One thing I am finding joy from tonight

HawkeyeJet

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Sam Darnold is already better than one of those Superbowl QBs.

That Rams window is gonna close real quick.

Yeah but the rest of Sam’s team is trash and worse than about 30 teams in the league so it’s doesnt mean much. Football is a team sport. Let me know when he has a real team around him first. 

1 minute ago, Creepy Lurker said:

Yeah but the rest of Sam’s team is trash and worse than about 30 teams in the league so it’s doesnt mean much. Football is a team sport. Let me know when he has a real team around him first. 

I think we’ll be letting you know in about 3 months

There's a "moneyball" type theory I've heard, where you build a team of expensive free agents, and plug in decent rookie. When that rookies contract comes towards its end, you trade him and pick up another. Always allows you room to build an all-star roster. 

Have a feeling if any team is ever going to try it, The Rams will be the ones.

1 minute ago, HawkeyeJet said:

I'm gonna watch the rest of that Ted Bundy documentary now.

I'm sure there is some lightly twisted joke to be made about Ted Bundy and being a Jets fan, but I'm to paralyzed from boredom to come up with it.

Ted Bundy removed the handles on the inside of his car doors so chicks couldn’t get out once they got inside. Similarly, Max set this site up so that when you leave the message board you go to the front page and that, too, is like being sadistically murdered.

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Ted Bundy removed the handles on the inside of his car doors so chicks couldn’t get out once they got inside. Similarly, Max set this site up so that when you leave the message board you go to the front page and that, too, is like being sadistically murdered.

5CB08D7B-BA1F-4D1E-B62B-EC59A1A62A48.jpeg.6583f9f0139e7dfad526cd8656f85565.jpeg

9 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

I'm gonna watch the rest of that Ted Bundy documentary now.

I'm sure there is some lightly twisted joke to be made about Ted Bundy and being a Jets fan, but I'm to paralyzed from boredom to come up with it.

Bundy was a University of Washington fan.  He got drunk at a bar in Ann Arbor while on the lam and almost got killed by some drunk Muchigan fans at a bar while UW was playing Michigan 

They would have saved maybe a half dozen lives if they killed him at that bar

1 minute ago, Philc1 said:

Bundy was a University of Washington fan.  He got drunk at a bar in Ann Arbor while on the lam and almost got killed by some drunk Muchigan fans at a bar while UW was playing Michigan 

They would have saved maybe a half dozen lives if they killed him at that bar

Really?  That is crazy.

25 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Sam Darnold is already better than one of those Superbowl QBs.

That Rams window is gonna close real quick.

Ok, I'll bite. How about you and @Charlie Brown explain this Sam is a better QB thing to me... in the last two seasons Goff threw for 60 tds, 19 ints, and 8500 yards, with a avg QB rating of 101. What exactly has Darnold done that makes him better?

21 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Please install our app as well. We really would like to know where you are at all times. Do you have Android or an iPhone? I will send you the proper link.  :)

11 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

Ok, I'll bite. How about you and @Charlie Brown explain this Sam is a better QB thing to me... in the last two seasons Goff threw for 60 tds, 19 ints, and 8500 yards, with a avg QB rating of 101. What exactly has Darnold done that makes him better?

Just watch them play?  I don't know what else to tell you.  Goff plays for the supposed offensive wunderkind.  One of the best OLs in the NFL, and one of the best skill position sets and I've never once watched him and thought, Wow he elevates all these guys.  They elevate him.  

34 minutes ago, Creepy Lurker said:

Well lets do the math....

53 players on a squad, Jets have 6 (Darnold, Adams, Robby Anderson (1,000 yard receiver if he has a QB who can get him the ball), Herndon, the Kicker and the Punter), X + Y = Z, carry the 2, Maccagnan on average adds 1 player to the Roster every year....so I’d say Darnold will have a real team around him in 47 Years....

You ok with that?

1 minute ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

53 players on a squad, Jets have 6 (Darnold, Adams, Robby Anderson (1,000 yard receiver if he has a QB who can get him the ball), Herndon, the Kicker and the Punter), X + Y = Z, carry the 2, Maccagnan on average adds 1 player to the Roster every year....so I’d say Darnold will have a real team around him in 47 Years....

You ok with that?

But Brady will still be playing in 47 years.....

3 minutes ago, Creepy Lurker said:

But Brady will still be playing in 47 years.....

You’re right he will.

Been playing pitch and catch for almost 20 years almost never gets touched.

He’s the face of the NFL.  That’s who Madison Ave wants, so you’re not allowed to touch him, get close like in KC...flag.  That call not made maybe KC playing the Rams today.

Thats not sour grapes.  Brady/Belichick are great at what they do, I just don’t like when it looks like they get extra help.

47 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

I get you but Goff is pretty underwhelming overall and this game did a lot to support that POV. I think he'd be a turd on the Jets.

That doesnt mean I think Darnold would be as efficient on the Rams, he isnt proficient running an offense on schedule but I think I'd take him over Goff in any scenario besides a ready made team that needs a QB whose top quality is rarely ****s up 

50 minutes ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

You ok with that?

where's that Fire maccagnan thread?

Fire Maccagnan.

2 hours ago, Dcat said:

where's that Fire maccagnan thread?

Fire Maccagnan.

He doesn't have maybe the worst head coach in NFL history anymore to take lots of the heat, and Gase sure doesn't look like the type who is going to be happy with this idiot drafting 25 year old rookies, a QB not even on most team's boards in the 2nd Rd, handing out max contracts to guys whose best days are in the rear view mirror....Gase isn't going to sit in silence taking the rap because he knows he's not an NFL HC to begin with and is just happy that the checks keep coming so why make waves with a good thing like that going?  

Things don't go the way he wants Gase is going to go off like a rocket.

4 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

Darold doesn't have 1/10th the team Goff has around him at present.

Darnold has hit throws already Goff could only dream of.

When a play breaks down Goff looks the very opposite of fluid as opposed to Darnold being dangerous on every single play.  Darnold is a threat to hit an explosion play at anytime, even when running for his life.  No?

Tony Romo sees it, I see it, I saw it in Mahomes before he was drafted, but you don't see it and site statistics. What you're doing is the same as saying some junk ball pitcher (and no I'm not equating Goff to that, this has to do with statistics) who wins 20 games with some totally stacked team and then saying he's better than a young Nolan Ryan who hasn't won anything yet.

You put Goff on the 2018 Jets and it would have been ugly.  Darnold for all intents and purposes won 8 games and lost 5...doing it ALL by himself (I added 4 wins to his total since those were games lost that a sandlot coach would have won).  NO way Goff does that well on the 2018 Jets.  And I just diverted to some statistics myself, but again it means nothing right now, it's what you see.

I also see Goff NEVER getting back to another Super Bowl.

Archived