SEARING NUGGZ - Gase Williams already butted heads?

Gas2No99

51 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

The anti-Adams brigade has become so desperate. It's cringe worthy. Do you even realize it? You're purposely mischaracterizing an interview with one of the best Jets players so that you can take a dump on him. Why?

I didnt realize it, until now

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Warfish said:

People are just now realizing how much of a bad teammate our elite Pro-Bowl Safety is with all his yapping?

He's a very good Safety, for what little IMO that position is worth, but he's a horrible teammate constantly undermining his own players, his own staff and his own front office, because let's be honest.....it's all about him, he has the ego of an NBA Superstar.  LeBron my ass, the only LeBrons in the NFL are QB's dumbass.  :rolleyes:

If I were one of the players he was trying to get replaced, I might have some Geno'esque words for him in practice about what happens to people who try and **** with other peoples livelihoods.  

As if it's news to anyone the Jets need better players. He answered that particular question about as politically correct as he could have. He didn't talk about any positions or players. Would you be happier if he just lied and said something stupid like we don't need better players, we just need to come together as a team or some BS? 

Oh and you're another one pretending the LeBron thing is something it isn't. That's cool ?.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

No. It’s Williams defense.

They shouldn’t be telling him who he should or shouldn’t hire.

It’s exactly why you don’t set up a structure like this - with an ego maniac like Gase.

Jets ownership is dysfunctional.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

24:25:31

I thought Gase was not going to be involved with the defense.  Let Williams do his thang 

• Sympathy 1

3 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

No. It’s Williams defense.

They shouldn’t be telling him who he should or shouldn’t hire.

It’s exactly why you don’t set up a structure like this - with an ego maniac like Gase.

Jets ownership is dysfunctional.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

24:25:31

"Ego maniac like Gase" - Yeah, because nepotism is standard practice as policy elsewhere.

Ownership is a matter of perspective. Either way, he can hire qualified people who aren't his reportedly difficult son to help run it.

Are you honestly comparing McVay to Gase.  Gase being the guy that has put together some of the leagues worst offenses in his 3 years as a HC?

That's a separate argument.. You questioned whether this type of arrangement can work. It clearly can. 

And I'm pretty sure if we hired some 30 year old like mcvay a few years ago you'd have bashed that move also.

Are you honestly comparing McVay to Gase.  Gase being the guy that has put together some of the leagues worst offenses in his 3 years as a HC?

Did you know that McVay's offenses, before he became head coach were:

-19, 20, 21 in yards

If he would have been a Jets hire, many would be saying the same as you are here.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

3 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

sounds like a normal disagreement that they worked out. it's a long off season ?.

Don’t try and sugar coat things. Things blew up on 1 Jets Drive. Gregg had Gase in a rear naked choke. Gase somehow managed to get out and caught Gregg in an ankle lock. Macc came and spilled coffee on the both of them while trying to break up the fight. Gregg and Gase got up and just shook their heads and said (at the same time ironically) “you can’t do anything right”.

Well at least that’s how I would have reported it.  

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Barry McCockinner said:

As if it's news to anyone the Jets need better players. He answered that particular question about as politically correct as he could have. He didn't talk about any positions or players. Would you be happier if he just lied and said something stupid like we don't need better players, we just need to come together as a team or some BS? 

Oh and you're another one pretending the LeBron thing is something it isn't. That's cool ?.

Right. And he also added "we have talent in the locker room"  It's all being taken out of context to further the funny little narrative. People just don't like him and will look to grab hold of whatever they can to reinforce their feelings. Mean time, Adams is an All Pro who received the DMVP in the pro bowl, and told Skip Bayless to put on a uniform and keep talking. lol 

He also asked skip where he heard that the mascot went to the hospital and Skip just said "well that's what I heard."  I say good for Adams. Don't let a blow hard like Skip Bayless just say what he wants to say without backing it up. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Warfish said:

People are just now realizing how much of a bad teammate our elite Pro-Bowl Safety is with all his yapping?

He's a very good Safety, for what little IMO that position is worth, but he's a horrible teammate constantly undermining his own players, his own staff and his own front office, because let's be honest.....it's all about him, he has the ego of an NBA Superstar.  LeBron my ass, the only LeBrons in the NFL are QB's dumbass.  :rolleyes:

If I were one of the players he was trying to get replaced, I might have some Geno'esque words for him in practice about what happens to people who try and **** with other peoples livelihoods.  

This is hot garbage really.

Once again he didn't say he was Lebron for any other reason than to answer the question about recruiting great players. 

This is usually where someone will reply something about how Adams really meant he thinks he's great like Lebron, which may be true, but that's still not what he was saying. 

You saying he is a bad teammate is just something you are making up and stating it as fact. That said, it is possible all the scrubs who we talk about cutting every day here just may think he's a bad teammate for wanting better players. That's their own fault for not being good enough.  Is it messing with someone's livelihood to cut them when they blow balls? 

• Upvote 2

51 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

That's a separate argument.. You questioned whether this type of arrangement can work. It clearly can. 

And I'm pretty sure if we hired some 30 year old like mcvay a few years ago you'd have bashed that move also.

It's not just about the arrangement, as a concept I have no real problem with it.  it's about the arrangement with a guy like Gase. Who lost his team, fought with the owners and is not for being abrasive. 

And no, I would have been excited about virtually every other person on the Jets short list.  I'm not typically a negative fan - the Gase hire was a bad one.  

2 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

As if it's news to anyone the Jets need better players.

Regardless, it's not HIS place to say it nor to throw his teammates under the bus.

He answered that particular question about as politically correct as he could have. He didn't talk about any positions or players.

