Jump to content

Beningo: Jets need to take one of the pass rushers at 3


Philc1
 Share

Recommended Posts

@Philc1 let’s chat for a second... why the hell do you think Josh Allen is so good? He hasn’t shown a single pass rush move during his time at Kentucky. Not a single one. He runs thru tackles or there is an open lane..every..single..time. 

He hasn’t had to display any kind of technique that he’ll clearly need in the NFL, because he can easily run through players that aren’t as fast, strong or big as him. He can’t get away with that on the NFL level. Everyone is fast, big and strong. 

What do you see that is so special it warrants a #3 draft pick?

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Patriot Killa said:

@Philc1 let’s chat for a second... why the hell do you think Josh Allen is so good? He’s hasn’t shown a single pass rush move during his time at Kentucky. Not a single one. He runs thru tackles or there is an open lane..every..single..time. 

He hasn’t had to display any kind of technique that he’ll clearly need in the NFL, because he can easily run through players that aren’t as fast, strong or big as him. He can’t get away with that on the NFL level. Everyone is fast, big and strong. 

What do you see that is so special it warrants a #3 draft pick?

31 sacks in 3 years facing top competition not counting him recently getting 3 sacks in a bowl game — yeah no moves at all dude

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Ok, just off the top of my head:

He thought we would win the AFC title game in Pittsburgh. 

He thought we had no shot in NE the week before.

He thought we would win the AFC title game in Indy. 

He was campaigning for months to resign Wilkerson. 

If we go back a few decades, he was in love with the Neil O Donnell signing. 

He has this dopey conspiracy theory that the infamous Leon Johnson interception (vs. Detroit in 97) was the result of Parcells holding a personal vendetta against Neil O Donnell. 

I could go on. 

You are talking to the wrong guy. I've been listening to Beningo since he was Joe in Saddle River . . . 

Maybe you have some "Best of Beningo" post 2012??

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

lets play a game. Take a sip of beer every time you see a pass rush move followed by a sack.

 

you’ll be upset when your beer is warm.

i see your point but having the speed to run around the LT isn't such a bad thing either.  he's blowing by the lt before they can get their feet set up.  and as others have said, he's playing against top college competition.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

@Philc1 let’s chat for a second... why the hell do you think Josh Allen is so good? He hasn’t shown a single pass rush move during his time at Kentucky. Not a single one. He runs thru tackles or there is an open lane..every..single..time. 

He hasn’t had to display any kind of technique that he’ll clearly need in the NFL, because he can easily run through players that aren’t as fast, strong or big as him. He can’t get away with that on the NFL level. Everyone is fast, big and strong. 

What do you see that is so special it warrants a #3 draft pick?

Vernon Gholston Part 2?  

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Those 3 sacks were wide the hell open...I can’t imagine much different for the majority of them either. 

So what about the other 31 sacks?  That is a lot of sacks to be wide open on especially when facing SEC teams

 

 

Btw Allen has also had 41 tackles for loss during the same time span in addition to being excellent in coverage.  He’s a baller

  • Upvote 2
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Ok, just off the top of my head:

He thought we would win the AFC title game in Pittsburgh. 

He thought we had no shot in NE the week before.

He thought we would win the AFC title game in Indy. 

He was campaigning for months to resign Wilkerson. 

If we go back a few decades, he was in love with the Neil O Donnell signing. 

He has this dopey conspiracy theory that the infamous Leon Johnson interception (vs. Detroit in 97) was the result of Parcells holding a personal vendetta against Neil O Donnell. 

I could go on. 

You are talking to the wrong guy. I've been listening to Beningo since he was Joe in Saddle River . . . 

Regarding player personnel moves with the jets the only one Beningo has ever been wrong on was Wilkerson

 

Been listening since the mid 90’s.  Yeah I guess signing O’Donnel sucked we should have stuck with Frank Reich or a 40 year old Boomer

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Patriot Killa said:

That’s how I feel. He’s a boom or bust candidate. Seems one dimensional in his ability and really only fits the 3-4 OLB role. I’m not trying to draft a two down pass rushing specialist.

Yeah and I can call Jonah Robert Gallery 2.0

 

See?  So easy!

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Philc1 said:

So what about the other 31 sacks?  That is a lot of sacks to be wide open on especially when facing SEC teams

 

 

Btw Allen has also had 41 tackles for loss during the same time span in addition to being excellent in coverage.  He’s a baller

You are welcome to check out the highlight reel that I posted. It shows all of his sacks and you can determine how easy the sacks were from there.

btw, if we do switch to a 4-3 scheme, Josh Allen isn’t fitting period. 

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Sarge4Tide said:

If we don't trade down, you have to figure that one of Allen, Williams, or Bosa will be the pick

Rashan Gary might be a dark horse

If one of the OTs separates themselves and becomes "the guy" - whoever that is - they might be an option

How can you separate at this point unless Jonah Williams absolutely murders the combine which won’t happen

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Patriot Killa said:

You are welcome to check out the highlight reel that I posted. It shows all of his sacks and you can determine how easy the sacks were from there.

btw, if we do switch to a 4-3 scheme, Josh Allen isn’t fitting period. 

31 sacks in 3 years plus 41 tackles for loss

 

But he was open!

  • Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, rangerous said:

i see your point but having the speed to run around the LT isn't such a bad thing either.  he's blowing by the lt before they can get their feet set up.  and as others have said, he's playing against top college competition.

I'm no college guy but he looks like he could beat Jonah Williams around the edge...

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Sarge4Tide said:

If we don't trade down, you have to figure that one of Allen, Williams, or Bosa will be the pick

Rashan Gary might be a dark horse

If one of the OTs separates themselves and becomes "the guy" - whoever that is - they might be an option

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000938523/article/scouting-rashan-gary-michigan-has-a-topthree-talent-in-dt

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...