Kristaps Porzingas traded to Dallas Mavericks

2 hours ago, TeddEY said:

I'm so far removed from basketball, but I don't remember anything enjoyable about the Knicks since that Linsanity month, and that feels like a really long time ago now.  I remember that Knicks/Lakers game was on during a date I was on, and I'm now married (not to that girl) with a 3-year-old and expecting my 2nd kid in a few weeks.  So, the last time I remember anything enjoyable about the Knicks had to be like 7-8 years ago.

Heh. I was mowing my lawns and tracking the game on my phone texting my buddy who is a Lakers fan, giving him sh*t as to how Jeremy Lin was ripping his boys a new one.

Good times.

:(

• Upvote 1

It was a really stupid trade anyway you slice it. 

Knowing the Knicks KP and his brother probably insulted Dolan which led to his unceremonious departure. We all know how thin skinned Jimmy can be. 

Why trade a 23yr old with the potential of KP while his trade value is low? The Mavs probably think they just acquired the heir apparent to Dirk Novitzki for two expiring contracts and a backup PG.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

5 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

They need Kyrie if Dennis doesn’t show out for the rest of the season. Evaluate him and make a decision. I feel like the Knicks need more of a playmaker at PG. someone who doesn’t have the ball in his hands to make a difference.

LOL. They need EVERYTHING!!! but this year doesn't matter, Enes Kantner is their best offensive option now, and they won't even let him on the floor. They're not even trying to compete.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, greenwichjetfan said:

Luka and KP is gonna be crazy to watch.

Who exactly are they going to play with? Tim Hardaway Jr.?  They now have no #1 draft pick this year, {Hawks}  2020. and 2022 traded to the Knicks. Remember when Isiah did that to us?  It wasn't pretty.  This could be a similar situation for them.  Porzingas  didn't want to be here, the Knicks didn't have as much leverage as they should have, because of the injury/history, and Dennis Smith Jr. is 21.  Knox is 19, Trier is a player, six #1 draft picks in the next four drafts, Nitlikina is 20, Mudiay is 22, Mitchell Robinson is 20.  There are pieces there and draft picks.  It's better than it looks.

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

Who exactly are they going to play with? Tim Hardaway Jr.?  They now have no #1 draft pick this year, {Hawks}  2020. and 2022 traded to the Knicks. Remember when Isiah did that to us?  It wasn't pretty.  This could be a similar situation for them.  Porzingas  didn't want to be here, the Knicks didn't have as much leverage as they should have, because of the injury/history, and Dennis Smith Jr. is 21.  Knox is 19, Trier is a player, six #1 draft picks in the next four drafts, Nitlikina is 20, Mudiay is 22, Mitchell Robinson is 20.  There are pieces there and draft picks.  It's better than it looks.

The Knicks aren’t getting anyone. Everyone in the league knows how much of a joke the organization is. That’s why Porzingis wanted out. Smith and Ntilikina suck and who the hell knows what will happen with Knox. Who knows what the picks will be worth but it's hard to believe Cuban will stand for Dallas continuing to be a lottery team. Everything is bad as usual and this trade sucks. The Knicks have done one thing right this decade and they just unloaded him for a salary dump. The Knicks deserve absolutely no benefit of the doubt when it comes to anything all of the time, and quite frankly the whole thing reeks of Dolan being butthurt and just demanding he be shown the door immediately.

The good news is at least they cleared enough salary to hire the best PR people in the world to spin not getting anyone in free agency. Can't wait to see what two mediocre dudes they give max deals to and then claim it was their plan all along.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 2
  • Post of the Week 1

4 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

The Knicks aren’t getting anyone. Everyone in the league knows how much of a joke the organization is. That’s why Porzingis wanted out. Smith and Ntilikina suck and who the hell knows what will happen with Knox. Who knows what the picks will be worth but it's hard to believe Cuban will stand for Dallas continuing to be a lottery team. Everything is bad as usual and this trade sucks. The Knicks have done one thing right this decade and they just unloaded him for a salary dump. The Knicks deserve absolutely no benefit of the doubt when it comes to anything all of the time, and quite frankly the whole thing reeks of Dolan being butthurt and just demanding he be shown the door immediately.

