New York Jets' Jamal Adams is the perfect new face of Big Apple football

Gas2No99

Obviously you didn’t experience 68 Jets or 69 Mets or you wouldn’t be making these butthole comments.  It was legendary, mystical, extraordinary. 

It was ALL OF THE ABOVE!!!!!

10 boring championships over 2 legendary, mystical, extraordinary championships EVERY-TIME!

Can’t speak for Tom Seaver but I would bet he would take 10 over that 1 in 69.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Why is Gronk a douche?  Wish we had that douche on the NY Jets. 

Well let's see, "the Gronk franchise",  he's a prima donna, his arrogance,  his general demeanor, he's a Patriocheat. Look at Tony Gonzales, then look at "Gronk", that should clarify it for you.  Class vs. Crass. I don't deny his talent.  That doesn't mean I have to like him.  Sorta like a Jaguar.  Looks good, rides nice, in the shop a lot.  Tony Gonzales missed two games in sixteen seasons, there is not comparison.  It's not even close.

If for you, "At the beginning and at the end of the day, it is all about winning championships", that shows that you know very little about what the essence of being a real fan truly is.  Being a fan is a lifelong devotion to a particular team, anchored in childhood memories, and nurtured with experiences both, good and bad formed over a lifetime.  It is not cavalier choice based on the "flavor of the month" or an allegiance based on "what is cool at the moment".  Losing is not fun, but it steels the determination of the true fan to hang in there until fortunes change.  And they do.  The adversity makes the "nectar of winning" taste that much sweeter.  Perhaps this misconception you have about "being" a fan is what led you to the Yankees.  I don't know.  If it is, it explains a lot.  If that's the case, there's probably a seat left on the Patriocheats bandwagon,  By the way I didn't want to go there with you, but you won't stop. I like most of what you have to say, but this can't be allowed to stand without a response.  True fans, can't let that kind of thing go. Who's being disrespectful now?

Again do you hear yourself?

“Being a fan is a lifelong devotion to a particular team, anchored in childhood memories, and nurtured with experiences both, good and bad formed over a lifetime”

And during ALL OF THAT time, good and bad, through thick and thin and memories...what is it that your wish for each year??? TO WIN A CHAMPIONSHIP!

I get it. I probably shouldn’t have engaged into a debate about 10 is greater than 2 with someone who probably goes by the grade school mantra of “win or lose you are all winners”.

As you you say I don’t understand how valuable “two” is just as you have no idea what having more is like. This is what separates winners and non winners. Winning franchises are never satisfied.

7 minutes ago, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

Well let's see, "the Gronk franchise",  he's a prima donna, his arrogance,  his general demeanor, he's a Patriocheat. Look at Tony Gonzales, then look at "Gronk", that should clarify it for you.  Class vs. Crass. I don't deny his talent.  That doesn't mean I have to like him.  Sorta like a Jaguar.  Looks good, rides nice, in the shop a lot.  Tony Gonzales missed two games in sixteen seasons, there is not comparison.  It's not even close.

He's an NFL player who is having a good time on and off the field. The kid has done nothing wrong on or off the field to hate him. He's on the Patriots who just so happen to be a good NFL team cant hate Gronk the person for that. COME ON MAN 

46 minutes ago, prime21 said:

Do you hear yourself?

The Mets are not considered a winning or successful franchise by any means. Yes they were one of the fastest to win it, very impressive, but they are far from being even a relevant franchise other than the fact they play in NY.

The Jets Super Bowl win did change the face of football. Greatest win of our franchise! It will always be remembered but we are also are not a winning or successful franchise and play 2nd fiddle to to the Giants.

But take away your hate for the Pats and love for your team. At the beginning and the end of the day it is all about winning championships.

So your done with sports? You have your two BIG wins and should be content until your end of days.

I’ll take 10 Championships over 2 big championships every time. If you don’t then you are the same as the Wilpon’s and the Johnson’s

Mets have won 2 WS. And the 2nd was just as dramatic if not more than the first. What team was down to their last strike and pulled out the win and went on to be WS Champs. You can’t make that stuff up. That’s worth 20 Chamionships right there. Ask any Red Sox fan if they’d trade 10 WS Championships for coming back down 0-3 to beat the Skanks for the AL pennant and then win it all. Hell F’N NO. 

7 minutes ago, prime21 said:

Again do you hear yourself?

“Being a fan is a lifelong devotion to a particular team, anchored in childhood memories, and nurtured with experiences both, good and bad formed over a lifetime”

And during ALL OF THAT time, good and bad, through thick and thin and memories...what is it that your wish for each year??? TO WIN A CHAMPIONSHIP!

