Any chance Jets can add all 3 of these offensive lineman?

Rhg1084

Trent Brown, Matt Paradis, Jonah Williams

Can the Jets go all in on repairing their offensive line this offseason and land all 3 of these guys? Hopefully 2 out of the 3 at least? If I was the Jets GM I’d heavily invest in offensive line and try to land as many big men up front as possible.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Rhg1084 said:

Can the Jets go all in on repairing their offensive line this offseason and land all 3 of these guys? Hopefully 2 out of the 3 at least? If I was the Jets GM I’d heavily invest in offensive line and try to land as many big men up front as possible.

Yes finally with a Offensive HC, gase will push mac for Jets to  take the OLine very seriously, for first time in 10 years

3 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Are they all UFA? Would be huge if we could pull this off. 

Sign all OL, RB, and role players and go defense in draft.

Brown and Paradis are UFA. Jonah Williams is the top prospect coming out of Alabama. Getting all 3 would definitely use up a lot of our resources as Brown and Paradis would require big contracts. And Williams would have to be selected with our first rd pick. However you can then use Williams at RT, Brown at LT in this situation and Paradis is the anchor at C.

5 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

I knew from the second that D’Brick regressed and retired that we didn’t know how good we had it, I knew this would be a long ass process with the OL.

Same here we didn't realize how good that OL really was. Weren't they called the Road graters?  I remember a poster with that on it. 

Just now, FidelioJet said:

The Jets do seem committed to building around Darnold.  It seems pretty clear that's the plan.

Question is how much do they value OL over WR/RB?

We know Mac doesn't seem to value OL all that much.  Let's see if that changes.

Why would you say that?

round 2 - 2017 passed on Polic and Elfin when we desperately needed a C for yet another safety (Maye) lol. 

I’m assuming in this scenario, that you’re putting Jonah at RT, with Brown as the LT.

In which case, I don’t think we need to take Williams for RT. Shell has been plenty good and his injury should not prohibit him from being part of our OTA’s and camp.

If we sign Brown and Paradis, I would be fine taking EDGE at 3, or trading down and taking EDGE, WR, or CB in the first.

Hypothetically, if the Jets signed 2 top FA Olineman, I find it hard to see them also using their first round pick on Jonah (ESPECIALLY @ 3). It seems like too many resources this this management to put on the line. I wouldn't be against this, provided they trade back for Jonah. I just dont see this team doing it. 

Mac has already hinted on a radio interview that he knows there is a mandate for a pass rush this season, the way there was for a QB last season. I think in his mind he has to come out of this offseason with a top FA Edge or 1st round pick. I think this is what stops him from putting THAT many resources into the Oline. 

18 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

To be fair, Elfin has been trash for the Vikings. The proper pick in the 2nd round was Ju-Ju Smith-Schuster.

Fair enuf. But Polic has been very good. Ju ju is ridiculous. I’ll take it. 

20 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Tre Smith(Tennessee) and Andrew Thomas(Georiga) are both guys to like next year. Maybe even Trey Adams from Washington.

But would you wait on these guys over Jonah Williams? Of course he can play RT as well. I’m all in on getting some young elite OL prospects in here over the next 2 years. 

1 minute ago, New York Mick said:

Aren’t they both both OG? 

Thomas is a Tackle. He was really impressive as a true freshman playing RT and held it down at LT after Wynn was drafted by the Patriots. People are already saying that Thomas is better, bigger and even more athletic. 

Smith started his true freshman year as a RG then later made the switch to LT. He’s played LT ever since. He’s definitely got the size to stay at LT as well.

5 minutes ago, LES said:

But would you wait on these guys over Jonah Williams? Of course he can play RT as well. I’m all in on getting some young elite OL prospects in here over the next 2 years. 

Andrew Thomas is the only one I would wait for. Idk what Jonah will play on the pro level but I think he can play LT tbh. That’s just me though.

7 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Andrew Thomas is the only one I would wait for. Idk what Jonah will play on the pro level but I think he can play LT tbh. That’s just me though.

Jonah will be fine. He’s a mean mofo.

1BA36570-7CA4-4BA0-AF48-0DA85E9B74A5.jpeg

Colts keep O-line intact, re-sign OG Glowinski

The Indianapolis Colts kept Mark Glowinski from becoming a free agent, signing the guard to a contract extension Tuesday. A source told ESPN's Adam Schefter that the three-year deal is worth $18 million.

Glowinski, who was claimed off waivers from the Seattle Seahawks in 2017, started nine of the 11 games in which he saw action for the Colts in 2018. He became the starting right guard in early October after Matt Slauson sustained a season-ending back injury.

With Glowinski re-signed, all five starters on the Colts' offensive line are under contract for the 2019 season. He was the team's only regular starter not signed through next season.

The Colts' offensive line allowed just 18 sacks this season -- fewest in the NFL. Quarterback Andrew Luck went 239 pass attempts this season without being sacked -- the third-longest stretch in NFL history.

Indianapolis' offense ranked seventh in yards per game (386.2) and sixth in passing yards (278.8).

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

Better than what we've had the last few years here. 

There is, literally, no offensive line combination of ours the last few years that was worse than that 2011 line with Vlad Ducasse and Wayne Hunter.

That line was an utter disaster.

2 hours ago, Rhg1084 said:

Who knows? We all know Mac doesn't give a sh*t about OL. But I must say I like the way you think.

2 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

I knew from the second that D’Brick regressed and retired that we didn’t know how good we had it, I knew this would be a long ass process with the OL.

There isn’t a team in nfl who has neglected in the OL in past decade more  than the NY jets ?‍♂️

The Jets, after drafting 4 first round DL in the past 7 drafts (seriously), do not have the DL to play a 4-3.  They are going to need someone to rush the passer in the first round.  

The Jets should literally be the high bidder for Morse and Trent Brown.  There will be a guard in the third round, like Lindstrom.  

Let’s see who the Jets can sign, and then draft what they don’t sign.  

Archived