Any chance Jets can add all 3 of these offensive lineman?

Rhg1084

14 hours ago, LES said:

Why would you say that?

round 2 - 2017 passed on Polic and Elfin when we desperately needed a C for yet another safety (Maye) lol. 

The only positives of Pat Elfein is that he would at least be on the roster unlike Stewart and we would not have signed Spencer Long. The positives end there. Elflein has been consistently one of the worst centers in the NFL since entering the league. He was a huge reason why the Vikings failed this year, they could barely protect Cousins and there was no running game to speak of.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Seriously?  Wasn't there an article that Gase did not prioritize the line?  During his time in Miami they drafted Tunsil in the first, who Mac was supposedly trying to draft up for.  Other than that, in the 3 drafts, I think Asiata in the 5th is the only other pick on the Oline.  

Lol compared to mac, Bowles, and rex, of course gase will value the OL. Yes while fins took tunsil, mac “ tried” Lol. Just like he made Dbrick retire to save pennies, sign jags only for O, and not draft a OL before 6 round in 4 years ?‍♂️. Of course a O minded HC will value the OL more than bowles/mac ever did.  

36 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Lol compared to mac, Bowles, and rex, of course gase will value the OL. Yes while fins took tunsil, mac “ tried” Lol. Just like he made Dbrick retire to save pennies, sign jags only for O, and not draft a OL before 6 round in 4 years ?‍♂️. Of course a O minded HC will value the OL more than bowles/mac ever did.  

Sure.  Of course.  He is an offensive coach, so he will prioritize the offensive line.  It's not like we have any evidence to the contrary.  It's not like it's part of the reason Gase got canned or anything.

Gase also didn't prioritize upgrading a terrible offensive line, rather deciding Miami needed to invest in its defense, per Salguero. When Ross "challenged" Gase about this, the latter "yelled at the owner about knowing more about football than he did," and a team member had to step in and stop the coach from talking to his owner in such a tone.

I remember when it was of course Bowles will hold the players accountable, unlike Rex.  Breath of fresh air!

53 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

The only positives of Pat Elfein is that he would at least be on the roster unlike Stewart and we would not have signed Spencer Long. The positives end there. Elflein has been consistently one of the worst centers in the NFL since entering the league. He was a huge reason why the Vikings failed this year, they could barely protect Cousins and there was no running game to speak of.

So I hear. But Macc should have at least addressed the need to draft a center. If he flopped I’d at least give him some credit for trying. Instead he signs Wesley Johnson and Long the following year. This guy just doesn’t get it.

5 minutes ago, LES said:

So I hear. But Macc should have at least addressed the need to draft a center. If he flopped I’d at least give him some credit for trying. Instead he signs Wesley Johnson and Long the following year. This guy just doesn’t get it.

Yep.  Teams rarely let good OL walk because of how rare and valuable they become when they work out.  You have to use the middle rounds to build a pipeline of OL; draft at least one in the 2-6 range every single season, and hope 1-2 work out. 

LT's are reserved for the early part of the 1st round almost exclusively, but G's, C's and RT's can be found in those middle rounds if you're willing to try.  Even if you have an established guy at the position, you'll need young guys to be in a position to learn the position from the bench and be ready when they get their shot.

Basically, those who hope to repair the line in one offseason will be sorely disappointed when the FA market dries up.  You can't depend on rookies to protect Darnold, either, with the exception of 1st round OT's like Jonah Williams who you can start at RT or G. 

Jonah at 3 Is almost as bad as us taking the other bama Williams at 3

if the jets pull off the Bell recruit job and it’s telegraphed well media wise — will a long way to making NY more attractive to potential FA linemen. The big picture will be more tangible with Bell joining Darnold. 

18 hours ago, Rhg1084 said:

Trent Brown, Matt Paradis, Jonah Williams

Can the Jets go all in on repairing their offensive line this offseason and land all 3 of these guys? Hopefully 2 out of the 3 at least? If I was the Jets GM I’d heavily invest in offensive line and try to land as many big men up front as possible.

VERY possible to land all 3. I just hope Paradis and Brown will not be resigned and be actual FA. I'd love for us to trade down to say 6=8 range and still grab Williams.

