Sign in to follow this  
joewilly12

Home sick with the FLU

13 hours ago, Spoot-Face said:

The Flu is just nature's way of weeding out the weak, and controlling the population.

Don't fight it.

Just give in.

For the sake of humanity.

Wishing the flu on you....................enjoy. 

On ‎1‎/‎31‎/‎2019 at 3:15 PM, joewilly12 said:

Full blown flu says the Dr prescribed cough meds and sinus meds and aleve,advil etc says ride it out nothing else can be done. 

Said I should have been in on Monday or Tuesday to lessen the blow with tami-flu meds. 

He did remind me of my refusal of a flu shot that may or may not have prevented all this. 

Sucks to get old. 

RN here. Hopefully you're feeling much better now! With the flu vaccinations the CDC makes their best prediction on which flu strands are most likely to be in circulation for that flu season. There is never any guaranteed fool proof flu vaccination unfortunately. However, I would still recommend it. Even if you have a healthy immune system, it will help your immune system recognize the pathogen and be better equipped to defeat it. I'm required yearly to get the vaccination for my job, but I do know others who get the vaccination and still get the flu as well as people that don't get the vaccination and seem to make it out unaffected.