation

22 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

No you didn't, because of you watch tannehill on a weekly basis you'd know he's nowhere near as good as those numbers.

If tannehill was the reason Henry got it going in 2019 how come when he came in during the Denver game Henry struggled? They were only down 13 with a qtr and a half to play, surely the great Ryan tannehill could get Henry going? So why were 3 of his 4 carries (which led to having to pass and abandon run) for negative yards? He had 4 carries for 1 yard but yeah Ryan was why Henry turned his season around?

It's nice to see you have given up on using 1 quarter of stats as a fact to back up an opinion that not 1 single NFL GM or the coaching staff of TN agrees with.  

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Biggs said:

It's nice to see you have given up on using 1 quarter of stats as a fact to back up an opinion that not 1 single NFL GM or the coaching staff of TN agrees with.  

Stats don't matter -- unless he wants to solely use stats as a rationalization right after saying that. How totally unsurprising. 

1. The Pats W/C game Tannehill was pressured on 2/3 of his dropbacks. That, and the success they had running Henry, is the reason for the low pass attempts and yards. That, plus the lack of a need to rack up points fast with Brady's offense only putting up 13 points.
  2. The next playoff game was more of the same, though Tannehill had 3 TDs which would be all he'd want to talk about if it was an actual scrub like Sanchez who threw them. 
  3. Pinning the next playoff game - a loss to KC - on the Titans' QB is a stretch, considering the lengths junk's gone through to absolve the likes of Pennington & Sanchez in Jets' playoff losses (I don't recall hearing things like, "As soon as the effective Greene left the game, Sanchez couldn't carry the offense anymore") nor anything but praise for a playoff win on the backs of ~170 rushing yards and Rivers throwing from his own EZ right to Leonhard as though he was the intended receiver.
  4. Playoff game after that is there any, "The offense got out to a 10 pt lead in the 1st half and the D couldn't hold them," or "if they didn't miss an early 4th Q FG then it's a 1-pt game that could've changed everything" or "on the very next possession Jonnu Smith coughing up a 4th Q on 3rd down pass in Ravens territory"? Hey **** the Titans and **** Tannehill, I'm not absolving the QB here; he QB'd a loss in a winnable game and he wasn't flawless himself. Rather I'm pointing out that excuses are there if one's goal is to look for them (like there'd be excuses to point to for L.Jackson if Tennessee had managed to pull it out). 

Brevity is certainly not my strong suit, but in short: why are you bothering?

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Brevity is certainly not my strong suit, but in short: why are you bothering?

You obviously believe he's a troll.  Why don't you ban him?  

The first person to answer a rhetorical question losses.  

• Haha 1

On 7/6/2021 at 6:24 AM, nyjunc said:

The titans made the divisional round with Henry carrying them with Mariota at QB right before Tannehill got there.  The difference was Mariota did much more to help them win than tannehill did in his 2 playoff wins.  He's surrounded by elite talent, he's in a perfect situation for a QB but if Henry is held in check they have no chance.

I'm not impressed with just good numbers, I'd take a QB with worse numbers who shows up in big games.  Tannehill has proven to be a better fantasy QB than a real one.  

The Titans couldn’t wait to move on from Mariota.  He’s a one read clown.  Henry’s last game with Mariota starting in Denver I think he had 36 combined yards

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/26/2021 at 7:40 AM, Biggs said:

He wouldn't be a big FA if he was let go.  Everyone connected to the NFL knows he's in the absolute perfect situation.  They underage he's holding them back but he has pretty numbers and that impresses some people

On 7/27/2021 at 12:04 AM, Albaniajet said:

The Titans couldn’t wait to move on from Mariota.  He’s a one read clown.  Henry’s last game with Mariota starting in Denver I think he had 36 combined yards

My argument is not in favor of Mariota, is more showing that he did more in his playoff win than Ryan in his 2 playoff wins.  Both were led by Henry bit Mariota did more.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/26/2021 at 1:16 PM, nyjunc said:

No you didn't, because of you watch tannehill on a weekly basis you'd know he's nowhere near as good as those numbers.

If tannehill was the reason Henry got it going in 2019 how come when he came in during the Denver game Henry struggled? They were only down 13 with a qtr and a half to play, surely the great Ryan tannehill could get Henry going? So why were 3 of his 4 carries (which led to having to pass and abandon run) for negative yards? He had 4 carries for 1 yard but yeah Ryan was why Henry turned his season around?

Henry made Tannehill!

But Henry sucked with Mariota behind center.

Yeah, well, words!

Results based analysis is funny to watch in media res.

3 hours ago, jgb said:

Henry made Tannehill!

But Henry sucked with Mariota behind center.

Yeah, well, words!

Results based analysis is funny to watch in media res.

When did Henry suck with Mariota?  He averaged 4.6 YPC his first three seasons with Mariota.  I don't know why he struggled early in 2019 but when tannehill came in for his first extended action Henry still struggled.

Are you saying Henry has been great because of tannehill???

Tannehill is an average QB with the best RB in the game and some of the best offensive talent in the league around him.  Ask him to win a big game without Henry going off and he cannot do it.

3 hours ago, nyjunc said:

When did Henry suck with Mariota?  He averaged 4.6 YPC his first three seasons with Mariota.  I don't know why he struggled early in 2019 but when tannehill came in for his first extended action Henry still struggled.

Are you saying Henry has been great because of tannehill???

Tannehill is an average QB with the best RB in the game and some of the best offensive talent in the league around him.  Ask him to win a big game without Henry going off and he cannot do it.

I look forward to your analysis of why Darnold blows with CMAC in the backfield.

1 hour ago, Bleedin Green said:

Oh man, I really missed a gem here over the past month.  Noodle arm and Butt fumble obsessive super-fan junk rambling on about how all TN success must clearly be completely in spite of Tannehill is simply a brilliant piece of unintentional comedy work.

Half the board would have Tannehill tattoos if he was our QB.

• Upvote 2