18 hours ago, Rhg1084 said:

Trent Brown, Matt Paradis, Jonah Williams

Can the Jets go all in on repairing their offensive line this offseason and land all 3 of these guys? Hopefully 2 out of the 3 at least? If I was the Jets GM I’d heavily invest in offensive line and try to land as many big men up front as possible.

Any chance Jets can add all 3 of these offensive lineman?..

doubtful. the only one i want is brown & he's probably goin' to stay with the pats  ?

1 hour ago, #27TheDominator said:

Sure.  Of course.  He is an offensive coach, so he will prioritize the offensive line.  It's not like we have any evidence to the contrary.  It's not like it's part of the reason Gase got canned or anything.

Gase also didn't prioritize upgrading a terrible offensive line, rather deciding Miami needed to invest in its defense, per Salguero. When Ross "challenged" Gase about this, the latter "yelled at the owner about knowing more about football than he did," and a team member had to step in and stop the coach from talking to his owner in such a tone.

I remember when it was of course Bowles will hold the players accountable, unlike Rex.  Breath of fresh air!

Lol..  all from the owner’s mouth, because they know so much ?‍♂️?.. imagine that, a Offensive guru who is up to date with rest of league, as opposed to our past 2 HC Morons. Actually prefers attacking with the pass, over the “ ground and pound” rex and Bowles favorite meal. Let’s ignore the top 3 qb of all time had by far his best yr at a old age, under this guy.. 

Also was he the gm in Miami ? When does the gm actually held accountable and do their job for once ? Mac lucked into darnold, and only reason why he wasn’t canned. So you would assume he would want to protect the 1 investment keeping him employed? Is is gase calling the shots in FA and draft room ??

6 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Lol..  all from the owner’s mouth, because they know so much ?‍♂️?.. imagine that, a Offensive guru who is up to date with rest of league, as opposed to our past 2 HC Morons. Actually prefers attacking with the pass, over the “ ground and pound” rex and Bowles favorite meal. Let’s ignore the top 3 qb of all time had by far his best yr at a old age, under this guy.. 

Also was he the gm in Miami ? When does the gm actually held accountable and do their job for once ? Mac lucked into darnold, and only reason why he wasn’t canned. So you would assume he would want to protect the 1 investment keeping him employed? Is is gase calling the shots in FA and draft room ??

Press reports and asset allocation be damned!  This is "a Offensive guru who is up to date with the rest of the league" If there is one thing Gase and McCarthy's teams were known for it was powerhouse offensive lines!

3 hours ago, kdels62 said:

Brick, Faneca, Mangold, Moore, Woody is an all-time offensive line and they carried the team in 2009 and 2010.

I don't remember how long Faneca last when he came from ?Pitt?, but they were pivotal in allowing us to run and beat teams. O line is the key to success. 

I would love edge rusher with the 3rd pick and some college studd RB in the 3rd. But what we need is Oline. FA draft picks whatever. upgrade our talent. I don't think we will have that spencer long snapper problem again but we need to have a dominant Oline to protect the best damn qb we have had since namath. 

Everything else can be after. I want our team to win cause because of Sam not because of the run game etc. Everything should be secondary to Sam. That is winning teams are built.

1 hour ago, #27TheDominator said:

Press reports and asset allocation be damned!  This is "a Offensive guru who is up to date with the rest of the league" If there is one thing Gase and McCarthy's teams were known for it was powerhouse offensive lines!

Hey dude, it’s time to get over gase hiring. I wasn’t thrilled with it but we have no choice but to wait and see. Mac is the gm, maybe he will actually be held responsible for his job for once in his life ? He and he alone is responsible for the roster. His HC can give “ opinion “ but mac is the gm. If he can’t handle his job and doesn’t rebuild this Oline for darnold, he is gone next Jan.

7 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Hey dude, it’s time to get over gase hiring. I wasn’t thrilled with it but we have no choice but to wait and see. Mac is the gm, maybe he will actually be held responsible for his job for once in his life ? He and he alone is responsible for the roster. His HC can give “ opinion “ but mac is the gm. If he can’t handle his job and doesn’t rebuild this Oline for darnold, he is gone next Jan.

What does any this nonsense have to do with you saying that Gase will push Maccagnan to finally prioritize the offensive line? My favorite part is where you decide it doesn't matter because the roster is on Maccagnan and Maccagnan alone.  The guy has shown almost no indication that he will prioritize the offensive line.  

