Kristaps Porzingas traded to Dallas Mavericks

1 minute ago, Patriot Killa said:

He demanded a trade early in the day. Was very concerned with the team’s direction.

Their direction is up.  When you are at the bottom, there is nowhere to go but up. 

My father, long time Nets fan, was just laughing about how Knicks fans thought they were going to get the Brow.  Some thought they were going to get him and keep Prozingis

Just now, #27TheDominator said:

Their direction is up.  When you are at the bottom, there is nowhere to go but up. 

My father, long time Nets fan, was just laughing about how Knicks fans thought they were going to get the Brow.  Some thought they were going to get him and keep Prozingis

I actually thought KP for AD(with some add ins, of course)would of been the trade since the Pelicans didn’t want to send him to the Lakers, I didn’t expect the Mavericks to jump in on KP though. I’m a fan of Dennis Smith, he should do well in NY. Some other good pieces for them, too.

a Luka Doncic and KP combo could be deadly though.

4 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

Why do the Knicks even exist at this point?  Serious question.

You aint wrong. The organization is terribly run. The fanbase is also delusional. Bad mix. Porzingis was never as good as everyone thought he was in NY and was never netting back anything significant. Being big and smooth doesnt compensate for bad shooting and poor rebounding. The league saw this, the Knicks fans never did.

The Knicks front office is also woefully incompetent and is being run by the same guy who oversaw the Eddy Curry trade. Phil wanted to deal KP like two years ago because he was already a pain in the neck without the cache to back it up. Dennis Smith is a shoot first point guard who cant shoot. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

I think it was a good trade.  KP hasn't shown he can stay healthy and they clear up cap space for next year where they can sign two max contracts.  Also, they get a future 1st along with a high draft pick in the upcoming draft.  They can turn this around very quickly.  

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

3 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

I actually thought KP for AD(with some add ins, of course)would of been the trade since the Pelicans didn’t want to send him to the Lakers, I didn’t expect the Mavericks to jump in on KP though. I’m a fan of Dennis Smith, he should do well in NY. Some other good pieces for them, too.

The other two Mavs are just expiring contracts. Dallas is trying to get another 1st round pick to include in the deal. Their one this year goes to Atlanta.

8 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

You aint wrong. The organization is terribly run. The fanbase is also delusional. Bad mix. Porzingis was never as good as everyone thought he was in NY and was never netting back anything significant. Being big and smooth doesnt compensate for bad shooting and poor rebounding. The league saw this, the Knicks fans never did.

The Knicks front office is also woefully incompetent and is being run by the same guy who oversaw the Eddy Curry trade. Phil wanted to deal KP like two years ago because he was already a pain in the neck without the cache to back it up. Dennis Smith is a shoot first point guard who cant shoot. 

I'm so far removed from basketball, but I don't remember anything enjoyable about the Knicks since that Linsanity month, and that feels like a really long time ago now.  I remember that Knicks/Lakers game was on during a date I was on, and I'm now married (not to that girl) with a 3-year-old and expecting my 2nd kid in a few weeks.  So, the last time I remember anything enjoyable about the Knicks had to be like 7-8 years ago.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

21 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

He demanded a trade early in the day. Was very concerned with the team’s direction.

Nah, the lowlife Knicks leaked that stuff to make KP look like the aggressor. You're telling me he demanded a trade and an hour later the Knicks finalized one? That's smoke.

15 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

I was all for trading KP. I just don't believe a guy with his height who relies on agility and quickness can recover from an ACL. I would have loved AD, but the Pels weren't going to give him up for a big guy coming off an ACL and only a 14% shot at Zion. Not enough.

Luka and KP is gonna be crazy to watch.

3 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

It's pretty simple -- they've pushed all of their chips in on 2019 Free Agency. For this to work they basically need to sign Durant and Kyrie.

When they sign Kemba Walker and Khris Middleton, I might abandon this franchise forever.

Lol good thing I’m a Portland Trail Blazer fan and I don’t have to deal with the ineptitude of the NY Knicks. Nope, only have enough patience for the Jets.

