What a joke the nfl is

NoBowles

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The NFL has become a joke. The Pats Win the Super Bowl every year makes their league a joke. It's what's the point?

It's not competitive, and I for one did not watch it. The Pro Patriot calls have to stop, you see it every year in the playoffs. 

The league will start losing fans and revenue. The Pats turn up and Win is getting tired. Plus a 13-3 snoozer adds to the narrative. 

8 hours ago, MichaelScott said:

What are you talking about? The officiating is literally the only thing that didn't suck about tonight. 

The Pats got away with blatant holding all night, yet a big play gets taken away in a 3-3 game on a bs holding call against the rams. The defenseless receiver hit was atrocious, as was the no call on the hit on Goff as he went out of bounds.  This was a 3-3 game late in the 4th quarter, it was swayed by the officials, no game should be swayed by the refs. The Sb was completely swayed between the nfc championship game and the Sb. NFL is a joke 

9 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Rams on defense played absolutely fantastic.  Their offense was atrocious Goff and McVay were exposed

They played bend but don't break.  NE Dominated TOP much of that game, especially the first half.  They moved it but couldn't make plays to score, NE had over 400 yds of O.

Goff was atrocious, just those 2 huge missed plays alone changes that game.

9 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Rams on defense played absolutely fantastic.  Their offense was atrocious Goff and McVay were exposed

Exposed ? LOL so I guess now that the game plan is out there Goff, McVay and the Rams will just suck next year ...right ? They had a bad game, Belichick had a great plan as he so often does, so please stop with this nonsense. They started moving the ball late and lost the game on some bad plays so McVay adjusted but it was just too little too late

9 hours ago, NoBowles said:

They get worse and worse every year. Absolutely atrocious officiating handed the Pats the SB

I would say it was an absolutely  atrocious offensive game plan that handed them the SB. Officiating was not great but wasn't  why they won. Rams couldn't  move the ball with any consistency.  

35 minutes ago, NoBowles said:

The Pats got away with blatant holding all night, yet a big play gets taken away in a 3-3 game on a bs holding call against the rams. The defenseless receiver hit was atrocious, as was the no call on the hit on Goff as he went out of bounds.  This was a 3-3 game late in the 4th quarter, it was swayed by the officials, no game should be swayed by the refs. The Sb was completely swayed between the nfc championship game and the Sb. NFL is a joke 

You guys who cry about officiating like this are comical.  If you watched that game and thought the officials were the reason why the Pats won, then you can’t comprehend simple football concepts.  

Here is why the NFL sucks.

Because the league has become a joke with the same team showing up in its biggest game year after year for nearly 2 decades. Other sports have rules in place that prevent parody. We are tired of watching the Pat's play against teams that look like they have no business being there. How the Hell did Goff play this badly. Why wasn't  McVay in his ear saying 3 step drop, set and throw, even if you are throwing it out of bounds. Why are you not running more screens, why are you not hitting crossers. Why was Goff a sitting duck in the pocket?

This was about as bad a team ever to play in this game and the Pat's were not much better. Except for two passes, the deep one to Gronk and 20+ yarder to Edelman,  Brady was horrible.

Nobody watches football to see a game with a total score that doesn't  break 17 points. 

9 hours ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

Please. The phantom holding call on the long Gurley run in the middle of the 4th quarter  was the play of the game.  It was 3-3 and Rams were driving and that run had the Pats defense on it's heels and would have prevented them from teeing off on Goff.  Instead of first and ten on the Pats 40, it's second and twenty back on the Ram 30 something.  That call was the game.  And there was no hold. How do you make THAT call when hardly any flags are thrown all day?  

At that moment, I knew the game was over.

As much as I want to blame the refs, I can’t. If I had told you that the Pats were only going to score 13 points, you would have bet your left testicle that the Rams were going to win. 

Rams averaging around 30 PPG and only came out with 3. They got simply out coached and out played. 

I can say one thing with confidence, Sam Darnold is not that far from Goff, if he is at all. 

Just now, Ghost said:

As much as I want to blame the refs, I can’t. If I had told you that the Pats were only going to score 13 points, you would have bet your left testicle that the Rams were going to win. 

Rams averaging around 30 PPG and only came out with 3. They got simply out coached and out played. 

I can say one thing with confidence, Sam Darnold is not that far from Goff, if he is at all. 

Sam has a better arm than Goff does, the ball comes out of Sam’s hand so much smoother than it does from Goff’s.  Sam throws with more velocity as well.   His tools are better, he just needs the surrounding cast that Goff has received.  

1 hour ago, sec101row23 said:

Sam has a better arm than Goff does, the ball comes out of Sam’s hand so much smoother than it does from Goff’s.  Sam throws with more velocity as well.   His tools are better, he just needs the surrounding cast that Goff has received.  

Tools? 

You mean like their best player, Todd Gurley? Who got 11 touches? While healthy?

It's not just the officiating that should tip folks off that this league is rigged. 

