OT: Knicks trade Porzingis to Dallas

WayneChrebet80

48 minutes ago, WayneChrebet80 said:

The Knicks make the Jets look like a model organization

Yup...no more crying from Jet fans.

The Knicks have a troll owner that has his own “blues” band, who not only can’t make the playoffs in a league where 1/2 the teams do but have his team scrape the bottom of the barrel for most of the last 45 years, not all on his watch ....the “City Game”...way more exciting b ball played in school yards all over NY than Madison Sq Garden.

The NBA better rig the ping pong balls like they probably did for Ewing again.  What an embarrassment.  Your NY franchise isn’t much better than the minor leagues of basketball.

Not sure why you guys are ripping this trade. I’m a fan of porzingis but he didn’t wanna be here. He was a malcontent and coming off a major injury. We got a hell of a return as well. Lottery pick from last year and upwards of 70+ million dollars in cap space. While I’ll miss you zinger, you didn’t wanna be here and we got a good return. Oh yeah, TWOOOO future first round picks as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6 minutes ago, NYallDay said:

Not sure why you guys are ripping this trade. I’m a fan of porzingis but he didn’t wanna be here. He was a malcontent and coming off a major injury. We got a hell of a return as well. Lottery pick from last year and upwards of 70+ million dollars in cap space. While I’ll miss you zinger, you didn’t wanna be here and we got a good return. Oh yeah, TWOOOO future first round picks as well

Because instead of trying to build around your all star power forward you trade him for draft picks, in a league where those draft picks are essentially meaningless after the 10th pick.

And can you blame KP for wanting to leave. They haven't brought in anyone to help him. The Knicks are a dumpster fire. They are the Cleveland browns of the NBA

13 minutes ago, NYallDay said:

Probably because management, starting with Phil Jackson and extending to Steve Mills, seemed to go out of their way to alienate the only above average talent on the roster.

9 minutes ago, Aussie Jet said:

Probably because management, starting with Phil Jackson and extending to Steve Mills, seemed to go out of their way to alienate the only above average talent on the roster.

22 minutes ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

Because instead of trying to build around your all star power forward you trade him for draft picks, in a league where those draft picks are essentially meaningless after the 10th pick.

And can you blame KP for wanting to leave. They haven't brought in anyone to help him. The Knicks are a dumpster fire. They are the Cleveland browns of the NBA

So let me get this straight. Porzingis, who yes is a very good talent, who has never played a full 82 games, coming off major injury, who threw Fizdale under the bus earlier this year, you guys want. Got it. While my outlook is for the future and yes, based on "potentials", but could be a monster, just next year. $70+ million dollars in cap space (before you say wahhh but what happened last time wahhhh) we never had room for 2 max slots, didn't have a top draft pick, didn't have FOUR YOUNGGGGG LOTTERY PICKS ON OUR TEAM all with good potential (mudiay and frank are still to be determined as good, but not worse than average at what they do, not saying complete players, but very young still) and a coach that while he may not get along with Kanter, Kanter knew all too well he wasn't a part of the future and while I like him as a player, needs to stop this whole why me act. He knows why hes not playing, his defense sucks worse than Bowles on 3rd down and long. bottom line is, you can not approve of the trade and thats your right, I choose to look at it optimistically and think better days are in the NEAR future for the Knicks because of this move

4 minutes ago, NYallDay said:

So let me get this straight. Porzingis, who yes is a very good talent, who has never played a full 82 games, coming off major injury, who threw Fizdale under the bus earlier this year, you guys want. Got it. While my outlook is for the future and yes, based on "potentials", but could be a monster, just next year. $70+ million dollars in cap space (before you say wahhh but what happened last time wahhhh) we never had room for 2 max slots, didn't have a top draft pick, didn't have FOUR YOUNGGGGG LOTTERY PICKS ON OUR TEAM all with good potential (mudiay and frank are still to be determined as good, but not worse than average at what they do, not saying complete players, but very young still) and a coach that while he may not get along with Kanter, Kanter knew all too well he wasn't a part of the future and while I like him as a player, needs to stop this whole why me act. He knows why hes not playing, his defense sucks worse than Bowles on 3rd down and long. bottom line is, you can not approve of the trade and thats your right, I choose to look at it optimistically and think better days are in the NEAR future for the Knicks because of this move

The unicorn, Porzeesus, Porzingod. The kid is a freak athlete. 7'3 and draining 3's. All star forward who is only 23. We traded him so we could have cap space to be players in free agency. He should have been a building block for the future.

