SEARING NUGGZ - Gase Williams already butted heads?

Gas2No99

2 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

Serious question for you, have you ever been on a team in a competitive sport that required you in a dugout or a locker room, and worked in a team concept?

Just interested. Today is learn about T0mShane day.

1. Yes

2. I am a charismatic leader in all areas of my life

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

38 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

If I was one of his teammates and he ran to the media to tell them “we need more dawgs,” I’d have suffocated him with a pillow. The dude has never won a f*cking thing in his life and he wants to criticize his teammates? He didn’t win in college, didn’t win in high school, and hasn’t made a single play to help win a game in the pros, but he wants to act like some championship savant? FOH. 

You still haven't changed your avatar to the new one you requested.

jamalAdamsForPresident3.png

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I have no response to this, I just wanted to note that I'm in awe of your ability to cut up a post into multiple quotes. I spent some time trying to figure it out and gave up.

Some people are blessed with legitimate talent.  Adams, despite my criticism of his big fat mouth, is blessed with exceptional talent....for a Safety,

Me?

I can cut up posts.

You win some, you lose some.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

To suggest that Adams clamoring for better players hurts the teams leverage is ridiculous.  I can imagine agents telling Mac he must pay more for his client "because Jamal really likes him!".  Mac..."oops, you're right!  Here's a few more million!".

As for hurting the feelings of players who just contributed to a team that won 4 games, well, who cares!  Or are you suggesting we just keep the same roster so no one is upset?  They should be called out!  EVERYONE wants better players?  And exactly whose  feathers are ruffled?  Is it Enunwa?  I love they guy but you gotta be on the field to contribute.  McGuire?  I like the guy but his 276 yard contribution ain't enough.  Spencer Long???  Trenton Cannon?  Kearse???  Who exactly?  Who on this team has a right to take a pillow to Adams???  Did anyone watch the Bills home game?  I saw one guy on offense (Darnold) and one guy on defense (Jamal) all year who should take offense to this.  Everyone else?  FAIR GAME!

Did the 4-12 season not put pressure on the front office?  Or is Mac thinking, 'well, Jamal is upset so we better do something here!"?

1 minute ago, Scott Dierking said:

T)mShane heartbreak. I am sure he was not looking foe more dawgs after this one. Where was the safety help on the last TD?

Truth be told, I never played. Our starting free safety was our best athlete—John Battersby. That was a brutal game for us as Carmel was our blood rival. Carmel, as you may know, is a sh*thole town populated by inbred white trash while Mahopac was an upscale suburb. Anyway, we couldn’t stop their 6’4” flanker Kevin Feighery, who ended up playing at the Merchant Marine Academy. Our QB was a low-end prospect named Greg Gordon, who signed with Boston U and they tried to make him a tight end, but he quit football. Battersby ended up playing minor league baseball for awhile, but washed out and works in financial services. 

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

Well, it looks like we are going to have some lines drawn in the sand with our beat writers.

Cimini is going to be the guy to try to create controversy.

Mehta (of all people) is going to be the fan boy.

Honestly, I think Mehta is playing this right.  I think Mehta's decision to go from heel to fan boy is a calculated gamble that if Darnold and the Jets do become really good...he's going to be the guy with all the access, more spots on national radio and TV, more chances for him to become a national type figure.

Just look at Peter King....he saw the potential in Brady and Bellicheat early, started sucking their balls right from the get go and 18 years later the guy has made an absolute killing.

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

so ya'll are just going to ignore the context and pretend to be OMGZ that he compared himself to Lebron? Cool story bros.

In case you missed it, he was specifically talking about how he wanted to play with the best players - like Lebron.

Every NBA player wants to play with the best players.  Why didn't he say he wanted to be like Zydrunas Ilgauskas then?

22 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Maybe you missed the part of the story where they worked it out? This is a giant nothing burger from a reporter who needed material to write an article. They'll be trying to latch onto anything that appears to be "GASE BUTTING HEADS" material and turning it into click bait for the duration of the offseason. 

I mostly was too busy listening to the part where Gregg Williams called his own son the best young LB coach he's ever had, and gave the kid special treatment as a result.  Because that'll help create a cohesive defensive coaching staff here.

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Scott Dierking said:

Serious question for you, have you ever been on a team in a competitive sport that required you in a dugout or a locker room, and worked in a team concept?

Just interested. Today is learn about T0mShane day.

This sounds an awful lot like that "Did any of you play Single-A baseball?" thread from years ago. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, UntouchableCrew said:

While this isn't a big deal....

I'm not going to pretend it's nothing either. This sort of thing is exactly what Gregg Williams doubters were talking about.

If he could just get out of his own way, he'd be a Wade Phillips/Jim Schwartz-level DC in this league.  But he can't, hence why he's changed jobs 10 times since 2000.

And to think, we based a lot of the Gase hire on creating a forced marriage like this.  This won't end well.

26 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

If he could just get out of his own way, he'd be a Wade Phillips/Jim Schwartz-level DC in this league.  But he can't, hence why he's changed jobs 10 times since 2000.

And to think, we based a lot of the Gase hire on creating a forced marriage like this.  This won't end well.

I was very positive on the Gase/Williams hire, but unfortunately in the Land of the Jets if it seems good, it is too good to be true.  

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

4 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I mostly was too busy listening to the part where Gregg Williams called his own son the best young LB coach he's ever had, and gave the kid special treatment as a result.  Because that'll help create a cohesive defensive coaching staff here.

Yeah, but that's William's issue.  No one should be telling him who or who not to hire.

28 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Yeah, but that's William's issue.  No one should be telling him who or who not to hire.

I think the “issue” here was more from Mac and Chris than Gase.

Gase just wants to do with the offense and wants a better result from Williams.  Williams did it with his son as an assistant.  

On 2/3/2019 at 9:46 AM, Bocajetfan said:

Just wondering where this leak about this conflict came from. With as tight lipped the organization has been since Mac arrived. Is this fact or speculation?

Actually it probably came from Maccagnan hahaha.  He’s being, or going to be, squeezed in the Gase/Williams vice.....so he knows his only card is to get subversive.

• 3 months later...
On 2/3/2019 at 11:34 AM, TuscanyTile2 said:

Not that this matters for very much but I don't know if there have ever been Jet coaches that I've disliked the personality of more than Adam Gase/Gregg Williams.  I'm rooting for them of course though.

I have to self-bump this comment.