Forget about Hunt

harts724

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
51 minutes ago, Apache 51 said:

They pretty much are, but in NJ, nobody cares about Ohio unless you went to Ohio State or are named Boomer.

I don’t know if you’d want to claim that similarity.  I happen to know a lot about that organization, behind the scenes, the culture and the propensity for not caring about the character of the players they draft and sign.

I’m convinced that that franchise wasted and hindered the career of Carson Palmer, all the drama and thuggery wore Carson down...the tragic death of Chris Henry was the final blow.   Sam is like Carson in that both just want to be “one of the guys.”  Surround him with decent guys, football guys that just want to play and win. Jamal Adams is the perfect co-leader with Sam.  

1 hour ago, Jetster said:

But we signed a dude who was cut by Tamps when he was found in his car sitting in his own doo doo. And we didn't cut Donahue for going the wrong way drunk in the Lincoln tunnel? 

If your motto is no redemption allowed then go all the f*cking way with it. Totally hypocritical, both ASJ or Donahue could have KILLED people driving drunk, they just got lucky. 

Ok, I am going to bite, so you think driving drunk and beating a woman are equal?  Both should be treated the same?

3 hours ago, Jetster said:

But we signed a dude who was cut by Tamps when he was found in his car sitting in his own doo doo. And we didn't cut Donahue for going the wrong way drunk in the Lincoln tunnel? 

If your motto is no redemption allowed then go all the f*cking way with it. Totally hypocritical, both ASJ or Donahue could have KILLED people driving drunk, they just got lucky. 

He had a drinking problem, not a it's ok to beat women problem.  Difference to me.  

Donahue never played or stuck after his conviction.  He was cut, whats the point?  

"There are some things that are extremely egregious that I personally have a very hard time with condoning," Maccagnan said in the run-up to the 2017 draft. "And violence in particular — that's a very serious thing to me. That’s something that for me and my wife, we’ve had a personal experience with that. I would say, simply, we don't take it lightly."

A close friend of Mike and Betty Maccagnan was killed in a domestic violence murder-suicide nearly nine years ago. The tragedy prompted them to become voices for the One Love Foundation to raise awareness about the warning signs of domestic violence and relationship abuse.

...I have no problem with him taking this view, but it's kind of weird he gets to pick and choose which things are considered too egregious.  If he loses a friend to a DUI this summer do we cut everyone on the team who has been arrested from drunk driving?

7 hours ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Not surprising. The Johnson's don't seem to be the type of people willing to deal with the media backlash of bringing  a guy with Hunt's history. Hunt is perfect for a team like Packers

The Johnsons don't seem to be the type of people willing to deal with WINNING! Thats the only obvious issue I see. There are a lot of "bad" guys playing in the NFL, give a guy a second chance with a contract that covers your ass. Someone will sign him and I hope its not in our division. I have heard enough of our GM and any issues he has in his life. He is here to help the Jets win, period!!

5 hours ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

It's a league filled with criminals. You can't field a team of saints. The question will always be where is the line that each team won't cross. Hunt is about as bad as it gets so drawing a line with him isn't egregious. I am sure they won't be the only team to want no part of him. Hopefully the team that does get him plays in the NFC. 

Yes you can.  Just like you can field a team of Jags.

3 hours ago, Joe Jets fan said:

Ok, I am going to bite, so you think driving drunk and beating a woman are equal?  Both should be treated the same?

They both are horrific, but actually driving drunk is worse,,,people could be killed, and don't tell me that beating someone can't kill them, in this case it wasn't to that extent.

I think Hunt is an amazing talent and would love if we had a young RB like him that we could have here for years. When I was a young man I did a lot of foolish things, those experiences helped me grow to be the man I am today.  Fortunately I now have became a mentor and try to be there for others. I’m not saying let’s bring Hunt in, although I’d be all for it, but what I’m really trying to say is don’t be so quick to write people off. He’s a young man with lots of money. We all make mistakes 

40 minutes ago, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

I know you are just trying to be funny.  Curtis Martin, John Riggins, Emerson Boozer, Freeman McNeil, LaDaininan Tomlinson.  Absurd.

