Villain's Pre-SuperBowl 2019 mock draft (With trades) Rds 1-4

Villain The Foe

4 hours ago, Paradis said:

Of all the things happening in Villain's mock, The TE from Iowa is not the problem. We should be so lucky to land one of the two Hawkeyes. 

the 12 personnel package on offense features 2 TEs, one Y and one F... some of the most successful offenses today in the NFL run the 12. PHI drafted Goedert in the 2nd round to ensure they could continue doing so despite having Ertz. Chris plays the Y well. It's been my dream that we have two stud TEs on the field at the same time. You're essentially forfeiting the slot WR/FB for a TE. 

Anyway.. carry on. 

I think left guard is a real issue. if it's a choice between a tight end and Lindstrom, i'd take lindstrom. Just a preference. Not written in stone or anything. It kinda sucks that Sterling is so concussion prone. He would really open things up for us.

8 hours ago, Paradis said:

Of all the things happening in Villain's mock, The TE from Iowa is not the problem. We should be so lucky to land one of the two Hawkeyes. 

the 12 personnel package on offense features 2 TEs, one Y and one F... some of the most successful offenses today in the NFL run the 12. PHI drafted Goedert in the 2nd round to ensure they could continue doing so despite having Ertz. Chris plays the Y well. It's been my dream that we have two stud TEs on the field at the same time. You're essentially forfeiting the slot WR/FB for a TE. 

Anyway.. carry on. 

Thank you. You see where im going with the pick. Some of the most dangerous offenses have tandem TE's. You can do so much with that position.

9 hours ago, genot said:

I think left guard is a real issue. if it's a choice between a tight end and Lindstrom, i'd take lindstrom. Just a preference. Not written in stone or anything. It kinda sucks that Sterling is so concussion prone. He would really open things up for us.

Agreed, will depend on FA. I'd expect we'll at least reinforce the Oline in some capacity... the TEs from Iowa have Kelse type upside, so I'm partial to the position. Historically, teams with 2 dominating TEs have eviscerated defenses. 

I was holding out hope for Sterling and Leggett, but I'm waving them off into the sunset. 

On ‎1‎/‎31‎/‎2019 at 9:30 AM, JiF said:

I hate every single pick you've made here, even with the extra hypothetical trade down scenario.

I agree. Sorry! None of these picks make sense and there is no way I move down ALL THE WAY TO 10 for ONE 2nd rounder. There is no way that adds up in value. Also, Dillard 15th overall??? Wha? No way. So many better players will still be on the board- including OTs, Edge rushers, CBs, WRs etc. 

Archived