The good news is at least they cleared enough salary to hire the best PR people in the world to spin not getting anyone in free agency. Can't wait to see what two mediocre dudes they give max deals to and then claim it was their plan all along.

Wow could your butt hurt any more geez... You sound like every Twitter mouth piece out there... They got rid of two bad contracts without giving up future assets, got smith Jr with team control for 2 years at 10 mil and 2 1st rounders... Where is the downside? 

KP was going to sign the qualifying offer to be a free agent so he wasn't going to be worth anything... Hence why the pelicans wouldn't give up AD for him... 

The pessimism is understandable but the downside for Dallas is much higher... They just took 2 bad contracts, DSJ and 2 first rounders for a 1 year rental... When they are in no shape to compete. 

KP and Donic will be fun to watch but that's where this ends. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

I wish I cared but I dont.  The Knicks are a joke.  They're worse than the Mets and the Jets combined.   KP didnt make the Knicks good or better for that matter and he really doesnt push the needle for a team like the Knicks.  Who cares?  They're terrible and this ultimately doesnt matter.

5 hours ago, Skeptable said:

Wow could your butt hurt any more geez... You sound like every Twitter mouth piece out there... They got rid of two bad contracts without giving up future assets, got smith Jr with team control for 2 years at 10 mil and 2 1st rounders... Where is the downside?

Wow. THE Dennis Smith Jr. For TWO years??

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

I get it. 1973 was a looong time ago.  And the Rockets series still hurts.  As do the memories of the Pacers, Heat, and those Rancid Bulls.  That being said,  I think Durant is going to come.  Everyone can't go to L.A. can they?  If he doesn't, someone will come.  The draft picks will assure that we won't suck for that much longer.  Nitlikina is maddening.  I don't understand it, Maybe he's Shumpert.  I hope he's Ariza.  We'll see.  I think Dennis Smith Junior will be o.k. He's only 21, athletic, and talented. Needs to cut down on his turnovers, and improve his shot.  I'm no longer so enamored with Fizdale.  I originally  wanted Budenholzer, but thought Fizdale was a good hire.  Don't quite understand his "rotations".  Inconsistent and sometimes nonsensical .Also, where is the defense?  That is what  bothers me the most.   Like the development of some of the players, we'll see.  Don't buy the tanking thing.  I don't think they mind losing, but they don't lose on purpose.  Dolan is an a$$hole, but he's not going anywhere, and if he doesn't shove the next Carmelo Anthony down our throats, it will be on Scott Perry, and Steve "what does he have on Dolan" Mills.  On Porzingas, I absolutely loved the guy, but he has turned out to be a petulant, churlish, panzie who thinks he has accomplished "Superstar Status" he has not earned. He talks like a "leader", but he surely is not.  I didn't buy too much into the "injury prone" mantra, but maybe there is something to it.  I don't blame the Knicks for the breakdown of the relationship, as much as I blame Porzingas, and Phil Jackson.  As for "the genius" Cuban, the Mavs have been bad for quite a while now, and they haven't gotten it straightened out.  Cuban recruited DeAndre Jordan, shows you what he knows as a basketball "expert".  Now with the trading of all their draft picks for the foreseeable future, I think that Porzingas, if he stays there, will see about the "grass always being greener".  Doncic is very impressive, that's not enough.  Gotta hang in there, what choice do we have?  The Nets?  No Thanks.

• Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

I get it. 1973 was a looong time ago.  And the Rockets series still hurts.  As do the memories of the Pacers, Heat, and those Rancid Bulls.  That being said,  I think Durant is going to come.  Everyone can't go to L.A. can they?  If he doesn't, someone will come.  The draft picks will assure that we won't suck for that much longer.  Nitlikina is maddening.  I don't understand it, Maybe he's Shumpert.  I hope he's Ariza.  We'll see.  I think Dennis Smith Junior will be o.k. He's only 21, athletic, and talented. Needs to cut down on his turnovers, and improve his shot.  I'm no longer so enamored with Fizdale.  I originally  wanted Budenholzer, but thought Fizdale was a good hire.  Don't quite understand his "rotations".  Inconsistent and sometimes nonsensical .Also, where is the defense?  That is what  bothers me the most.   Like the development of some of the players, we'll see.  Don't buy the tanking thing.  I don't think they mind losing, but they don't lose on purpose.  Dolan is an a$$hole, but he's not going anywhere, and if he doesn't shove the next Carmelo Anthony down our throats, it will be on Scott Perry, and Steve "what does he have on Dolan" Mills.  On Porzingas, I absolutely loved the guy, but he has turned out to be a petulant, churlish, panzie who thinks he has accomplished "Superstar Status" he has not earned. He talks like a "leader", but he surely is not.  I didn't buy too much into the "injury prone" mantra, but maybe there is something to it.  I don't blame the Knicks for the breakdown of the relationship, as much as I blame Porzingas, and Phil Jackson.  As for "the genius" Cuban, the Mavs have been bad for quite a while now, and they haven't gotten it straightened out.  Cuban recruited DeAndre Jordan, shows you what he knows as a basketball "expert".  Now with the trading of all their draft picks for the foreseeable future, I think that Porzingas, if he stays there, will see about the "grass always being greener".  Doncic is very impressive, that's not enough.  Gotta hang in there, what choice do we have?  The Nets?  No Thanks.

Porzingis left for the same reason that nobody else ever wants to come here, MSG and Dolan. He's smart for getting out when he did. Durant isn't coming to this mess and neither is Kyrie. There's a reason why every single free agency period where they have promised fans this exact thing has failed miserably.

There is no hanging in there, so long as Dolan owns the team this is how it is. If you've followed the last 20 years of the Knicks there is no reason to ever be optimistic about anything and actually asking people to give anyone in the organization the benefit of the doubt, I mean come on.

• Sympathy 1

11 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Porzingis left for the same reason that nobody else ever wants to come here, MSG and Dolan. He's smart for getting out when he did. Durant isn't coming to this mess and neither is Kyrie. There's a reason why every single free agency period where they have promised fans this exact thing has failed miserably.

There is no hanging in there, so long as Dolan owns the team this is how it is. If you've followed the last 20 years of the Knicks there is no reason to ever be optimistic about anything and actually asking people to give anyone in the organization the benefit of the doubt, I mean come on.

Twenty is a drop in the bucket.  50+ and counting.  Porzingas left because he felt that they should just throw "Max money" at him because he's just so "special".  They floated it out there that they were going to make him prove it.  He didn't like that.  That and the friction held over from the Jackson tenure fractured the relationship further.  I think he's kind of soft, personally.  As far as Durant and Kyrie goes, the "Lebron factor" isn't going to be what it was in the past. Golden State will also be less of a magnet.  The worm will turn, in spite of Dolan.  Time will tell.

31 minutes ago, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

Twenty is a drop in the bucket.  50+ and counting.  Porzingas left because he felt that they should just throw "Max money" at him because he's just so "special".  They floated it out there that they were going to make him prove it.  He didn't like that.  That and the friction held over from the Jackson tenure fractured the relationship further.  I think he's kind of soft, personally.  As far as Durant and Kyrie goes, the "Lebron factor" isn't going to be what it was in the past. Golden State will also be less of a magnet.  The worm will turn, in spite of Dolan.  Time will tell.

Time has told.

36 minutes ago, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

I dont think Porzingis was anything near a max money player but I also think every marquee player looks at the Knicks as a joke. It wouldnt halfway shock me to see Zion flat out say he wont play in NY. 

