Beningo: Jets need to take one of the pass rushers at 3

Philc1

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Yeah, you keep saying this but it hasn’t done anything for the value of your argument lol but ok.

type away.

Type away what?  31 sacks and 41 TFL facing the best competition in college football past 3 years?

But

Allen

was

Open!

6 minutes ago, Snell41 said:

When he adamantly claimed the Jets needed to pay Wilkerson.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And 90% of this message board was screaming for the jets to extend Wilkerson and say bye to Snacks

Same folks who now want to neglect pass rusher again to draft a Right Tackle

2 hours ago, rangerous said:

i see your point but having the speed to run around the LT isn't such a bad thing either.  he's blowing by the lt before they can get their feet set up.  and as others have said, he's playing against top college competition.

Don't get mad ,but it seemed to me like he was running by a lot of big fat guys who couldn't block a driveway with a dump truck.  I didn't see the "top college competition" you guys were referring to unless we're talking about Community College.  Sorry.

So 

If the way belicheat defeats top offenses is with inside pressure and bump and run coverage..... Maybe taking a guy that can get inside pressure would be good? 

EDGE rushers are sexy but inside pressure is in some ways more effective 

3 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Tell me when Beningo has been wrong about the jets 

I'll start with when he first was on at night and he ranted on and on and on how stupid Hess was to promise Belichich the HC job when Parcells stepped down.  

Thats a 0-1 big swing and a miss. 

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

If we’re going to a 4-3 don’t we have to start talking about Ed Oliver?

dark horse candidate to by much more of a sack guy in the NFL then he was in college. wouldn't shock me if he is an absolute wrecking ball in the league.

i see your point but having the speed to run around the LT isn't such a bad thing either.  he's blowing by the lt before they can get their feet set up.  and as others have said, he's playing against top college competition.
Maudlin and Donahue were fast and they didn't do much. Takes more than speed to make it as a pass rusher.

Sent from my LGUS991 using JetNation.com mobile app

46 minutes ago, Larz said:

So 

If the way belicheat defeats top offenses is with inside pressure and bump and run coverage..... Maybe taking a guy that can get inside pressure would be good? 

EDGE rushers are sexy but inside pressure is in some ways more effective 

I understand the line of thinking, my issue with this is that it would be the 5th DT in round 1 the last 9 seasons. We haven't been able to get the sacks we are looking for. I just want to try a different approach, give me an edge rusher in FA and one at #3.

21 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

If we’re going to a 4-3 don’t we have to start talking about Ed Oliver?

He’s very much a name to consider. If we really want to go 4-3 DE..Clelin Ferrell is my guy. But it’s almost criminal how far Ed Oliver’s name is dropping in mock drafts. I think it’s because he was a little smaller for DT.

4 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

I’m terrified of Josh Allen as a prospect... 

Simply either is the most dedicated hard-core  training player in NCAA history or....Vernon Gholston II. Players can get better with training and nutrition, but that is off the charts. 

1 minute ago, Bugg said:

Simply either is the most dedicated hard-core  training player in NCAA history or....Vernon Gholston II. Players can get better with training and nutrition, but that is off the charts. 

Watch any interview of Allen he loves football his personality is the exact opposite of Gholston

Just now, Philc1 said:

Watch any interview of Allen he loves football his personality is the exact opposite of Gholston

Hey, if he is the type of guy that can really catch on quick and he works hard. Fine, I understand the pick. I need to see what scheme we run with though. That is so important to which pass rusher is the pick come April.

Archived