Martin and McNeil would be the only ones that could give him a run for his money Jet wise but I think Hunt is better then both. Riggins wasn’t great for the Jets (he was used wrong), Boozer isn’t as good and LT and Jones weren’t here long enough and LT was too old. 

Hunt is like LT in his prime. He would of had around 1200 yards rushing and 550 receiving this year and had 1300/450 his rookie year. He is one of the best RB in the NFL. He’s what the Jets and Darnold need. 

EDIT: Before any gets confused I added Jones, I know you didn’t mention him. 

Just now, New York Mick said:

Martin and McNeil would be the only ones that could give him a run for his money Jet wise but I think Hunt is better then both. Riggins wasn’t great for the Jets (he was used wrong), Boozer isn’t as good and LT and Jones weren’t here long enough and LT was too old. 

Hunt is like LT in his prime. He would of had around 1500 yards rushing and 550 receiving this year and had 1300/450 his rookie year. He is one of the best RB in the NFL. He’s what the Jets and Darnold need. 

Curtis Martin is an NFL all time great.  LaDainian Tomlinson too.  They both rushed for over 13,000 Yards.  John Riggins is a Hall of Famer with over 11,000 Yards.  I fondly remember him carrying four tacklers downfield for 10 yards or more.  He was special. A Super Bowl MVP. 38 rushes for 166 yards. The dominant rusher in the whole of the NFL several times.  Freeman McNeil rushed for over 8,000 yards. Boozer played in a different era so it's hard to compare.  Kareem Hunt is 23 years old and already in trouble.  He is suspended.  Strike one.  He has 2,000 yards in two seasons.  This coming year he can be expected to be suspended for at least six games so 1,000 yards for this year seems to be out of the question.  He is very talented.  There's no denying that.  He is a neophyte.  Let's see how he progresses in the years to come before you compare him to three Hall of Fame Legends.  You know what they say about woulda, shoulda, coulda.

6 minutes ago, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

Curtis Martin is an NFL all time great.  LaDainian Tomlinson too.  They both rushed for over 13,000 Yards.  John Riggins is a Hall of Famer with over 11,000 Yards.  I fondly remember him carrying four tacklers downfield for 10 yards or more.  He was special. A Super Bowl MVP. 38 rushes for 166 yards. The dominant rusher in the whole of the NFL several times.  Freeman McNeil rushed for over 8,000 yards. Boozer played in a different era so it's hard to compare.  Kareem Hunt is 23 years old and already in trouble.  He is suspended.  Strike one.  He has 2,000 yards in two seasons.  This coming year he can be expected to be suspended for at least six games so 1,000 yards for this year seems to be out of the question.  He is very talented.  There's no denying that.  He is a neophyte.  Let's see how he progresses in the years to come before you compare him to three Hall of Fame Legends.  You know what they say about woulda, shoulda, coulda.

I’m starting to think I speak a different language. 

FOR THE JETS. 

LT didn’t do crap on the Jets he was too old and wasn’t here long enough  Do you think Jason Taylor was the Jets top passrusher?

Riggins wasn’t used right by the Jets so he didn’t do a lot. 

I said Martin is good but I think Hunt can be better. 

2 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

I’m starting to think I speak a different language. 

FOR THE JETS. 

LT didn’t do crap on the Jets he was too old and wasn’t here long enough  Do you think Jason Taylor was the Jets top passrusher?

Riggins wasn’t used right by the Jets so he didn’t do a lot. 

I said Martin is good but I think Hunt can be better. 

In your post you said "the best Jet running back ever"  You did not specify a time of service, or how they were used by the team.  When saying best it is generally judged as an overall achievement.  Given a one year stint wouldn't qualify,  but when the Mets say Mike Piazza was their best catcher do they qualify it by citing his years of service with the team?  Of course not.  Curtis Martin is the fifth leading rusher in NFL history.  That is not good.  That is GREAT.  I am not belittling you.  I just think you have jumped the gun on Kareem Hunt's accomplishments to date.  Saying that he is better than three HOF backs at this stage in his career,  I would call premature.  Wouldn't you?

Archived