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

In addition to DSJ and cap room Knicks also got two future unprotected first round picks

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Matt39 said:

I dont think Porzingis was anything near a max money player but I also think every marquee player looks at the Knicks as a joke. It wouldnt halfway shock me to see Zion flat out say he wont play in NY. 

That would be knick-like if we finally got the draft rigged in our favor and Zion decided to sit out

RJs dad is from New York and he’s a Knicks fan

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

The Knicks didn't either, nor do I at this point in his career, for sure.  As for Zion, I don't think we get him, the "lottery" never seems to go our way.  We're guaranteed to go top four or five anyway so it'll be a good pick.  If they did pick Zion,  {Barrett is supposed to have just as much if not more potential, although he and Smith Jr. are redundant}, I think he would be here in a heartbeat, not that draft picks have much of a choice anyway.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

That would be knick-like if we finally got the draft rigged in our favor and Zion decided to sit out

RJs dad is from New York and he’s a Knicks fan

Zion said all the right things during Duke's visit to the Garden this season. Talked about the Garden still being "The Mecca" and how much he'd enjoy playing here for the Knicks and the city. We're due for a break with that frigging lottery. I have a feeling we're going to end up with him.

• Sympathy 1

20 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Whatever I hope Knick fans boo your sorry overrated ass next time you go to the Garden...unless you’re injured again 

5F5E86D5-1AAE-4203-98D4-ECE58855799E.jpeg

What is the point in these soft, puny "divas" doing "THIS" every time, on their way out of town.  Does he really think we give a sh*t anymore, and somehow, he won't get booed every time he plays here?  Must not be too bright either.

• Thumb Down 1

OK - so the pissing match between Mills/Pery and the Porzing brothers made this trade inevitable, but I am still ticked off. . Why? Because the taint of Dolan and the people who are willing to work for him, and stroke his manhood without question makes them a disfunctional on a par with the DC Foreskins, Clev Browns, et. al.  IT SHOULD HAVE NEVER GOTTEN TO THIS POINT.

What other franchise, time after time, alienates its best players, or demeans them once they're out the door? I read in the last couple of days that the Knucks haven't signed a drafted player to a second contract in 24 years! They either can't wait for them to mature into something useful (Trevor Arizza, one example),  get short term cheap (Jeremy Linn), or display their front office acumen by trading everything young with potential for the shiny object (see Melo.) In this case, Porzingis got four coaches in four years, a churning roster of teammates, and no end to the losing in reasonable sight. No wonder he had his doubts - and for expressing them, got exiled. 

I've been a Knick fan for a looooonng time. As a teen, I got to see the Knick playoff games in the '71 and '72 runs (sandwiched between the two championships,) and weathered the ups and downs knowing that consistent competitiveness and dynasties are a rare thing. (Hats off to teams like the Spurs.) We have a reverse dynasty going - anarchy? - with Dolan and Mills, his mouthpiece (the NBA front office analog of the Browns' Stu Jackson.) I am tired of watching painfully boring basketball, especially the matador defense.

I wonder what free agent (or scout, or front office exec, for that matter) is going to want to come here, knowing what an irrational, reactionary front office clique runs this team, lurching from one extreme to another? The last time I felt some hope was when Donnie Walsh was running the show - but once Dolan interfered with him getting Melo (rather than waiting to get him for nothing as a summer FA,) he walked. Who wants to come here unless they have nowhere else to go, or are just in it for the $$?

The point I'm long windedly truing to make is that the trade had to be done because the team brass once again alienated a good player and made him want to run for the exits - because the only apparent, consistent feature of this franchise is its anarchy - churning through players and coaches alike, year after year after year. They had to get something of value - something. No doubt they'll draft some overachieving circus midgets from Borneo with those first rounders, and sign some chronically injured overweight or overage benchwarmers when top tier FA's figure out this isn't a stop they want to make unless they can end their career here with a pot full of guaranteed money.

If I were one of the top tier FA's, I'd go to the Nets if I wanted to be in NYC. Sad but true IMHO.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1