Jump to content

Forget about Hunt


harts724
 Share

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

In your post you said "the best Jet running back ever"  You did not specify a time of service, or how they were used by the team.  When saying best it is generally judged as an overall achievement.  Given a one year stint wouldn't qualify,  but when the Mets say Mike Piazza was their best catcher do they qualify it by citing his years of service with the team?  Of course not.  Curtis Martin is the fifth leading rusher in NFL history.  That is not good.  That is GREAT.  I am not belittling you.  I just think you have jumped the gun on Kareem Hunt's accomplishments to date.  Saying that he is better than three HOF backs at this stage in his career,  I would call premature.  Wouldn't you?

Yes I said best Jets RB not NFL RB. 

No I don’t think it’s jumping the gun. If signed by the Jets if he keeps on pace he’d be the best RB in Jets history. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

Yes I said best Jets RB not NFL RB. 

No I don’t think it’s jumping the gun. If signed by the Jets if he keeps on pace he’d be the best RB in Jets history. 

It's apples and oranges. The yards he gained were for the Chiefs. One and a half seasons is not a sufficient sample to consider it a "pace". Is he a product of the system, or a Hall of Fame Talent?  If he were a Hall of Fame Talent I think the Chiefs would not have parted ways with him so easily.  When Ray Lewis got arrested for Murder, the Ravens didn't cut him.  Why?  He lied to them, just as Hunt did  to the Chiefs.  It was probably because they were dealing with a future Hall of Famer.  Don't think the Chiefs felt that way about Hunt.  Apparently you do.  Anyway the issue is moot because Kareem Hunt will, in all probability never be a Jet.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

It's apples and oranges. The yards he gained were for the Chiefs. One and a half seasons is not a sufficient sample to consider it a "pace". Is he a product of the system, or a Hall of Fame Talent?  If he were a Hall of Fame Talent I think the Chiefs would not have parted ways with him so easily.  When Ray Lewis got arrested for Murder, the Ravens didn't cut him.  Why?  He lied to them, just as Hunt did  to the Chiefs.  It was probably because they were dealing with a future Hall of Famer.  Don't think the Chiefs felt that way about Hunt.  Apparently you do.  Anyway the issue is moot because Kareem Hunt will, in all probability never be a Jet.

There’s a 1 and 32 chance he’ll be a Jet and I’m hoping they’re smart enough to sign him. 

Everyone including the Chiefs know he’s a top 3 RB but they had to do something because of the way things are now. He’ll be back in the NFL next year.

There wasn’t a video of Lewis obviously. 

  • Thumb Down 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

There’s a 1 and 32 chance he’ll be a Jet and I’m hoping they’re smart enough to sign him. 

Everyone including the Chiefs know he’s a top 3 RB but they had to do something because of the way things are now. He’ll be back in the NFL next year.

There wasn’t a video of Lewis obviously. 

That's unfortunate.  Two men died, and ultimately no one paid the price.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, prime21 said:

Most  deserve a second chance but besides that horrific video, there are two other incidents under investigation as well.  Dude is bad news.

Well said. I shoved my father once when I was a stupid teenager. I still regret it to this day. Still ashamed going on 30 years later.

You have to know and accept you were in the wrong before you deserve a second chance. Keep repeating the same "mistake" until a video goes public and you lose your job is not accepting responsibility. He now has to prove it the old fashion way and that's gonna take time.

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, flgreen said:

Excellent point.  What was he [Brandon Marshall] arrested about 13 different times for incidents with two different women?  

Gotta start drawing the line sometime.  The NFL used to not pay attention to domestic violence situations at all until Pacman Jones dragged a woman across the stage at a strip club.  The league used to teach players to tackle with their helmets until the news about CTE got publicized.    Sometimes you just have to progress, and no longer allow things that you once did.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Maybe because he's trash?

How many talented RB’s have succumbed due to their lack of character. Let me count the ways. We can not afford to have this POS around Sam who is like the Peter Pan of QB’s. 

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

That's unfortunate.  Two men died, and ultimately no one paid the price.

Columbo once said, ‘there is no perfect murder because the murderer knows he did it and will always live with it’. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Don’t mind not signing Hunt,...

But do mind not doing the due diligence.

Bring him in, talk to him, investigate, offer to help/rehabilitate, assign him a sponsor/babysitter at his cost.

Perhaps turning around an offender can help eliminate a future victim.

Macc is willing to take a personal stance, in regards to doing business. BUSINESS HAS BEEN S#!T. Made up your mind, ok fine, then keep it to yourself, Dummy! 

People do make comebacks...which may be exactly what Macc might be doing after some of the really questionable choices he’s made here. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, kelticwizard said:

Gotta start drawing the line sometime.  The NFL used to not pay attention to domestic violence situations at all until Pacman Jones dragged a woman across the stage at a strip club.  The league used to teach players to tackle with their helmets until the news about CTE got publicized.    Sometimes you just have to progress, and no longer allow things that you once did.

