MetLife Stadium stinks and the latest Super Bowl venues will make it look even worse

joewilly12

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like the stadium. We have enjoyed it FAR more than the old one.

Also I don't care what it looks like. The seats are closer to the field, there is less wind too.

Not sure why the heck it matters what it looks like.

10 hours ago, SAR I said:

MetLife Stadium is awesome. You Mets fans playing the victim really need to stop. 

SAR I

Bunch of Divas... Most of the complainers are the old drunks who miss the spirals or people who never go anyways and just care about the glamour shots of the stadium on TV

It's pretty depressing to think that 2 owners got together, sold about 75% of the seats twice using psl's, and that's the best that they could do. 

Yeah labor is expensive in this market but we're not the only ones. 

Very uninspired effort 

15 minutes ago, Larz said:

It's pretty depressing to think that 2 owners got together, sold about 75% of the seats twice using psl's, and that's the best that they could do. 

Yeah labor is expensive in this market but we're not the only ones. 

Very uninspired effort 

Not sure what you mean. The stadium is nice. Also looks like a football stadium not a piece of furniture.

The team sucks... So gameday certainly could be better but it has nothing to do with the stadium.

Screenshot_2019-02-03-09-00-46.png

10 minutes ago, ECURB said:

Not sure what you mean. The stadium is nice. Also looks like a football stadium not a piece of furniture.

The team sucks... So gameday certainly could be better but it has nothing to do with the stadium.

Screenshot_2019-02-03-09-00-46.png

My impressions from game day 

Drab. Concrete. Where are the signs telling me where to go? 

The replay screens are small by modern standards 

Seat itself was OK. 

I went to the colts game and it was a great game, lots of fun big plays but there is no getting around the boring slab of concrete that is the stadium 

It could be any teams stadium its generic one size fits all 

I’ve been to that new ATL stadium for an MLS soccer game. It’s awesome and so freaking loud in there. The soccer game I saw was louder there than any Jets football game I’ve attended. 

Putting aside the ugliness of Metlife there is no home field advantage. Way too many field level seats remain empty in big spots. 

Metlife is-what's wrong with it! It's also an over a billion dollar project. The smart thing is having two teams share it and not have to build separate billion dollar stadiums for NFL franchises. To me sorry I think it's stupid to spend this much money on a stadium. You don't need all of the extra frills and it's overkill when so many people have so little. Sure we need our entertainment but to me it rubs it in. And rubs me the wrong way.  I would not approve any tax breaks for billionaires for NFL stadiums. 

19 minutes ago, KINGDIRK said:

I’ve been to that new ATL stadium for an MLS soccer game. It’s awesome and so freaking loud in there. The soccer game I saw was louder there than any Jets football game I’ve attended. 

Putting aside the ugliness of Metlife there is no home field advantage. Way too many field level seats remain empty in big spots. 

You didn't attend a sold out game during Rex then... Also the stadium is not the problem for empty seats.

10 minutes ago, ECURB said:

You didn't attend a sold out game during Rex then... Also the stadium is not the problem for empty seats.

The stadium brought the introduction of PSL’s that helped start the downward spiral in attendance. The poor performance on the field caused a steamroller effect. Combine the two and you get an apathetic fan base.

5 hours ago, ECURB said:

Bunch of Divas... Most of the complainers are the old drunks who miss the spirals or people who never go anyways and just care about the glamour shots of the stadium on TV

100% this.

Wah, wah, I didn't make enough money in my life, wah, wah, my baseball and football teams suck, wah, wah, PSL's are the devil, wah, wah I'm a victim pity me on social media.

Shut up.  Be lucky season ticket holders like me pay the bills so you can watch Jets games on TV for free and don't comment on a stadium you've never set foot in.

SAR I

3 hours ago, Bocajetfan said:

The stadium brought the introduction of PSL’s that helped start the downward spiral in attendance. The poor performance on the field caused a steamroller effect. Combine the two and you get an apathetic fan base.

The Jets lead the AFC in attendance every year since the PSL's were instituted and in this awful, losing season, moved up to #2 in the entire NFL.

What about those "loyal" Giants fans?  Packers fans?  Broncos fans?  Redskins fans?

Those turncoats dropped like a rock vs. prior years.

