joewilly12

MetLife Stadium stinks and the latest Super Bowl venues will make it look even worse

16 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

(Those union costs get applied at the nice buildings, too) 

There’s no doubt that unions make it more expensive to build these things, but blaming unions because MetLife is terrible without blaming the billionaires who mismanaged the project years before the first shovel hit the dirt is dumb.

My wife has spent the last 15 years managing large class A commercial real estate buildings in NYC. So I’ve had a front row seat watching her manage dozens and dozens of constructions projects. 

I’m not putting the entire blame on unions but project cost overruns bc of unions are absolutely a part of the problem in our city. 

• Upvote 3
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

(Those union costs get applied at the nice buildings, too) 

There’s no doubt that unions make it more expensive to build these things, but blaming unions because MetLife is terrible without blaming the billionaires who mismanaged the project years before the first shovel hit the dirt is dumb.

Agree Woody and the Giants owners are cheap they cheaped out on the stadium.........

But still charge you $11 a beer go figure. 

7 minutes ago, KINGDIRK said:

My wife has spent the last 15 years managing large class A commercial real estate buildings in NYC. So I’ve had a front row seat watching her manage dozens and dozens of constructions projects. 

I’m not putting the entire blame on unions but project cost overruns bc of unions are absolutely a part of the problem in our city. 

We agree on this.

1 hour ago, JetPotato said:

At least it's in a swamp land next to Xanadu.

The West Side Stadium was attainable, and it would have been absolutely incredible. The political corruption around it could have been easily managed and exposed. Those people are dumb as hell, but still proved to totally outmatch Woody. Again exhibiting how incompetence is inherent in those who have had their entire lives handed to them.

It blows my mind when people say there are worse owners than the Johnsons. The evidence doesn't match that narrative.

In his defense he had both Bloomberg and Pataki on board with the plan. Dolan tried to pull a fast one by outbidding Woody for the site, but Pataki blocked him. 

At the end of the day the majority of manhattan residents opposed both the stadium and olympics. It was the right call.

“You walk into (MetLife) Stadium and have no idea the Jets/Giants play there,” a fan named Jason Abrams wrote on Twitter. “No promotion of team history, iconic players in the franchise, etc."

Personally, that was the way to go rather than mix both teams history throughout the stadium with the Giants trumping the Jets.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

The stadium gives you no NY Jets home field advantage feel its like you are walking into a large warehouse compared to other NFL stadiums. 

19 hours ago, johnnyjet said:

I blame the corrupt politicians of NYC and James Dolan. 

I agree with this 100%

However as someone who was working on the WSS project behind the scenes I can tell you that the Jets were totally inept and let their arrogance derail what would have been one of the finest stadiums in the world!

It is one of the reasons why I have continued to say that the Jets to often don’t have a plan. 

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

The stadium gives you no NY Jets home field advantage feel its like you are walking into a large warehouse compared to other NFL stadiums. 
Remember when Giants stadium didn't give home field advantage either? Not going to repeat the obvious. NJ Jets.

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Wow so what if, and hear me out here, there was some apparatus whereby wages paid to non-millionaires were collectively bargained so that those non-millionaires could continue to share in the vast wealth of the New York Metro area instead of having to flee to poverty-stricken leper colony Hoovervilles in the deep south where none of those worker protections exist, per-capita poverty is the highest in the country, and the quality of schools and infrastructure suffers because of the ensuing minimal tax revenues . I don’t know it’s just an #idea

Whatever, just keep lauding the policies that are putting NY in a deeper hole every year. Higher taxes require higher pay, higher pay results in higher property values, which means higher property taxes, higher salaries results in higher pensions, higher pensions increase taxes, pensioners leave NY as soon as they retire & bring their pension with them to Florida, SC, NC & Arizona. Soon you'll be able to help pay for free health care for everyone EXCEPT the middle class who fund free healthcare with huge premiums & high deductibles, good luck with that, end of rant, no more discussion, end of replies for me. I actual have an economics degree, so take your smarmy, I'm smarter than everyone act to another thread regarding actual football talk.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Jetster said:

