John Elway's QB crush could shake up NFL draft

joewilly12

4 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

This is a simple nostradumbass prediction IMO, Denver sends pick No. 10, a later round pick, and Case Kenum (spelling) for pick No. 6.

So SWAP 1st rounders dropping 7 spots, gain ONLY a 2nd rounder (#41?), and get a back-up QB who's GUARANTEED $19M in 2019?

um..........NO!

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Gas2No99 said:

So SWAP 1st rounders dropping 7 spots, gain ONLY a 2nd rounder (#41?), and get a back-up QB who's GUARANTEED $19M in 2019?

um..........NO!

Who has pick #6?  The GIANTS!  It’s 4 spots!  The Broncos will not, and can not get to 3.

7 minutes ago, greenwave81 said:

Then why didn't he pick Josh Allen last year when he had the opportunity?  He's a better prospect than Lock.

The Broncos signed Case Keenum before the draft.  He had played for Vance Joseph and Gary Kubiak previously so there was a familiarity factor there.  The Broncos were not in a rebuild mode at the time, and Joseph was certainly in a win now mode, borne out by his firing at the end of the season.  Keenum had a successful season the year before in Minnesota, and Elway himself was quoted that he felt the team was "Not too far away".  

4 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

Who has pick #6?  The GIANTS!  It’s 4 spots!  The Broncos will not, and can not get to 3.

My bad. lol.

Now, FWIW: 

You CAN NOT BLAME ME for automatically ASSuMIng and associating the NY Jets both on AND off the field when I come across the term "Pick #6:"

ON the field - ANOTHER INT by a Jets QB returned for a TD

OFF the field - our draft position in 3 out of the last 4 drafts.

:lol:

16 hours ago, TeddEY said:

@bitonti

This is why a team may come up to 3.  Is Lock, on his own, worth the 3rd pick?  Perhaps not.

Do the Broncos want to sit behind the Raiders, Bucs, Giants, and Jags in hope of the guy they want (even if this is a smokescreen), falling?

Meanwhile, if the draft falls this way: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001014266/article/lance-zierlein-2019-nfl-mock-draft-10-kyler-murray-to-raiders

You flip with the Raiders, who give you a 2 to prevent you from trading with the Giants, Bucs, Jags, and Broncos, and then you take Bosa at 4.  Or, if the Raiders take Bosa, even better, then you trade with Denver and pick up a 2 and next years 1 - take the BAP offensive player.

This is a great scenario. While I would prefer to get a first for next year in addition to the 2nd this year and picking OL in the first, getting a 2nd AND getting a player like Bosa (from what everyone is saying about him)  would be too hard to pass up I would think. If Macc pulled off flip flopping picks  with the Raiders, recouping the 2nd and coming away with Bosa, I would think most people would be very happy with that deal. 

It brings back memories of the Marvin Jones/Garrison Hearst/Johnny Jonson trade. 

2 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

This is a great scenario. While I would prefer to get a first for next year in addition to the 2nd this year and picking OL in the first, getting a 2nd AND getting a player like Bosa (from what everyone is saying about him)  would be too hard to pass up I would think. If Macc pulled off flip flopping picks  with the Raiders, recouping the 2nd and coming away with Bosa, I would think most people would be very happy with that deal. 

It brings back memories of the Marvin Jones/Garrison Hearst/Johnny Jonson trade. 

I think we're sitting pretty.  If San Fran and the Cards stand pat, we could make a killing.  F'in Giants, really screwed us by blowing that game.  Maybe we get to return the favor.  Boy Garrison Hearst was a great player.  Sure could use one of him right about  now.

14 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

If we could trade back to 10, we could get the best reciever on the board at 10, stud oline rnd 2.  A rb and another reciever in rnd 3.

And then have 2 firsts next year.

It would be a home run and set us up nicely to overtake the pats by 2020 or 2021.

No leveon bell or brown in FA will be the key.  Be patient and build through the draft.

I agree with the draft picks, but we still have the cap space.  

Draft like that and sign Bell and Brown, keep long and winters this year, and this team goes to the playoffs in 2019.  Long and winters roll off next year for more cap space.  

14 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

If we could trade back to 10, we could get the best reciever on the board at 10, stud oline rnd 2.  A rb and another reciever in rnd 3.

And then have 2 firsts next year.

It would be a home run and set us up nicely to overtake the pats by 2020 or 2021.

No leveon bell or brown in FA will be the key.  Be patient and build through the draft.

This! 100%  

Archived