Two people were shot at the behest of that animal,a bouncer was wounded and the club manager was permanently paralyzed  in that  incident.  Meanwhile, that piece of crap was allowed to "ply his trade" in this joke of a league for two more teams.  .The leagues reactionary response to any issue is based  solely on saving face for "the product" and the entity is far more important  than any player, moral, or societal requirement.  This has festered under Goodell's leadership.  Never have I felt the disdain for the "league" that I feel now under the "stewardship" of this vapid tinman.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

 It was 50-50 but there’s people on this board that actually think canon is good 

My test: if the same player was on the Dolphins would we fear him? In Cannon’s case it’s just Jets fans rooting up Jets JAGs. And nobody loves their JAGs more than Jets fans (probably because that all we usually have).

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, jgb said:

Well said. I shoved my father once when I was a stupid teenager. I still regret it to this day. Still ashamed going on 30 years later.

You have to know and accept you were in the wrong before you deserve a second chance. Keep repeating the same "mistake" until a video goes public and you lose your job is not accepting responsibility. He now has to prove it the old fashion way and that's gonna take time.

Hmmm? My Dad has always been about 40% of my size, my moms come from some big people. Dad is 78 and still scares the living hell out of me. I did yell “ no “ at my mom once, after the concussion my Dad gave me I felt bad too. Mostly for not ducking quick enough. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Hmmm? My Dad has always been about 40% of my size, my moms come from some big people. Dad is 78 and still scares the living hell out of me. I did yell “ no “ at my mom once, after the concussion my Dad gave me I felt bad too. Mostly for not ducking quick enough. 

Oh I didn't win.... 😮 Still felt bad for trying!

  • Post of the Week 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, GaryM said:

The Johnsons don't seem to be the type of people willing to deal with WINNING! Thats the only obvious issue I see. There are a lot of "bad" guys playing in the NFL, give a guy a second chance with a contract that covers your ass. Someone will sign him and I hope its not in our division. I have heard enough of our GM and any issues he has in his life. He is here to help the Jets win, period!!

And a third chance....and a 4th chance.

Hes well past his second chance.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, More Cowbell said:

Sorry, I must have missed Hunts knock out punch to the head and him dragging the girl across the floor while asking for help. 

And kicking a girl while shes on the ground, while your posse is there to keep her away cant stop you?   Thats your definition of a G rated movie? 

OK, if only Ray Rice was younger and available

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

And kicking a girl while shes on the ground, while your posse is there to keep her away cant stop you?   Thats your definition of a G rated movie? 

OK, if only Ray Rice was younger and available

That kick was like a love tap. That said he is not going to be a Jet but saying that what happened is horrific  is over the top. Nobody said what he did wasn't  unacceptable.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

That kick was like a love tap. That said he is not going to be a Jet but saying that what happened is horrific  is over the top. Nobody said what he did wasn't  unacceptable.  

Love taps, G Rated movie and you want him signed.

Got it.

But sorry, hitting a woman, kicking her when shes down on the ground is horrific.  Bet it would be worse it the woman was your mom, sister or wife

  • Post of the Week 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Dude, what is wrong with you? I said compared to what Rice did it was G rated and you make it sound like he kicked her they way Myers does trying to hit a 50 yard FG

 Yes he kicked her but he could have kicked her much harder. That was the point. Is it OK that he did this? No? Am I ok with management  not wanting to consider him? in a way no but I am ok with it. I don't  think people should be held to a one strike and your.career is over. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

In defense of cowbell, I saw the video preparing to be shocked and I wasn't.  If they tell you there is a video of him kicking a woman, and there is.  When you see the Rice or Mixon film you say "whoa!" that is worse than I imagined.  As cowbell admits, it is still unacceptable and still a valid reason to avoid the guy.  I don't think this tape is something that apology and contrition can't overcome in the court of public opinion.

  • Post of the Week 1
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, More Cowbell said:

Dude, what is wrong with you? I said compared to what Rice did it was G rated and you make it sound like he kicked her they way Myers does trying to hit a 50 yard FG

 Yes he kicked her but he could have kicked her much harder. That was the point. Is it OK that he did this? No? Am I ok with management  not wanting to consider him? in a way no but I am ok with it. I don't  think people should be held to a one strike and your.career is over. 

I am positive that some team will take a flyer on him and give him a 2nd chance. I would imagine that he'd be on a short leash.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

Dude, what is wrong with you? I said compared to what Rice did it was G rated and you make it sound like he kicked her they way Myers does trying to hit a 50 yard FG

 Yes he kicked her but he could have kicked her much harder. That was the point. Is it OK that he did this? No? Am I ok with management  not wanting to consider him? in a way no but I am ok with it. I don't  think people should be held to a one strike and your.career is over. 