Whatever, just keep lauding the policies that are putting NY in a deeper hole every year. Higher taxes require higher pay, higher pay results in higher property values, which means higher property taxes, higher salaries results in higher pensions, higher pensions increase taxes, pensioners leave NY as soon as they retire & bring their pension with them to Florida, SC, NC & Arizona. Soon you'll be able to help pay for free health care for everyone EXCEPT the middle class who fund free healthcare with huge premiums & high deductibles, good luck with that, end of rant, no more discussion, end of replies for me. I actual have an economics degree, so take your smarmy, I'm smarter than everyone act to another thread regarding actual football talk.

I actually invented economics, both macro-and micro-, so you go to the football threads.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Wow so what if, and hear me out here, there was some apparatus whereby wages paid to non-millionaires were collectively bargained so that those non-millionaires could continue to share in the vast wealth of the New York Metro area instead of having to flee to poverty-stricken leper colony Hoovervilles in the deep south where none of those worker protections exist, per-capita poverty is the highest in the country, and the quality of schools and infrastructure suffers because of the ensuing minimal tax revenues . I don’t know it’s just an #idea

Infrastructure? Infrastructure in New York? Anyone who has tried to cross the GWB without breaking a tie rod is lucky, lol. NC has some of the best infrastructure in the country, New York is LITERALLY falling apart at the seams. 

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Infrastructure? Infrastructure in New York? Anyone who has tried to cross the GWB without breaking a tie rod is lucky, lol. NC has some of the best infrastructure in the country, New York is LITERALLY falling apart at the seams. 

You wouldn’t happen to have come to this conclusion after stumbling upon a “documentary” about New York featuring Kurt Russell wearing an eye patch, would you? 

• Haha 3

It has parking, seats, beer, hot dogs and urinals.

And it doesn't say "GIANTS" on top.  

I love it!

Also has sweet luxury options if ya want.

Should they plant fresh flowers weekly?

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

You wouldn’t happen to have come to this conclusion after stumbling upon a “documentary” about New York featuring Kurt Russell wearing an eye patch, would you? 

When is the last time you actually drove in NY? I drive through it all the time, nothing but holes, bumps, and crap in the road. Water main breaks everywhere, hasty patch jobs, bridges falling apart, they finally replaced the Tapanzee. 

15 hours ago, The Crimson King said:

What makes Met Life worse is the pricing, especially for decent seats. That is endemic of modern times

I for one will go to my end missing Shea and the way it was but as George said, "All things must pass"... * Like a Kidney Stone *

* fixed ^ ^ 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Jetmech said:

Remember when Giants stadium didn't give home field advantage either? Not going to repeat the obvious. NJ Jets.

Yes I remember we had the chance to do things right for the fans and we blew it..........................

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

They should have built a state of the art relatively smaller (70k seats not 95k) dome stadium or at least one with a retractable dome. Put the luxury boxes higher up than normal (fake corporate fans) and pack tons of seats on the field level and 200 sections. Have a glass window that shows a view of the NYC skyline. 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

29 minutes ago, KINGDIRK said:

They should have built a state of the art relatively smaller (70k seats not 95k) dome stadium or at least one with a retractable dome. Put the luxury boxes higher up than normal (fake corporate fans) and pack tons of seats on the field level and 200 sections. Have a glass window that shows a view of the NYC skyline. 

Endless possibilities there that could have been the best in the NFL. 

4 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Its amusing that for such an obviously smart person, everything you know about places outside the Wonderful, utopian North East comes from Snuffy Smith and Li'l Abner....

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

The Jets have to get back to Queens. I think their in the lease until 2025. Right now they play in a alluminum can.