I get it. I probably shouldn’t have engaged into a debate about 10 is greater than 2 with someone who probably goes by the grade school mantra of “win or lose you are all winners”.

As you you say I don’t understand how valuable “two” is just as you have no idea what having more is like. This is what separates winners and non winners. Winning franchises are never satisfied.

Yeah, and spoiled brats are pretty easy to identify.  Living vicariously through your sports team with a smug arrogance doesn't make you a "Winner".   It makes you a martyr and a skeptic who finds it impossible to tolerate or accept the views of others.  Too bad.

Mets have won 2 WS. And the 2nd was just as dramatic if not more than the first. What team was down to their last strike and pulled out the win and went on to be WS Champs. You can’t make that stuff up. That’s worth 20 Chamionships right there. Ask any Red Sox fan if they’d trade 10 WS Championships for coming back down 0-3 to beat the Skanks for the AL pennant and then win it all. Hell F’N NO. 

I just called my Boston friend from BOSTON and he said “I’d like to say hell no but I would rather have 10 championships. What idiot take a playoff win over 10 championships?”

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

So a Met fan at the end of the day thinks win 1 ring is worth 20 championships. Now that explains EVERYTHING! Done!

6 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

He's an NFL player who is having a good time on and off the field. The kid has done nothing wrong on or off the field to hate him. He's on the Patriots who just so happen to be a good NFL team cant hate Gronk the person for that. COME ON MAN 

Didn't say I hate him.  Just don't have to like him though.  It still is a choice isn't it?

Yeah, and spoiled brats are pretty easy to identify.  Living vicariously through your sports team with a smug arrogance doesn't make you a "Winner".   It makes you a martyr and a skeptic who finds it impossible to tolerate or accept the views of others.  Too bad.

You sound so lonely. Go back and read where I talk and brag about the Yankees. I have been debating the nonsense of 2 great championships over 10 championships. I guess losing gets frustrating. I can relate. I’m a Jets and Knicks fan but I’m not blind to reality.

2 minutes ago, prime21 said:

I just called my Boston friend from BOSTON and he said “I’d like to say hell no but I would rather have 10 championships. What idiot take a playoff win over 10 championships?”

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

So a Met fan at the end of the day thinks win 1 ring is worth 20 championships. Now that explains EVERYTHING! Done!

Looks like it may be time to change your diapers.  I'm done. So your "Boston friend" is  "from Boston" , that's impressive.

13 minutes ago, prime21 said:

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Tell him to call Steven King 

14 minutes ago, prime21 said:

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

You have a friend in Boston? Long distance relationships are doomed to fail you know. 

You have a friend in Boston? Long distance relationships are doomed to fail you know. 

Oh you thought it about that like George thought of Jerk store and had to come back with it.

Are they? I wouldn’t know. I have many long distance Friendships and they have been working out for a very long time.

18 minutes ago, prime21 said:

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Only an imbecile would downplay the most improbable comeback in baseball history against their demonic rivals. Never done before in baseball. Wonder why? 

The Red Sox earned the distinction of the only team in baseball history to come back from 0–3 when they rallied to win the 2004 ALCSBoston knocked its rival New York Yankees out of the playoffs and went on to win its fifth World Series

I just called Steven King. He told me he’s coming to visit you in your dreams. 

1 minute ago, LES said:

Only an imbecile would downplay the most improbable comeback in baseball history against their demonic rivals. Never done before in baseball. Wonder why? 

The Red Sox earned the distinction of the only team in baseball history to come back from 0–3 when they rallied to win the 2004 ALCSBoston knocked its rival New York Yankees out of the playoffs and went on to win its fifth World Series

I just called Steven King. He told me he’s coming to visit you in your dreams. 

Name calling,,,be careful, these mods have quick fingers.

Again I'm missing what you are writing.  Someone downplayed that moment?  That was, if not the biggest comeback in sports history.  Debatable with Cleveland and GS but I would still favor the sox come back.    No Boston fan would say otherwise and many few other baseball fans would too.  

Winning the American league Championship in the greatest comeback in Sports History

or

Winning 10 World Series Championships.

!0 World Series Championships wins it every time.

13 minutes ago, prime21 said:

Oh you thought it about that like George thought of Jerk store and had to come back with it.

Are they? I wouldn’t know. I have many long distance Friendships and they have been working out for a very long time.

I got you some friends.  There’s still hope for you

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Just now, LES said:

I got you some friends.  There’s still hope for you

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I don't get it?  I'm supposed to be lonely?   I'm more of a Godfellas guy.  Kick the losers when they are down and end their misery .

8 minutes ago, prime21 said:

Name calling,,,be careful, these mods have quick fingers.

I wasn’t referring to you. Your imbecilic cardboard friend isn’t on this board but then again birds of a feather flock together.

Archived