I'm with you. I would have liked to at least know my GM would explore the possibility. Our Jets are sorely in need of offensive weapons, yet Mike Maccagnan has already have crossed Hunt off the list of possibilities this off-season. There is definitely something wrong with that, especially when one considers the players Mac has brought on the Jets with various off the field controversies:

Brandon Marshall - History of domestic violence and trouble with law enforcement. Look at his list of legal troubles on Wikipedia.

Austin Seferian-Jenkins - Two time DUI offender.

Robby Anderson - arrested twice during 8 month period. Avoided felony charges, but let's be real, he's got red flags.

Dylan Donahue - Two time DUI offender: First occurred 9 days after being drafted, then 2nd a month after rookie season.

Lorenzo Mauldin - charged with assault a man who spilled champagne on him. Victim was left with black eye and hospitalized. Charges later dropped.

Rashard Robinson - suspended at LSU for failed drug test and substandard academics, then not allowed to return after breaking into a teammates apartment. Mac trades a 5th round pick for him on Halloween 2017, then Robinson is arrested a little over two months later for possession of marijuana-laced candy. Robison was arrested and charged with drug possession and carelessly driving in a car that reeked of marijuana.

Chris Herndon - drafted by the Jets in the 4th round of the 2018 NFL draft on April 28, 2018. Charged with a DWI on June 2nd, 2018. 

 

1753330446_NFLArrestrecords.thumb.jpg.72545749e08e2718feba8e889c5a0671.jpg

 

Since Mac has been here the Jets have  been much worse than the Cincinnati Bengals who have taken a chance on Joe Mixon. Take a look at the chart above, and the Jets are tied for 2nd in arrest, only trailing the Packers. 

Mac clearly gives chances to players who have driven vehicles under the influence. If he didn't anyone who ever got two DUI's would never have been a Jet. The part that makes Mac look like a hypocrite, is he traded for Brandon Marshall. Bottom line Mac never should have traded for Brandon Marshall if he's so staunchly against those who commit domestic violence. You cannot have that position and trade for a player like Brandon Marshall. The bottom line is Mike Maccagnan is a hypocrite. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

Dude, what is wrong with you? I said compared to what Rice did it was G rated and you make it sound like he kicked her they way Myers does trying to hit a 50 yard FG

 Yes he kicked her but he could have kicked her much harder. That was the point. Is it OK that he did this? No? Am I ok with management  not wanting to consider him? in a way no but I am ok with it. I don't  think people should be held to a one strike and your.career is over. 

No offense, your point is pure nonsense.  You're trying to compare two horrific acts and tell me one is not a big deal and should be overlooked because the other is that much worse to you.  Whatever works for you.  I don't agree.  He could have kicked her harder does mean it's ok to kick a woman while she's on the ground. Not how I said raised.  And one more time, it's not one time incident.  But hey he can run the ball, sell out for a rb makes sense.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

No offense, your point is pure nonsense.  You're trying to compare two horrific acts and tell me one is not a big deal and should be overlooked because the other is that much worse to you.  Whatever works for you.  I don't agree.  He could have kicked her harder does mean it's ok to kick a woman while she's on the ground. Not how I said raised.  And one more time, it's not one time incident.  But hey he can run the ball, sell out for a rb makes sense.

Honestly, I'm really tired of explaining  my position to you. Whatever floats your boat man. I don't  know how many times I have to say what he did was wrong  until you get it

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, More Cowbell said:

Honestly, I'm really tired of explaining  my position to you. Whatever floats your boat man. I don't  know how many times I have to say what he did was wrong  until you get it

How about this.  I think beating women makes you a POS.  You'll look the other way because you don't care.  I get that.  I'm not trying to convince you.  I've explained my morals pretty clearly.  I done want or need you to explain shlt to me. You keep coming back with he's not as bad as so and so, wasn't a hard hit, hardly a kick.  Now want me to stop?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hunt will be signed again by someone because he is very talented, young and can become the best rb on most teams.   If he were older or if he was a career back up, the owners would turn their back on him and say they don't condone what he did and he has no place on their team.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, playtowinthegame said:

I would have liked to at least know my GM would explore the possibility. Our Jets are sorely in need of offensive weapons, yet Mike Maccagnan has already have crossed Hunt off the list of possibilities this off-season. There is definitely something wrong with that

 

Agreed 100%!  We should be football first.
Let's face facts: we are a crap NFL franchise and that reality overshadows any attempts at virtue signaling from our GM.      

If Macc feels that strongly about a player's shortcomings (and he's the GM, it's his prerogative) he shouldn't have aired out why. Not directly commenting would have sufficed.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...