6 hours ago, Jetster said:

Could you imagine if the Jets had built that beautiful Westside Stadium & then we drafted Sam Darnold? I loved the design of that place. Seeing New York Jets lit up & the neon green all the way around. How cool would that have looked next year on Monday Night Football, with the camera sweeping over the Hudson & down to that stadium glowing in green with Sam & Bell donning their new uniforms, the Jet chant echoing through the TV speakers as viewers outside of NY watch in awe? Oh well, back to the giant Air Conditioner in the swamps of Jersey.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Jetster said:

When is the last time you actually drove in NY? I drive through it all the time, nothing but holes, bumps, and crap in the road. Water main breaks everywhere, hasty patch jobs, bridges falling apart, they finally replaced the Tapanzee. 

I like that you refer to it as the "Tappan Zee" bridge.  You, sir, are an honorable man.  Another noble heritage recognition coopted by megalomaniacal  corrupt politicians. 

58 minutes ago, Jojo's jets said:

Maybe one way to get the Jets back to NYC? All Queens & long island residents stop going to the games. 

Great strategy,  that'll certainly work.  And maybe we can write a strongly worded letter to boot.

How  woody or the Giants could have ever allowed that stadium to be designed or built without a roof is beyond belief. teams are competing for customers entertainment dollars and not sure how many people enjoy sitting for 3 plus hours in late November with that wind, cold  and possible rain, especially with our recent records   I know it's football but it surely has not provided us with any home field advantage.   Fans would be more likely to attend these games regardless of weather with a dome plus all the additional revenue streams this stadium should have been able to provide.  Poor planning by jets, Giants  and state of NJ for even allowing this to occur.  

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Jetster said:

This reads like one of those “I forced a bot” memes, but instead of making it watch a thousand hours of Olive Garden commercials or whatever, they just made it travel the country talking to every family’s dumbest uncle

• Post of the Week 1

We all know this but here's the thing.....

Just win games and nobody will care. 

• Upvote 1

Funny thing about all this crap stadium shizzz is I have never heard a Steelers or Patriots fan complain about roofs or cold or food or whatevs.

• Upvote 1

On 2/1/2019 at 4:38 PM, joewilly12 said:

I've said this for years 2 NFL teams 20 home games a season counting pre-season and this is the best they could do?  

MetLife should have been the TAJ-MAHAL MECCA of stadiums in the NFL. 

This 

Metlife is ******* gross 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Jetpain said:

How  woody or the Giants could have ever allowed that stadium to be designed or built without a roof is beyond belief. teams are competing for customers entertainment dollars and not sure how many people enjoy sitting for 3 plus hours in late November with that wind, cold  and possible rain, especially with our recent records   I know it's football but it surely has not provided us with any home field advantage.   Fans would be more likely to attend these games regardless of weather with a dome plus all the additional revenue streams this stadium should have been able to provide.  Poor planning by jets, Giants  and state of NJ for even allowing this to occur.  

Cheap POS billionaires that could care less about having one of the worst stadiums in the league. 

2 hours ago, Kleckineau said:

Funny thing about all this crap stadium shizzz is I have never heard a Steelers or Patriots fan complain about roofs or cold or food or whatevs.

Gillette Stadium and Heinz field are way better than MetLife and when you WIN no one cares about the weather. 

Ugliest stadium ever and poorly designed.  Also one of the worst marketing jobs ever. 

However the Jets have played in NJ for 35 years now which is over half of their existence.   It’s time for people to get over it.  The Jets aren’t going to NY especially after they moved their training facility to NJ.  It’s time to take the NY logo they use and change the Y to a J.  

2 minutes ago, Lot K Tailgaters said:

Ugliest stadium ever and poorly designed.  Also one of the worst marketing jobs ever. 

However the Jets have played in NJ for 35 years now which is over half of their existence.   It’s time for people to get over it.  The Jets aren’t going to NY especially after they moved their training facility to NJ.  It’s time to take the NY logo they use and change the Y to a J.  

NFL licensing wont allow it is what I was told the same can be said about the NY Giants.   

Us NY Jets fans just cant have nice things thats all.