Villain's Pre-SuperBowl 2019 mock draft (With trades) Rds 1-4

Villain The Foe

I was asked to do this again, so here you go. 

I would trade down with the Denver Broncos for the 10th pick in the draft and their 2nd round pick. Trade down again with the Redskins for their 1st round (15th pick) and 2nd round picks. 

Biggest offseason needs 

Offensive tackle

Pass rusher

Wide receiver

Interior offensive linemen

Cornerback

Running back

Linebacker

Round 1: (Denver then Redskins trade)

Jets pick OT Andre Dillard; Washington State. 

Round 2: (Denver trade)

Jets pick TE: TJ Hockenson; Iowa

Round 2: (Redskins trade)

Jets pick OG: Chris Lindstrom; Boston College

Round 3: 

Jets pick WR: Riley Ridley; Georgia

Round 3: (New Orleans trade for Bridgewater)

Jets pick RB: Bryce Love; Stanford

Round 4: 
Jets pick ILB: Te'von Coney; Norte Dame

Like of course, we're all going to clamor around mocks that have us netting 2 extra picks in the early rounds. But it's hard to sit back say - yes this a possible or probable- and scenario that i like or dislike. 

Btw - hells to the no for Bryce Love, at all - and definitely nowhere before round 6-7

44 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Can we get 1 mock that doesn't have a trade back? 

RD1: BAP

RD3: BAPx2

RD4: BAP

RD5: BAP

RD6: BAP

RD7: BAP

Jets fans after the draft; sure, we didnt address a single position of need but Mac landed the BAP guy in each round!

57 minutes ago, JiF said:

RD1: BAP

RD3: BAPx2

RD4: BAP

RD5: BAP

RD6: BAP

RD7: BAP

Jets fans after the draft; sure, we didnt address a single position of need but Mac landed the BAP guy in each round!

I think he'll have to trade down to pick up that 6th.  They sent theirs to the Saints in the Bridgewater deal. 

Poor Villian. 

Heres an off the cuff mock for the day. 

1- Ed Oliver (bc let’s be honest, no way Macc has the balls to take Metcalf

3- OT T Howard 

3- OG K Sutherland 

4- RB D Singletary

5- CB Nik Needham 

7- WR J Ferguson 

3 hours ago, Paradis said:

Like of course, we're all going to clamor around mocks that have us netting 2 extra picks in the early rounds. But it's hard to sit back say - yes this a possible or probable- and scenario that i like or dislike. 

Btw - hells to the no for Bryce Love, at all - and definitely nowhere before round 6-7

That's my mock. 

45 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Poor Villian. 

Heres an off the cuff mock for the day. 

1- Ed Oliver (bc let’s be honest, no way Macc has the balls to take Metcalf

3- OT T Howard 

3- OG K Sutherland 

4- RB D Singletary

5- CB Nik Needham 

7- WR J Ferguson 

This can't be real, at least not really @Paradis making this post... there is no Jalen Hurd being picked here... lol

jokes, just jokes.

6 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

I would trade down with the Denver Broncos for the 10th pick in the draft and their 2nd round pick. Trade down again with the Redskins for their 1st round (15th pick) and 2nd round picks. 

Biggest offseason needs 

Offensive tackle

Pass rusher

Wide receiver

Cornerback

Running back

Linebacker

Round 3: 

Round 4: 

I got the annual subscription for fanspeak, Bryce Love is going late round 5/early round 6 with every big board used. Someone will reach and maybe take him round 4, Ridley will prob go in round 2 (but as far as a mock it's unpredictable - good pick) - i really like Dillard, Lindstrom is good. Coney is my guy - I dont think he makes it to round 4 though... we will see... i will post a mock after free agency because we wont know what holes to fill until after that 

7 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

Biggest offseason needs 

Offensive tackle

Pass rusher

Wide receiver

Cornerback

Running back

Linebacker

Round 3: 

Round 4: 

tenorMGVFE61R.gif.ff813fa1259bb4ed98211a24df9bb93b.gifA Tight end in the 2nd round. Revised 2019 draft coming soon.

20 hours ago, BklynJetsFan85 said:

I got the annual subscription for fanspeak, Bryce Love is going late round 5/early round 6 with every big board used. Someone will reach and maybe take him round 4, Ridley will prob go in round 2 (but as far as a mock it's unpredictable - good pick) - i really like Dillard, Lindstrom is good. Coney is my guy - I dont think he makes it to round 4 though... we will see... i will post a mock after free agency because we wont know what holes to fill until after that 

If Bryce Love went in the 5th or 6th round that will probably be the biggest sleeper I've ever seen. Dude had one of the best seasons in 2017 and should have probably entered the draft then. He had an injury riddled season and was clearly not the same. I have him in the 3rd round and would still keep him there because I feel like he has high caliber talent. He can be a starter for this team within a year, easy. Maybe even right as a rookie if he's 100%.

My two sleepers are both my 3rd rounders. Bryce Love and Riley Ridley and two slept on players for very good reasons. Love's injury and Ridley playing at Georgia which is literally a run 1st and 2nd football team. The only thing that I dont like about Ridley's game is his poor attempt at blocking, especially coming from a school that is serious about the run game. You couldnt pull stuff like that at places like Nebraska where if you dont block as a WR then you're not seeing the field. Outside of that though, Ridley looks like he has the talent to develop into a legit #1 WR with the proper coaching. He has really good hands and shows a variety of ways to get off the LOS while at the same time gaining good leverage on press coverage. Ridley's one of the few tapes out there where you can see alot of press coverage. So many other WR's are playing so with much cushion it's hard to evaluate it. The perfect example of that is the kid from NC State, Kelvin Harmon. He reminds me alot of Quincy Enunwa. He has nice double moves with his routes, but rarely can I see him in press coverage. 