2018-attendance.jpg

....but let's not let FACTS get in the way of a good VICTIM'S rant.

SAR I

5 hours ago, ECURB said:

16 minutes ago, SAR I said:

100% this.

Wah, wah, I didn't make enough money in my life, wah, wah, my baseball and football teams suck, wah, wah, PSL's are the devil, wah, wah I'm a victim pity me on social media.

Shut up.  Be lucky season ticket holders like me pay the bills so you can watch Jets games on TV for free and don't comment on a stadium you've never set foot in.

SAR I

WRONG 

The Jets/Giants built new we expected something better. I would rather have the old Giants stadium back than this new half baked venture. Its an abomination of how cheap the Jets/Giants can be? The coaches club areas are ok but nothing spectacular compared to other stadiums. Most home games you feel as if you are a visitor in your own stadium. 

Old drunks were there every week in their seat regardless of weather, time,opponent,win-loss record. There were never this many opposing teams fans in that stadium as there is now. 

Season ticket holders are NOT paying the bills or the NY Jets wouldn't be selling PSL seats without having to pay the PSL fee or would single game tickets be available through the NY Jets. There are so many PSL's for sale through the NY Jets and on the after market resale market. 

SOLD OUT or SELL OUT. 

4 minutes ago, SAR I said:

The Jets lead the AFC in attendance every year since the PSL's were instituted and in this awful, losing season, moved up to #2 in the entire NFL.

What about those "loyal" Giants fans?  Packers fans?  Broncos fans?  Redskins fans?

Those turncoats dropped like a rock vs. prior years.

2018-attendance.jpg

....but let's not let FACTS get in the way of a good VICTIM'S rant.

SAR I

How many of those fans in attendance that lead the league are OPPOSING TEAMS FANS at NY Jets home games. 

5 hours ago, ECURB said:

Unlike you I watch football from the inside of the stadium I guess.... I don't care what it looks like or where it is. Inside is great.

This.

All stadiums are nothing but seating bowls.  The shade of the brick facade and color of the plastic seats never won a single football game.

A bunch of "look at me I'm a victim" Mets fans, the ones who only know how to be a victim and not show up like a loyal fan, are the ones complaining.

MetLife Stadium is great on many levels.  Best thing?  These blue collar defeated losers are forced to live in the upper deck and can't mingle with the paying customers.

SAR I

9 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

How many of those fans in attendance that lead the league are OPPOSING TEAMS FANS at NY Jets home games. 

I'd guess about 10%.  No different than the amount of JETS FANS found in OPPOSING STADIUMS around the league.  No different than the amount of PACKERS fans who show up in GILLETTE when they play there.

It's not 1980 anymore.  Satellite TV, Stubhub, and the internet exist.  People who grew up in one city now live in other cities and they can keep following their original teams and get tickets to see them in opposing stadiums because of TECHNOLOGY.

There's a whole big world for you to explore outside of your basement; try it sometime.

SAR I

On 2/2/2019 at 10:50 AM, joewilly12 said:

The stadium gives you no NY Jets home field advantage feel its like you are walking into a large warehouse compared to other NFL stadiums. 

Home field advantage is going to come from winning games. 

4 hours ago, Larz said:

It could be any teams stadium its generic one size fits all 

Steelers (63,000), Patriots (65,000), and Seahawks (69,000) play in tiny stadiums.  Heinz and Gillette are open-ended, they're missing an entire section to put fans in.  CenturyLink is like MetLife without the entire upper deck. 

The Jets and Giants designed MetLife to accommodate 82,500 fans and the place is 95% sold out every Sunday for both teams even with them sucking for practically a decade each.  If the Jets built a Seattle sized stadium (population 725 THOUSAND) for the NYC Metro area (population 20 MILLION) it would be the dumbest decision in sports history. 

And unlike Kansas City, Pittsburgh, Jacksonville, and other podunk cities, New York is a big tourist attraction between September and January and we get, shocker, opposing fans who view Manhattan as a cold weather Disneyland.  There are MORE Jets fans in MetLife than there are Steeler fans in Heinz or Patriots fans in Gillette because our stadium is SIGNIFICANTLY LARGER. 

Let's say that the typical Pats game is 10% opposing fans.  Means there are 58,500 Pats fans attending an average game.

