Any chance Jets can add all 3 of these offensive lineman?

Rhg1084

2 hours ago, LES said:

Why would you say that?

round 2 - 2017 passed on Polic and Elfin when we desperately needed a C for yet another safety (Maye) lol. 

And Elfin had been a bottom of the league C in Minny.  Time to stop blaming him for ignoring him

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, varjet said:

The Jets, after drafting 4 first round DL in the past 7 drafts (seriously), do not have the DL to play a 4-3.  They are going to need someone to rush the passer in the first round.  

The Jets should literally be the high bidder for Morse and Trent Brown.  There will be a guard in the third round, like Lindstrom.  

Let’s see who the Jets can sign, and then draft what they don’t sign.  

And our two most skilled guys puffed up and turded out under "defensive head coach" Todd Bowles and now play for other teams.

7 hours ago, Rhg1084 said:

Trent Brown, Matt Paradis, Jonah Williams

Can the Jets go all in on repairing their offensive line this offseason and land all 3 of these guys? Hopefully 2 out of the 3 at least? If I was the Jets GM I’d heavily invest in offensive line and try to land as many big men up front as possible.

nfl-super-bowl-xlix-nfl-honors-red-carpet-entrances-590x900.jpg&c=sc&w=590&h=442

Not happening................?

8 minutes ago, Fantasy Island said:

nfl-super-bowl-xlix-nfl-honors-red-carpet-entrances-590x900.jpg&c=sc&w=590&h=442

Not happening................?

I believe there’s a strong possibility 3 new faces are on the line next season. What 3 is a good question. Carp is gone. Shell will not be ready and Long will be cut. I can see them keeping Beach and Winters for another year. Macc is no longer in charge of these decisions.

9 hours ago, MichaelScott said:

Hypothetically, if the Jets signed 2 top FA Olineman, I find it hard to see them also using their first round pick on Jonah (ESPECIALLY @ 3). It seems like too many resources this this management to put on the line. I wouldn't be against this, provided they trade back for Jonah. I just dont see this team doing it. 

Mac has already hinted on a radio interview that he knows there is a mandate for a pass rush this season, the way there was for a QB last season. I think in his mind he has to come out of this offseason with a top FA Edge or 1st round pick. I think this is what stops him from putting THAT many resources into the Oline. 

imo it looks that way.  that's why trading out of the 3 spot for additional picks would be a good idea.  the way the qb battles are going it looks like the 3 will be pretty valuable.  it might even be possible to go from 3 back to 7 and then a late trade down from 7 to 10.  that would put them in great position to go oline in the first round.

11 hours ago, Rhg1084 said:

Brown and Paradis are UFA. Jonah Williams is the top prospect coming out of Alabama. Getting all 3 would definitely use up a lot of our resources as Brown and Paradis would require big contracts. And Williams would have to be selected with our first rd pick. However you can then use Williams at RT, Brown at LT in this situation and Paradis is the anchor at C.

we actually need guards more than a LT

6 hours ago, LES said:

I believe there’s a strong possibility 3 new faces are on the line next season. What 3 is a good question. Carp is gone. Shell will not be ready and Long will be cut. I can see them keeping Beach and Winters for another year. Macc is no longer in charge of these decisions.

I hope you are right, the same cycle of ignoring the OL can't continue.  Sam needs time to throw.

4 minutes ago, Fantasy Island said:

I hope you are right, the same cycle of ignoring the OL can't continue.  Sam needs time to throw.

Im not saying we don't need to draft o-lineman. I don't think it's as dire a situation as some here think. Once the light came on in Bowles brain to move Long to guard, and Darnold came back from his mini-benching, the o-line played alright.

Jets are heading into free agency this year with the 2 most important things in place. First is a franchise QB (we have a guy that will only turn 22 years old during camp next July). We have a new coach who will be given at least 3 years to turn things around here.

Think about going into last offseason when Bell made his famous quote, "I wouldn't play for the Jets for 100 million" or something similar to this. Jet fans got there panties in a bunch but why would they?

Our QB at the time was Josh McCown, the winner of 7 games in his last 3 years between NY & Cleveland. Our coach was the 10-22 Todd Bowles a dead man walking after his previous 2 years. If you were a star player would you have come here if you had a choice? Obviously free agency isn't all about money, things being equal. We have the money, but we also have hope, which was not the case in our 2018 offseason. I think you'll see the difference as soon as free agency opens.

10 minutes ago, genot said:

Im not saying we don't need to draft o-lineman. I don't think it's as dire a situation as some here think. Once the light came on in Bowles brain to move Long to guard, and Darnold came back from his mini-benching, the o-line played alright.