I like Andre Dillard as well. I thought that Washington State had arguably the best Oline in the nation and Dillard was the leader of that Oline. Alot of folks are talking about the kid from Alabama, and I haven't watched all of the other players tape yet, but I was talking about Washington State during the season. And Dillard was doing his thing at the Senior bowl. I'd take him in the 1st round no problem. 

Thanks for your feedback. The thread may be short, but it does take alot of time to do these in terms of looking at players. 

20 hours ago, genot said:

tenorMGVFE61R.gif.ff813fa1259bb4ed98211a24df9bb93b.gifA Tight end in the 2nd round. Revised 2019 draft coming soon.

He's not just a typical tight end. He's a legit receiving threat and arguably the best blocking TE in the country. He's the perfect inline TE with Herndon being our move TE. Both of these guys on the field at the same time is a matchup nightmare AND you have an added blocker on running plays so having TJ on the field never tips the defense to either a run or pass play. 

Is not just about positions, but matchups. Coaches like Belichick thinknin terms of matchups and leverage. Macc thinks in regards to "Best Available Player" yet every year we always end the season with just 4 or 5 wins and virtually no talent yet Macc claims that we draft the best available talent and not for need. 

Im thinking about what can give Darnold an advantage on the football field, and this class has a pretty talented TE class at the top of the draft and giving him middle of the field targets as well as big bodies and an added blocker never hurts.

46 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

He's not just a typical tight end. He's a legit receiving threat and arguably the best blocking TE in the country. He's the perfect inline TE with Herndon being our move TE. Both of these guys on the field at the same time is a matchup nightmare AND you have an added blocker on running plays so having TJ on the field never tips the defense to either a run or pass play. 

Is not just about positions, but matchups. Coaches like Belichick thinknin terms of matchups and leverage. Macc thinks in regards to "Best Available Player" yet every year we always end the season with just 4 or 5 wins and virtually no talent yet Macc claims that we draft the best available talent and not for need. 

Im thinking about what can give Darnold an advantage on the football field, and this class has a pretty talented TE class at the top of the draft and giving him middle of the field targets as well as big bodies and an added blocker never hurts.

Lol. Your mock is legit. We have other needs that are more pressing. I think our situation at tight end is real good. Herndon is a complete player, and Leggett has blocked well, and actually started to show a little as a receiver. Both young, too.

3 hours ago, genot said:

Lol. Your mock is legit. We have other needs that are more pressing. I think our situation at tight end is real good. Herndon is a complete player, and Leggett has blocked well, and actually started to show a little as a receiver. Both young, too.

Im not too sure that I can agree that our TE situation is "real good". Chris Herndon had a very promising year but Leggett has less than 120  yards and just 1 TD going into his 3rd season and was also leapfrogged by Herndon. 

What other needs are more pressing? You never provided an alternative. The Jets have a pressing need for pass blocking, run blocking and receiving. TJ Hockenson addresses every one of those in a particular way which makes him a value piece to an offense when trying to add versatility. I dont know what's more pressing for this team at the moment than those areas. The first 4 picks in my mock addresses those needs in a variety of ways. LT, TE, G, WR. Adding TJ with Herdon could give the Jets one of the best TE tandems in the league which is good for Darnold, an extra blocker which is good for Darnold and the RB et. 

Providing Darnold with a 6'5 all around TE to go with his current 6'4 TE would essentially allow Darnold to play basketball on the field and throw alley-oops all game long. Add the speed on the outside with Anderson and functional router runner in rookie Riley and the Jets have an entirely new dangerous passing attack primarily by taking advantage of slower lighter and shorter LB's/Safeties. Also, both Herndon and Hockenson are used to playing with other TE's on the field. In 2016 Herndon played with Njoku and Dobard and this season Hockensen played with Noah Fant. sh*t, Iowa offense is essentially 2 TE sets as well.

Just take 11 mins out of your life and watch this video. This is one of many, but TJ Hockenson is George Kittle all over again. TJ isnt as talented a receiver as Kittle but he's more than good enough...he is however better blocker than Kittle was coming out, and it was clear during Kittle's year that he was clearly the best blocking TE in his class and the best overall TE of his class, a statement that I made back when it wasnt popular given that it was the same draft as OJ Howard. Well, look at George Kittle today. TJ Hockenson is of the same cloth as Kittle IMO. Iowa simply understands how to make lineman and TE's. They're a Lineman and TE factory for sure, and IMO TJ Hockenson has the tools to be a star in the league. That opinion of mine along with his skillset is worth a 2nd round pick easy

What direction would you go, and what is your plan behind it? I would love the Jets to go two TE sets given their lack of WR talent and use that formation to cause confusion and mismatches while at the same time giving guys such as Robby Anderson some one on one opportunities 

7 hours ago, genot said:

Of all the things happening in Villain's mock, The TE from Iowa is not the problem. We should be so lucky to land one of the two Hawkeyes. 

the 12 personnel package on offense features 2 TEs, one Y and one F... some of the most successful offenses today in the NFL run the 12. PHI drafted Goedert in the 2nd round to ensure they could continue doing so despite having Ertz. Chris plays the Y well. It's been my dream that we have two stud TEs on the field at the same time. You're essentially forfeiting the slot WR/FB for a TE. 

Anyway.. carry on. 

Archived