24 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

I'm so far removed from basketball, but I don't remember anything enjoyable about the Knicks since that Linsanity month, and that feels like a really long time ago now.  I remember that Knicks/Lakers game was on during a date I was on, and I'm now married (not to that girl) with a 3-year-old and expecting my 2nd kid in a few weeks.  So, the last time I remember anything enjoyable about the Knicks had to be like 7-8 years ago.

Ha.  I worked for them from 1996-2006 and 2011-2012.  They literally did not make the playoffs the entire time I was in Italy and have done even worse since I moved to DC.   I wore my ID on this for a year:

FF_816719_xl.jpg&w=900

• Upvote 1

Just now, #27TheDominator said:

Ha.  I worked for them from 1996-2006 and 2011-2012.  They literally did not make the playoffs the entire time I was in Italy and have done even worse since I moved to DC.   I wore my ID on this for a year:

FF_816719_xl.jpg&w=900

What do you do?

41 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Phil wanted to trade Porzingis a year ago for either Kyrie Irving or Tatum and a first round pick which would have been a top draft choice

Phil got absolutely annihilated for even trying it

15 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

It's pretty simple -- they've pushed all of their chips in on 2019 Free Agency. For this to work they basically need to sign Durant and Kyrie.

When they sign Kemba Walker and Khris Middleton, I might abandon this franchise forever.

I don’t know if they need Kyrie or Kemba necessarily.  Smith Jr is an up and coming PG

What the Knicks need is for Alan Silver to wake up and realize hoarding all his league’s superstars in the Southwest and west is killing his tv ratings (down 26%)

Rig the draft in the Knicks favor for friggin once and get us Zion or at least RJ

• Upvote 1

Just now, Philc1 said:

I don’t know if they need Kyrie or Kemba necessarily.  Smith Jr is an up and coming PG

What the Knicks need is for Alan Silver to wake up and realize hoarding all his league’s superstars in the Southwest and west is killing his tv ratings (down 26%)

Rig the draft in the Knicks favor for friggin once and get us Zion or at least RJ

I'm sure he knows.  Silver goes to more Knicks games than any other franchise. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

don’t know if they need Kyrie or Kemba necessarily.  Smith Jr is an up and coming PG

They need Kyrie if Dennis doesn’t show out for the rest of the season. Evaluate him and make a decision. I feel like the Knicks need more of a playmaker at PG. someone who doesn’t have the ball in his hands to make a difference.

41 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

You haven't missed much. Basically the Knicks had two real assets worth anything, and they just traded one for the guy that they passed on for a another dude that they're about to cut or trade for ten cents on the dollar. And the dude they're getting isn't very good either.

If they were going to move Porzingis it should have been for picks. I can't believe they went this way with it. Actually scratch that, I can absolutely believe they went this way with it.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

They need Kyrie if Dennis doesn’t show out for the rest of the season. Evaluate him and make a decision. I feel like the Knicks need more of a playmaker at PG. someone who doesn’t have the ball in his hands to make a difference.

I have no problem with Smith Jr offensively problem is he’s a turnstile on defense

2 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

You haven't missed much. Basically the Knicks had two real assets worth anything, and they just traded one for the guy that they passed on for a another dude that they're about to cut or trade for ten cents on the dollar. And the dude they're getting isn't very good either.

If they were going to move Porzingis it should have been for picks. I can't believe they went this way with it. Actually scratch that, I can absolutely believe they went this way with it.

I would have called KP’s bluff and waited for the summer and let free agency and the draft play out

If by some freakin miracle the Knicks got Zion that would have changed KP’s mind immediately 

55 minutes ago, BallinPB said:

I think it was a good trade.  KP hasn't shown he can stay healthy and they clear up cap space for next year where they can sign two max contracts.  Also, they get a future 1st along with a high draft pick in the upcoming draft.  They can turn this around very quickly.  

Hardaway and Lee’s contracts were killers

I see your point it’s not a horrible trade I would have waited til the summer.

Who knows, maybe Kevin Durant isn’t a giant p-ssy and wants to try to win in NY

• Upvote 2