2 hours ago, nyjunc said:

They played bend but don't break.  NE Dominated TOP much of that game, especially the first half.  They moved it but couldn't make plays to score, NE had over 400 yds of O.

Not only that... the NE defense may be the best defense they have fielded in a long time.  Like it or not, they have a great defense, no worse than well above average.  REX's defense NEVER looked that dominant except for a game or two in a row.   

I’ve been saying for years Goff is soft
This was his first superbowl appearance who knows what happened. Maybe he wasn't able to sleep the night before or maybe it's because they have been holding gurley back for whatever reason and that put too much pressure on him. Geoff still has a long career ahead of him to harden up

Sent from my LGUS991 using JetNation.com mobile app

1 hour ago, sec101row23 said:

You guys who cry about officiating like this are comical.  If you watched that game and thought the officials were the reason why the Pats won, then you can’t comprehend simple football concepts.  

Yeah, crying is a bit strong. I think the NFL has become a joke. We had a team in the SB that shouldn't have becasue of an awful missed call, and the refs completely changed the momentum of the game with that holding call at 3-3 which was a total BS call, and made even worse because they didnt call anything on the Pats who were far worse offenders most of the game.

But crying, nah, I honestly don't care enough about the NFL to cry about it. Its a crappy product that gets worse by the day.

3 hours ago, nyjunc said:

It's hard not to give up yards when your offense keeps going 3 and out.

Goff hit 50% of his passes, with 4 sacks and a int.    They ran the ball all of 18 times for 62 yards.

Just now, chirorob said:

It's hard not to give up yards when your offense keeps going 3 and out.

Goff hit 50% of his passes, with 4 sacks and a int.    They ran the ball all of 18 times for 62 yards.

That didn't help, Goff was brutal.  I saw an article today that mentioned how he looked nervous during the anthem.  I noticed that too, he was literally shaking.  Sometimes we can read too much into stuff like that but he played scared from the first play until the end

3 hours ago, sec101row23 said:

If the score was 30-10 , I might agree with you. In a tight 3-3 game the Pats getting the benefit of non-calls make a difference.

3 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

Because the league has become a joke with the same team showing up in its biggest game year after year for nearly 2 decades. Other sports have rules in place that prevent parody. We are tired of watching the Pat's play against teams that look like they have no business being there. How the Hell did Goff play this badly. Why wasn't  McVay in his ear saying 3 step drop, set and throw, even if you are throwing it out of bounds. Why are you not running more screens, why are you not hitting crossers. Why was Goff a sitting duck in the pocket?

This was about as bad a team ever to play in this game and the Pat's were not much better. Except for two passes, the deep one to Gronk and 20+ yarder to Edelman,  Brady was horrible.

Nobody watches football to see a game with a total score that doesn't  break 17 points. 

How exactly do you introduce parody? This isn't the NBA, where the Warriors have 4 of the best players. The Pats have a handful of good players, and they make it work. Brady would bring the Pats to the superbowl if they played with 9 players on the field, all of them college freshman. 

13 hours ago, Mackman55 said:

There was no hold, nothing. To make that call, at that crucial point in the game, you have to have an agenda other than objective officiating. A true disgrace.

What was even funnier was Natz says "look there is the hold" as Romo says nothing and the quickly moved replay shows the same thing no hold whatsoever......

It is a joke and for me has taken a lot of the fun out of the NFL....

Let's Go Jets..........

3 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

No league has more rules to promote parody.  That the Pats keep winning doesn't change that.  They don't have any advantage towards putting their team together other than they've done it well.  

It was a bad game, true, happens.  Saying the league will lose money etc because of the game or the Pats is wrong.  

3 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

No league has more rules to promote parody.  That the Pats keep winning doesn't change that.  They don't have any advantage towards putting their team together other than they've done it well.  

It was a bad game, true, happens.  Saying the league will lose money etc because of the game or the Pats is wrong.  

You are right about parity and can see it with all the other teams constantly changing at the top. The Pats very possibly have an unfair advantage with Brady’s contract. There is no concrete proof but these guys are known cheaters so it shouldn’t be discounted. 

Unless he does it purely because he cares about winning that much or if he is circumventing the salary cap is TBD but there is plenty of smoke around this. That would be a significant advantage. Their other advantages like roster building philosophy is a FAIR advantage and why they can sustain having solid teams. They are the perfect storm of fair and unfair advantages in my opinion which is why they are the most dominant football team in history. 

5 hours ago, NoBowles said:

If you think it’s a joke but you keep watching then you’re the punchline 

1 hour ago, 56mehl56 said:

If the score was 30-10 , I might agree with you. In a tight 3-3 game the Pats getting the benefit of non-calls make a difference.

Had no impact.  It’s only the conspiracy theory Patriot obsessed haters that think the officiating had anything to do with them winning.   

I wish there was no such thing as penalties. everything should just be a free-for-all. let cbs and wrs dual it out. no holding, no hands to the face. just let them play. this would make every game a defensive battle, so take one player off the field on the defensive side. 11 vs 10. I'm tired of officials impacting the outcome of the game. 

Archived