The last 4 games when Darnold came back. 

Sacked 9 times 

Average sacks per game 2.25

Team rushing yards 319

Average team rushing yards per game 80

Thats ******* awful. I’m too lazy to figure out how many times he was hit and pressured but it was a lot. 

They need to address the oline first and foremost. 

34 minutes ago, genot said:

Mac is gonna kill it in free agency and the draft this year.A giant "we now love you" poster will fly over the Meadowlands funded by Creepy, and the other non-believers.

You sound like someone snapping against those warning you not to invest your 401k in PowerBall tickets.

11 hours ago, greenwave81 said:

Paradis will stay in DEN...need to look at Mitch Morse at C who is an ADFA

Agreed, sadly.  The Broncos have $42 million in cap space, currently.  And if they need to make more space, they could always cut/extend Manny Sanders to save another $5-10 million.

12 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

The last 4 games when Darnold came back. 

Sacked 9 times 

Average sacks per game 2.25

Team rushing yards 319

Average team rushing yards per game 80

Thats ******* awful. I’m too lazy to figure out how many times he was hit and pressured but it was a lot. 

They need to address the oline first and foremost. 

Most of those sacks came against the Texans and Patriots. We didn't show up against the Pats. And Qvale was our RT. I agree we need to draft o-lineman, but it,s not as bad as the situation in Arizona with that line. The biggest issue i have with our line is we don't run block very good. Winters and carpenter are the only ones who could. I say a stud left guard and that center from Denver would make a big difference in keeping Darnold clean

9 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Agreed, sadly.  The Broncos have $42 million in cap space, currently.  And if they need to make more space, they could always cut/extend Manny Sanders to save another $5-10 million.

Our only hope is that they decide they want to spend money elsewhere. Paradis's backup is young and did a helluva job when Paradis was hurt

The key question is whether Long is kept.  That decision needs to be made soon, before FA.   I don’t know when the winters decision needs to be made.  

If Long is cut, the jets enter FA without a center again.  Long did play Center decently in Washington.  

It really depends what they decide to pursue in FA as opposed to draft.  To add 2 FA OL as a core and then draft is not an awful idea. 

16 minutes ago, genot said:

Most of those sacks came against the Texans and Patriots. We didn't show up against the Pats. And Qvale was our RT. I agree we need to draft o-lineman, but it,s not as bad as the situation in Arizona with that line. The biggest issue i have with our line is we don't run block very good. Winters and carpenter are the only ones who could. I say a stud left guard and that center from Denver would make a big difference in keeping Darnold clean

0 - Buffalo 

2 - GB

3 - Houston 

4 - NE

The better the team the more sacks they gave up. They need to go all in on protecting Darnold and getting him playmakers. 

7 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

0 - Buffalo 

2 - GB

3 - Houston 

4 - NE

The better the team the more sacks they gave up. They need to go all in on protecting Darnold and getting him playmakers. 

I agree with you. Hopefully Mac can move up in the draft, trading away some players who don't fit Williams 4-3. Jenkins. Maybe Williamson????

14 hours ago, kdels62 said:

Ugh this o-line was good but not great. Especially since that’s definitely Vlad Ducasse.

Agreed......Brick, Slauson, Mangold, Moore, Woody was our best OL in recent memory...

It honestly went downhill when we thought Wayne Hunter was a full time replacement 

11 hours ago, NYJ1 said:

Who knows? We all know Mac doesn't give a sh*t about OL. But I must say I like the way you think.

Its what has to be done first. Look at any real contending teams blueprint for success, look what happened when Indy didn't initially think that way. Line first, edge pass rusher, and a WR1.  resign Roberts for returns and get a good coach to work on his route running skills and put em in the slot and get the ball in his hands when hes up to full speed. Re sign Anderson (with an idiot clause in his contract) and keep Quincy healthy watch Herndon grow as player. Bring back Powell as the vet and see what we have in McGuire. Not sure about Cannon - but maybe.   

15 hours ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Yes finally with a Offensive HC, gase will push mac for Jets to  take the OLine very seriously, for first time in 10 years

Seriously?  Wasn't there an article that Gase did not prioritize the line?  During his time in Miami they drafted Tunsil in the first, who Mac was supposedly trying to draft up for.  Other than that, in the 3 drafts, I think Asiata in the 5th is the only other pick on the Oline.  

12 minutes ago, carlito1171 said:

Agreed......Brick, Slauson, Mangold, Moore, Woody was our best OL in recent memory...

It honestly went downhill when we thought Wayne Hunter was a full time replacement 

Brick, Faneca, Mangold, Moore, Woody is an all-time offensive line and they carried the team in 2009 and 2010.

Archived