Let's really slam our fanbase, let's be brutal.  Let's say that the typical Jets game is 20% opposing fans, twice as bad as New England.  Means there are 66,000 Jets fans attending an average game.

Math.  They teach it in school.  Sets you free.  It really does.

SAR I

7 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Home field advantage is going to come from winning games. 

Yes.  And I've been to 12 games in Gillette Stadium and MetLife is much louder, even in the years when we absolutely stink.  When the worm turns this season it'll be one of the loudest in the league, like it was back in 2010 and 2011.

SAR I

20 minutes ago, SAR I said:

MetLife Stadium is great on many levels.  Best thing?  These blue collar defeated losers are forced to live in the upper deck and can't mingle with the paying customers.

I pray for you SAR I not every man that walks the face of this earth can be as great and as wealthy as you. WOW 

18 minutes ago, SAR I said:

I'd guess about 10%.  No different than the amount of JETS FANS found in OPPOSING STADIUMS around the league.  No different than the amount of PACKERS fans who show up in GILLETTE when they play there.

It's not 1980 anymore.  Satellite TV, Stubhub, and the internet exist.  People who grew up in one city now live in other cities and they can keep following their original teams and get tickets to see them in opposing stadiums because of TECHNOLOGY.

There's a whole big world for you to explore outside of your basement; try it sometime.

SAR I

Way more than 10% way more and you know it. 

35 minutes ago, SAR I said:

My home doesn't have a basement..... im a blue collar worker you know the slime ball drunk type yet you lease 3 series BMW's and buy Kenmore appliances. 

I attended more Jets games than you will ever think about attending as a season ticket holder and still probably attend more games than you today even though I don't have season tickets anymore. 

I never whined or made excuses about weather, game time,opponent, win-loss record unlike you do all the time and I never SOLD OUT........unlike you. 

MetLife is OK but it could have been so much better and should have been so much better...........maybe next time.

52 minutes ago, SAR I said:

This.

All stadiums are nothing but seating bowls.  The shade of the brick facade and color of the plastic seats never won a single football game.

A bunch of "look at me I'm a victim" Mets fans, the ones who only know how to be a victim and not show up like a loyal fan, are the ones complaining.

SAR I

This place was so much better when you were banned.

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

52 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

I pray for you SAR I not every man that walks the face of this earth can be as great and as wealthy as you. WOW 

Wake up Joe. If you believe one thing I ever tell you on this site, believe this. No one with any real money speaks the way that person does. He's obviously a 40ish year old with huge insecurity issues. I'd guess he bought his PSL's for 20 cents on the dollar a couple of years ago, and his season tickets are the biggest purely entertainment purchase he's ever made just for himself.

If he's even moderately "successful" he's new to it, and those tickets are one of the first nice things he's ever owned. Sure, He probably has a lease on a vanity auto, and lives in a home which he can barely afford. He needs to have those, debt be damned, to feed his oversized ego. That ego is always hungry though, so he has to make sure everyone he comes in contact with knows how special he thinks he is. Even strangers on the internet.  

27 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

My home doesn't have a basement..... im a blue collar worker you know the slime ball drunk type yet you lease 3 series BMW's and buy Kenmore appliances. 

I attended more Jets games than you will ever think about attending as a season ticket holder and still probably attend more games than you today even though I don't have season tickets anymore. 

I never whined or made excuses about weather, game time,opponent, win-loss record unlike you do all the time and I never SOLD OUT........unlike you. 

MetLife is OK but it could have been so much better and should have been so much better...........maybe next time.

Wasn't it just last week in the New Uniform thread you were telling everyone how smart this guy was, and that we should all pay more attention to what he was saying? 

My, my. That worm has turned rather quickly hasn't it? :rl:

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

WRONG 

The Jets/Giants built new we expected something better. I would rather have the old Giants stadium back than this new half baked venture. Its an abomination of how cheap the Jets/Giants can be? The coaches club areas are ok but nothing spectacular compared to other stadiums. Most home games you feel as if you are a visitor in your own stadium. 

SOLD OUT or SELL OUT. 

Another fan who gave up his season tickets when the Jets asked you to pay fair market value and the playoff runs stopped.

You don't go to Jets games so you have no say on what the stadium looks like.  Enjoy your basement, your stale pretzels, and your 10 year old plasma TV.

SAR I

Archived