Any chance Jets can add all 3 of these offensive lineman?

Rhg1084

2 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

He has no choice but add one.  Carpenter is probably gone.  

Carpenter is gone plus Shell probably won’t be ready by next September or even preseason

Long played better at LG.  They can sign a center like Paradis or Morse.  There are several good OTs available  Trent Brown is the top choice followed by Ty Nsekhe

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Creepy Lurker said:

Some of our old crap players have carved out long careers as JAGS. I give them credit for sticking around. Ducasse, Slausom, Sanchez, kellen Clemens etc. 

oday abooshi is still around, or at least was for awhile.  

2 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Carpenter is gone plus Shell probably won’t be ready by next September or even preseason

Long played better at LG.  They can sign a center like Paradis or Morse.  There are several good OTs available  Trent Brown is the top choice followed by Ty Nsekhe

Long may be salvageable at LG or C.  He was an ok C for the Redskins.    I think his biggest issue was his hand injury.

But Mac should have went for Richburg or the guy from the Ravens.  

11 hours ago, varjet said:

Long may be salvageable at LG or C.  He was an ok C for the Redskins.    I think his biggest issue was his hand injury.

But Mac should have went for Richburg or the guy from the Ravens.  

Long we should keep around for depth 

On 1/29/2019 at 4:58 PM, Gas2No99 said:

Colts keep O-line intact, re-sign OG Glowinski

The Indianapolis Colts kept Mark Glowinski from becoming a free agent, signing the guard to a contract extension Tuesday. A source told ESPN's Adam Schefter that the three-year deal is worth $18 million.

Glowinski, who was claimed off waivers from the Seattle Seahawks in 2017, started nine of the 11 games in which he saw action for the Colts in 2018. He became the starting right guard in early October after Matt Slauson sustained a season-ending back injury.

With Glowinski re-signed, all five starters on the Colts' offensive line are under contract for the 2019 season. He was the team's only regular starter not signed through next season.

The Colts' offensive line allowed just 18 sacks this season -- fewest in the NFL. Quarterback Andrew Luck went 239 pass attempts this season without being sacked -- the third-longest stretch in NFL history.

Indianapolis' offense ranked seventh in yards per game (386.2) and sixth in passing yards (278.8).

The importance of a good offensive line...it all begins with the Big Uglies, if not, you’re wasting draft picks on skilled players.  You can see the difference in Luck this past season, the Colts wasted AL first few years behind that crappy line, you could argue his skill level took a bit of a hit.

I can understand an edge rusher at #1 if Bosa, or another top 3 guy, but you’re not going to find a Gurly (top 3) or a steal like JuJu in the bottom of 2nd in this draft.  

Wait till next draft for skilled players, work on the line.

On ‎1‎/‎29‎/‎2019 at 3:22 PM, Rhg1084 said:

Trent Brown, Matt Paradis, Jonah Williams

Can the Jets go all in on repairing their offensive line this offseason and land all 3 of these guys? Hopefully 2 out of the 3 at least? If I was the Jets GM I’d heavily invest in offensive line and try to land as many big men up front as possible.

T.Brown-OT, J.Miller-OG, AND M.Paradis-OC via Free Agency. Bring ALL of them in. 

The Jets can go ALL IN on O-line in FA and completely rebuild the offensive line but it will be expensive. IMO its exactly what they should do and what they should focus on. I don't want to draft any O-lineman #3 overall and I don't have complete faith in any of the O-line rookies being able to come in and be productive starters. They would need to clear cap by cutting Long and Beachem but with the current cap room the Jets already have they could very well 'overpay' and lure ALL 3 of these O-linemen to protect their biggest asset Sam Darnold.

Starters: LT-Brown, LG-Miller, C-Paradis, RG-Winters, RT-Shell

Shell is a gamble and Winters is not the best so our right side will be weaker but overall this should be a dominant O-line, particularly in the run game. The Jets will not need to invest big money in a superstar RB (like Bell) b/c they will be able to get similar production from their current RB stable and maybe a lower level FA or 4th/5th round rookie. Why? B/C now Darnold is adequately protected and the O-line will wear teams down in the run game.

If the Jets cut Beachem and Long they should still have enough money to bring in a Pass Rusher like Fowler, Flower or Clark and re-sign Mo Claiborne and H. Anderson to help out the defense.

As far as weapons, the Jets already have Enunwa and Herndon. They can bring Burnett and Roberts back as well as tender R.Anderson with a 1st round pick. That gives them something to build off as far as weapons. No need to try and go after A.Brown or top tier FA WRs, IMO.    

If the Jets accomplish this FA gameplan they will be in good shape to make a playoff run (assuming Darnolds development continues) in 2019.

Having sowed up a lot of holes via FA, the draft gives the Jets a ton of options. 

Rd. 1 pick #3: Q.Williams: Assuming Bosa goes #1 and Allen goes #2, Q.Williams is the best player on the board. The Jest can start  Anderson and their FA Pass Rusher (Fowler, Flowers, Clark, etc.) at the Ends and move L.Williams inside to DT. Q.Williams will be a perfect fit playing next to L.Williams. Imagine trying to block Leo and Q coming at you inside with Anderson setting the edge and Fowler/Flower/Clark coming off the other edge to rush the passer. It's a nightmare for the opposing O-line.

OR

The Jets can trade down- draft a WR, CB, DT, Pass Rusher, etc. For example, if the Jags or Giants, Den. or Cincy want to move up for a QB the Jets can still get DT-Oliver, CB- G.Williams, Edge- Polite, WR- Metcalf, etc. in the bottom half of the top 10. 

It's just hard to target prospects assuming a trade b/c I have no idea who the Jets might end up dealing with or what they will get. However, it's quite possible they move down, add a pick or two and still get a DT to play next to L.Williams- like Oliver  

Archived