Rule #3: NO DEADLINE GAMES.

Rule #4: Don't piss off Nyn.

Rule #5: Don't smell 80's socks.

Rule #6: Repeat Rule #1 again.

Rule #7: Pac sucks at Mafia.

That about covers the basics.

@peebag  Here's a quick rundown:

On 1/15/2019 at 6:17 PM, Spoot-Face said:

It's pretty fun. For the most basic setup, everyone is assigned a role and will be on either one of two teams: Town or Mafia (aka Scum). The Town makes up the majority of the players, and they have no idea on what team everyone else is on (aka their alignment). The Mafia team is a smaller team, usually about 1/4 of the total player base, and they know who's on their team and who's not; they also have their own QT (off-site forum) where they can communicate with each other. Town's goal is to find and kill the entire Mafia team, typically by lynching (I will explain that later). The Mafia's goal is to eliminate the Town until the Mafia team numbers is at least equal to the Town.

Now, the game revolves all around conversation during the Day Phase, during which all players can vote another player. After a player gets a certain amount of votes on themselves, that player is lynched (killed) and the Day Phase is over, and the Night Phase begins. The Night Phase is where The Mafia team uses their kill on any player of their choosing, and that player will die at the beginning of the following Day Phase, and the game continues.

That pretty much sums up the basics. There are special "power roles" that both Town and Mafia may get, but most Town players are "Vanilla" which means they aren't special and can only cast votes. But we don't need to outline those now.

Here's some more reading on the game:

https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Main_Page

https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Newbie_Guide

@14 in Green

36 minutes ago, nycdan said:

I've been here for too many years to count and I still have no idea what you guys do in here.  I'm guessing the image of the monkeys pretty much sums it up.  

Those are very advanced mind game tactics.

You need to start with sh*tty nicknames and once you've earned your stripes you can post dumb monkey pictures.

Be warned though, only the best make it that far.

1 hour ago, Spoot-Face said:

Rule #1: Verbal must die.

Rule #2: Repeat Rule #1.

Rule #3: NO DEADLINE GAMES.

Rule #4: Don't piss off Nyn.

Rule #5: Don't smell 80's socks.

Rule #6: Repeat Rule #1 again.

Rule #7: Pac sucks at Mafia.

That about covers the basics.

You bast@rd... you left out the most important rule of Teh Mafia....

Rule #14: GFY

Appreciate the tag, but I don't have time for childish games, I have more important stuff to do.

Now, excuse me, I have to go back to the thread where I'm arguing with bitoni as to whether or not Adam Gase is good friends with Peyton Manning.

56 minutes ago, nycdan said:

I'm thinking that I don't do nearly enough hallucinogenic drugs to make sense of this.  But I'm willing to work on that...

It’s actually a lot of fun. Go check the early games, we been playing for over a decade. I’m helping mod and not playing so I can help you out if you want to try. Game is a basic game good to learn on. 

6 minutes ago, JiF said:

Also, do you think once we actually try to explain the game to people that most of them leave the thread thinking, holy sh*t those ******* people are weird?

I hope so.

Same thing happen to me when I tried to explain what a threesome is to my chimp mates in 5th grades. 

Archived