I really don't give a sh*t about Gase one way or the other.  Not my top choice, but we will see how things work out.  I am not too optimistic because I think Williams will field a decent D, but I don't like forcing assistants on the HC any more than I liked forcing an HC on the GM.  I just don't see how the presence of Gase means the O line will improve.  There was more reason to trust Dennison IMO. 

They have to add a decent G to take Carpenter's place, but the people seeing a wholesale improvement on the line and adding two or three top FAs and drafting Jonah WIlliams are beyond delusion IMO.  Besides, if they were able to add those guys, nobody would be happy with the rest of the roster.  Paradis + Trent Brown + Jonah WIlliams?  Ha.  Last offseason he added Swanson, and Long, and resigned Dozier, Qvale and Ijalana.   

17 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

What does any this nonsense have to do with you saying that Gase will push Maccagnan to finally prioritize the offensive line? My favorite part is where you decide it doesn't matter because the roster is on Maccagnan and Maccagnan alone.  The guy has shown almost no indication that he will prioritize the offensive line.  

I really don't give a sh*t about Gase one way or the other.  Not my top choice, but we will see how things work out.  I am not too optimistic because I think Williams will field a decent D, but I don't like forcing assistants on the HC any more than I liked forcing an HC on the GM.  I just don't see how the presence of Gase means the O line will improve.  There was more reason to trust Dennison IMO. 

They have to add a decent G to take Carpenter's place, but the people seeing a wholesale improvement on the line and adding two or three top FAs and drafting Jonah WIlliams are beyond delusion IMO.  Besides, if they were able to add those guys, nobody would be happy with the rest of the roster.  Paradis + Trent Brown + Jonah WIlliams?  Ha.  Last offseason he added Swanson, and Long, and resigned Dozier, Qvale and Ijalana.   

I’m just tired of people giving mac a pass. Not drafting 1 OL before 6 round in 4 years is horrific. At least the skins did take tunsil. You say Mac tried trade up ? Well I’m sure he as he normally does, undervalued the OL and didn’t think the price fins wanted was worth it. Does gase get credit for turning down macs supposed offer ? I doubt Todd Bowles was pushing for that trade. It’s laughable to say gase is as D minded as rex and Todd Bowles 

15 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

I’m just tired of people giving mac a pass. Not drafting 1 OL before 6 round in 4 years is horrific. At least the skins did take tunsil. You say Mac tried trade up ? Well I’m sure he as he normally does, undervalued the OL and didn’t think the price fins wanted was worth it. Does gase get credit for turning down macs supposed offer ? I doubt Todd Bowles was pushing for that trade. It’s laughable to say gase is as D minded as rex and Todd Bowles 

Is this deliberate?

You do realize that not being "D minded and prioritizing the offensive line are not the same thing, don't you?   Plenty of teams prioritize offensive skill players.  I know the Jets haven't. Maybe it has been so long that you don't understand the concept?

Also, LOL at me being one of the guys "giving Mac a pass."  

37 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Is this deliberate?

You do realize that not being "D minded and prioritizing the offensive line are not the same thing, don't you?   Plenty of teams prioritize offensive skill players.  I know the Jets haven't. Maybe it has been so long that you don't understand the concept?

Also, LOL at me being one of the guys "giving Mac a pass."  

Lol so you are actually arguing an O guru who has worked well with qbs, does not care about the OL ? That is the story you’re sticking with ??

20 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Lol so you are actually arguing an O guru who has worked well with qbs, does not care about the OL ? That is the story you’re sticking with ??

LOL?  What the ****?  I gave you a press report that he didn't.  Look at the state of the Dolphins offensive line and show me how his "caring" about the offensive line is going to make them improve.  

You want to LOL?  Keep typing guru.  They were ******* like 31st in offense last year.  Guru indeed. 

Just now, #27TheDominator said:

LOL?  What the ****?  I gave you a press report that he didn't.  Look at the state of the Dolphins offensive line and show me how his "caring" about the offensive line is going to make them improve.  

You want to LOL?  Keep typing guru.  They were ******* like 31st in offense last year.  Guru indeed. 

Wow, how did they not set records with Osweiler throwing to bums

Archived