But the only way they could get rid of Lee and hardaways contracts was to add in KP. I understand we can now sign 2 max contract players. But if we fail to do so this trade is an epic fail. 

I think it would have been easier to attract another all star player to come to the Knicks when you already have one. Now we have nothing.

I really hope we land zion but it's unlikely. the ping pong ball never fly's our way. 

1 hour ago, NYallDay said:

The two 1st rounders are for 2021 and 2023 and are protected. The great lottery pick had been benched lately and was being shopped around the league. Mind boggling bad value for the Knicks.

7 minutes ago, Mackman55 said:

The two 1st rounders are for 2021 and 2023 and are protected. The great lottery pick had been benched lately and was being shopped around the league. Mind boggling bad value for the Knicks.

2021 is unprotected

I said great? Interesting, don’t see that? And the first is unprotected just dependent on the year either 2021 or 2022 the second one is lottery protected

1 minute ago, NYallDay said:

I said great? Interesting, don’t see that? And the first is unprotected just dependent on the year either 2021 or 2022 the second one is lottery protected

Thanks for the update as the first reports had both unprotected. Still terrible value for both Porzingis and Hardaway. Dallas could have a competitive team by then making these picks of little value.

Thanks for the update as the first reports had both unprotected. Still terrible value for both Porzingis and Hardaway. Dallas could have a competitive team by then making these picks of little value.

The value is not only in the picks. We got a lottery pick pg with a high upside and +70 mill in cap space. If the cap space is spent correctly, we won the trade regardless. If he wins a chip in Dallas so be it, if we spend correctly. If we don’t however, then awful value

1 hour ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

Just when I think the Knicks might be headed in the right direction after having a nice draft last year, they go and do this...

But now the Knicks can sign 2 max free agents. Great! But Why would they come here? They better land Zion. But with our luck we won't

Stern and Silver ain’t doing the Knicks any favors.  They will be picking 4th

19 minutes ago, NYallDay said:

The value is not only in the picks. We got a lottery pick pg with a high upside and +70 mill in cap space. If the cap space is spent correctly, we won the trade regardless. If he wins a chip in Dallas so be it, if we spend correctly. If we don’t however, then awful value

Weird how the jets and Knicks have identical rebuilding plans this offseason but the Knicks get killed for doing the exact same thing the jets are doing

I think the problem with tanking - after reviewing my own mental state (see avatar) - is watching a football team tank is painful 16 minus 1-3 wins/weeks per season. Watching a basketball team tank is painful 60+ times in a season. That's a four to five-fold increase in frustration.

While I could watch a Jets game, or part of one, watching the Knicks this year is just brutal, painful, etc. I have not been able to watch a single game from start to finish. Boring, stupid, you name it. That's not to knock the kids: they are (usually) trying. I like Trier, Robinson, Dotson, Vonleh, among others, but the process is just too agonizing. 

7 hours ago, Bungaman said:

I think the problem with tanking - after reviewing my own mental state (see avatar) - is watching a football team tank is painful 16 minus 1-3 wins/weeks per season. Watching a basketball team tank is painful 60+ times in a season. That's a four to five-fold increase in frustration.

While I could watch a Jets game, or part of one, watching the Knicks this year is just brutal, painful, etc. I have not been able to watch a single game from start to finish. Boring, stupid, you name it. That's not to knock the kids: they are (usually) trying. I like Trier, Robinson, Dotson, Vonleh, among others, but the process is just too agonizing. 

The problem  with not tanking is you end being the Buffalo Bills and missing the playoffs for 17 years while always going 6-10

Archived