No, he didn't.  He could said "I stand with my teammates, we all rise of fall together, and we all have to play harder".  

I know in this egomaniac age, such a selfless, team-first comment is bewildering to some players AND fans alike.....

Would you be happier if he just lied and said something stupid like we don't need better players, we just need to come together as a team or some BS?

I'd be happier if he's shut his yap and just play football.  If I want verbal entertainment, I'll go see a stand up comedian.

Make no mistake tho, Adams is a modern player for a modern fan.  The kind of fan who likes to tell the entire world what color his poo is on facebook, and tweet out his most mundane thoughts as if he were Cicero on a regular basis, because who the **** cares.

38 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

This is hot garbage really.

Once again he didn't say he was Lebron for any other reason than to answer the question about recruiting great players. 

Who the is HE is "recruit great players'  He's a Safety ffs.  Not a GM.  No one has come to the Jets, and no on ever will come to the Jets, because Adams recruited them.  Dear lord, grow up.

This is usually where someone will reply something about how Adams really meant he thinks he's great like Lebron, which may be true, but that's still not what he was saying. 

Make no mistake, Adams thinks he's that good.  Make all the excuses you like, kids ego is massive.

You saying he is a bad teammate is just something you are making up and stating it as fact.

Keep telling yourself that.

That said, it is possible all the scrubs who we talk about cutting every day here just may think he's a bad teammate for wanting better players. That's their own fault for not being good enough.  Is it messing with someone's livelihood to cut them when they blow balls? 

There is a difference between us fans saying it, and a player on the team saying it.  It's spectacularly obtuse of you if you don't get that.

But again, modern era fans, I bet you loved Revis, and desperately want to sign both Brown and Bell too right?  

Heaven help us....

5 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

With their associated personality types I expect them to butt heads every time they communicate. Even saying good morning it will seem heated. I know it will work because my parents been doing that for 56 years of marriage and counting. 

The Tuna wasn't easy going either he fought with GM George Young on the Giants and Kraft with the Pats..

• Sympathy 1

6 minutes ago, Savage69 said:

The Tuna wasn't easy going either he fought with GM George Young on the Giants and Kraft with the Pats..

I mean after Todd Bowles I wouldn’t mind some coaching fist-to- cuffs if it meant the team plays with same fire. Last few years Jets football been like camomile tea. 

30 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Regardless, it's not HIS place to say it nor to throw his teammates under the bus.

No, he didn't.  He could said "I stand with my teammates, we all rise of fall together, and we all have to play harder".  

I know in this egomaniac age, such a selfless, team-first comment is bewildering to some players AND fans alike.....

I'd be happier if he's shut his yap and just play football.  If I want verbal entertainment, I'll go see a stand up comedian.

Make no mistake tho, Adams is a modern player for a modern fan.  The kind of fan who likes to tell the entire world what color his poo is on facebook, and tweet out his most mundane thoughts as if he were Cicero on a regular basis, because who the **** cares.

If I was one of his teammates and he ran to the media to tell them “we need more dawgs,” I’d have suffocated him with a pillow. The dude has never won a f*cking thing in his life and he wants to criticize his teammates? He didn’t win in college, didn’t win in high school, and hasn’t made a single play to help win a game in the pros, but he wants to act like some championship savant? FOH. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, T0mShane said:

If I was one of his teammates and he ran to the media to tell them “we need more dawgs,” I’d have suffocated him with a pillow. The dude has never won a f*cking thing in his life and he wants to criticize his teammates? He didn’t win in college, didn’t win in high school, and hasn’t made a single play to help win a game in the pros, but he wants to act like some championship savant? FOH. 

QUITE OBVIOUS he wants to WIN here as a NY JET. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Branding 

5 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

so ya'll are just going to ignore the context and pretend to be OMGZ that he compared himself to Lebron? Cool story bros.

In case you missed it, he was specifically talking about how he wanted to play with the best players - like Lebron.

And if Adams did ruffle some feathers by saying  they need more dogs, kid's right, they do and if some of his soon to be ex-teammates don't like it they can just leave his UPS packages on the steps or cut his turkey too thin at the Pathmark deli that they'll be working at next year.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Who the is HE is "recruit great players'  He's a Safety ffs.  Not a GM.  No one has come to the Jets, and no on ever will come to the Jets, because Adams recruited them.  Dear lord, grow up.

Make no mistake, Adams thinks he's that good.  Make all the excuses you like, kids ego is massive.

Keep telling yourself that.

There is a difference between us fans saying it, and a player on the team saying it.  It's spectacularly obtuse of you if you don't get that.

But again, modern era fans, I bet you loved Revis, and desperately want to sign both Brown and Bell too right?  

Heaven help us....

There ya go. Jumping to conclusions again. lol

I am a Kenny O lovin, Freeman McNeil jersey wearing, Sack exhange apologist. Would hate Brown and while I'm warming to Bell slightly, I have been in week long debates as to why I don't want him here. 

Everything you said is grade B Bologna and happenstance filled imagination. 

Who said he was a GM?  He's a guy out there saying what he wants. I don't like Twitter culture but it's here and more the norm than us oldies would like to admit. Get used to it. 

And again... he was anserign a question. You're removing the question to imagine an alternate truth. There... How's that?  :) 

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

I have no response to this, I just wanted to note that I'm in awe of your ability to cut up a post into multiple quotes. I spent some time trying to figure it out and gave up.

36 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Serious question for you, have you ever been on a team in a competitive sport that required you in a dugout or a locker room, and worked in a team concept?

Just interested. Today is learn about T0mShane day.

• Upvote 1