One thing I am finding joy from tonight

HawkeyeJet

56 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

As I said to you in another thread which I will post again.....

In truth I believe Darnold goes through his reads more efficiently than Goff, is far more elusive in the pocket than Goff and much better off platform than Goff. 

Sam is also a  better decision maker and is already a better independent thinker of the game as we can see how McVay has to coddle Goff and what happens when that doesn't work.

SIDE BAR HERE:

The fact that Sam had a poor game against the Pats, which some bring up  the last time the Jets played the Pats, doesn't absolve Goff when he has the far better skill position players and a much better OL.  Why it doesn't look like it at times is because Goff is like a statue back there.   A statue........

And I will double down and say.... :) 

I truly believe that if Baker Mayfield or Sam Darnold were out there in yesterday's SB game that because of what I mentioned above they would have played better than Goff did.

I only mention Mayfield to say that I was not a fan of Goff coming out and I am not a fan of his play now.

My brain is hurting from all the posting I've done on this subject since last night, LOL. My intention was never to prop up Goff as some great QB. I could care less about him, or his career. Truth be told I've only seen him play maybe 6 or 7 times. Most of what I thought about him I learned in here early last season when Sam was struggling. Almost to a man people mentioned Goff and Wentz as examples of how a young QB would improve so much after a poor rookie season, as they talked about Sam having so many of their traits, and hoped he would become the same type of young player. 

I'm certainly no QB guru, so maybe I'm just not seeing what a lot of you have seen in Sam that makes you so certain about him becoming a great QB. I would love that you are right about that, believe me. It could also be that after following the Jets for over 50 years, I've seen a lot of QBs come and go. Not a lot, but some were thought in the beginning of their career to be the one who might take us to our promised land. Maybe I'm afraid to get my hopes too high, because none of them ever did. So maybe I'm now more skeptical of a player who's shown glimpses of that kind of ability then I should be. Whatever.

Like I said earlier, I'll be very happy if in the next year or two you and others can bump the posts I made last night and today to remind me how foolish I was to have wanted to see more from Sam before I totally believed what you all saw before I did. 

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Sam Darnold is already better than one of those Superbowl QBs.

That Rams window is gonna close real quick.

I'm curious to see what the Rams do at QB in a years time. 

Paying Goff 30 million a year seems like a huge mistake, IMO. See if McVay can work his "magic" with another 1st round QB and save the money for the rest of the roster.

28 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

Like I said earlier, I'll be very happy if in the next year or two you and others can bump the posts I made last night and today to remind me how foolish I was to have wanted to see more from Sam before I totally believed what you all saw before I did. 

Thanks for the respectful post!

Just something to wet your appetite!!!

Archived