Was this the worst Super Bowl you’ve ever seen?

T0mShane

Was this the worst super bowl you’ve ever seen?  

89 members have voted

1. 1. Was this the worst super bowl you’ve ever seen?

It almost feels like the whole, "Rams will be the next dynasty" talk was completely taken out back and shot!  I'm not just talking about how horrible of a loss this was for them but it genuinely feels like they were figured out by Belichick tonight.  It was as if BB saw something nobody else saw and that even with his slightly above average defensive personnel he was able to execute a gameplan that took the video game joystick out of McVay's hands and forced Goff to make decisions he couldn't make.

Couple this with the fact that the Rams are really all-in on a few key players and I think the window could close before it even opens for them.  Goff won't be on a rookie deal forever, Donald and Gurley's new deals will start to become anchors on the salary Cap and you can't keep other good role players (Dante Fowler, Suh, Aquib Talib, Marcus Peters, Cooks, Woods, etc.) around forever.

The only thing helping the Rams is, just like the Pats for the past decade, they play in a dysfunctional division where their competitors - Cardinals (Drafting #1), San Fran (Drafting #2), and Seahawks (good but no longer great) don't seem like they'll put up much of a fight the next couple years.

I hate to say it, but the Rams this year seem like the Jets of 2009-2010 in that they propped up an average young QB by putting a great team around him and riding a well-coached, phenomenal defense.  We all saw what happens when the Cap blows up and you have to say goodbye to several of your best players.....you find out if the QB can truly lead you.

7 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Their defense played really well.  Shut down Brady for 3 quarters.  Goff looked like ass

Not to mention the Rams' OL. Collapsed around Goff play after play. He had very little time to work and made the least of it, holding the ball, scrambling ineptly, launching inaccurate passes. One would think the Rams would have adjusted their game plan to exploit quick passes at the second level, but they seemed rigidly bent on their predictable game plan. They were schooled by Bellly.

I cant remember them all but I will say this was the worst.  Goff sucked. McVay sucked.  Gurley Boy II sucked.  And Brady was not very good, even if the media boys were holding themselves when they talked about him post game.  Are the Bengals cancelling their offer to Zac?

5 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

It almost feels like the whole, "Rams will be the next dynasty" talk was completely taken out back and shot!  I'm not just talking about how horrible of a loss this was for them but it genuinely feels like they were figured out by Belichick tonight.  It was as if BB saw something nobody else saw and that even with his slightly above average defensive personnel he was able to execute a gameplan that took the video game joystick out of McVay's hands and forced Goff to make decisions he couldn't make.

Couple this with the fact that the Rams are really all-in on a few key players and I think the window could close before it even opens for them.  Goff won't be on a rookie deal forever, Donald and Gurley's new deals will start to become anchors on the salary Cap and you can't keep other good role players (Dante Fowler, Suh, Aquib Talib, Marcus Peters, Cooks, Woods, etc.) around forever.

The only thing helping the Rams is, just like the Pats for the past decade, they play in a dysfunctional division where their competitors - Cardinals (Drafting #1), San Fran (Drafting #2), and Seahawks (good but no longer great) don't seem like they'll put up much of a fight the next couple years.

I hate to say it, but the Rams this year seem like the Jets of 2009-2010 in that they propped up an average young QB by putting a great team around him and riding a well-coached, phenomenal defense.  We all saw what happens when the Cap blows up and you have to say goodbye to several of your best players.....you find out if the QB can truly lead you.

Goff was easily rattled.  He played like he was facing the Ghosts of Green Bay.  Or the '86 Bears.

It was a defensive game. Both teams shut it down for 55 min.

Call it how you want but an offense looks inept when a defense is shutting it down.

The only concern I have is can Gase and Williams coach as good as these two teams were coached in this game?

It wasn’t boring, it was mediocre. Is there even one highlight throw by the “winning” QB? There was literally nothing special about any of it. The patriots didn’t win, rather they didn’t lose. Pretty pitiful showing to be sealing a legend with. 

If course it was, many of the Pats SBs have been boring for a half or 3 qtrs then they have exciting 4th qtrs.  I was waiting for that to happen and it never did.  This was the worst SB I have seen, overtaking SB XXIV when SF demolished Denver from now start to finish.

Wasn't the worst ever. Would have been better if the Rams offense had a least a heartbeat though. Pats did enough to win the game. Their Defense other than 2 qtrs against the Chiefs shut everybody down. Chargers did nothing. Chiefs got shutout in the 1st half of the AFCCG and the Rams got totally shutdown.

Yes. And this Super Bowl marked the point where I have officially seen over half of them. What a drag it is getting old.

At least in blowouts, one side shows that they want and deserve it. This was just 60 minutes of waiting for something (ANYTHING) to happen and the clock expired before anything did. Reminded me of DEN/CAR but Denver’s defense was much better than any unit on the field in this game. And that game had more than 16 points scored.

There have been as many terrible SB's as good ones over the years. So no.

Did Goff audible even once? Beli was the MVP of this one. His defensive game plan totally shut the Rams down. Too bad because the Rams d-line made Brady look mortal.

Easily the worst I've ever seen.

Boring and uneventful. Some will claim that because it was a one score game for most of the duration it was "close" but after the first quarter it never felt like the Rams had any chance and were lucky to still be hanging around.

Blowout Super Bowls I've seen (say, Seahawks over Broncos or Ravens over Giants) at least felt like great units proving their elite dominance. This felt like two teams failing to execute and playing poorly. Just a total turd of a game. Credit to both defenses but man, especially in the Rams case it felt like inept offense.

6 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

And this mindset is exactly why the NFL keeps changing the damn rules and ruining this once great game. 

Watching Super Bowl LIII was like watching some idiot try to shove a square peg in a round hole while sitting in a freshly painted and poorly ventilated room. 

Not a Jets game so it automatically is diminished in entertainment value, but close game that wasn't decided until late 

Best news us that '18 is a thing of the past and it is time to move forward.

AAF, AFL, New York Streets, the new uniforms, the schedule, the draft, training camp, exhibition games and some huge steps forward for the Jets starting the week after Labor Day are all ahead. Yesterday is already forgotten. 

This was not the worst Super Bowl I've seen.  People old enough to remember Super Bowl V between the Colts and Cowboys will remember that game was far worse than what we witnessed yesterday. It was very pourly played, very boring and a turnover fest!!

In addition it was the first Super Bowl played after the merger.  The Colts were an NFL team moved to the AFC, so it felt like two NFC teams playing. Terrible!!

On 2/4/2019 at 12:58 AM, jetstream23 said:

It almost feels like the whole, "Rams will be the next dynasty" talk was completely taken out back and shot!  

Remember the last time these teams met in the Big Game?  Ricky Proehl stared into the TV camera. and proclaimed, “Tonight a dynasty is born, baby.”  That clip made in into Three Games to Glory.  I wonder if he remembers the moment as often as I do...

On 2/4/2019 at 11:15 AM, JetsFanatic said:

The Colts were an NFL team moved to the AFC, so it felt like two NFC teams playing. Terrible!!

I did not remember that.  I do remember the Colts being in the AFC East.  And the Colts/Ravens thing.  

NFL's Original 8: the Giants, Bears, Cardinals, Packers, Lions, Redskins, Eagles and Steelers. From 1944-1969 the Rams, Browns, 49ers, Vikings, Saints, Falcons, Cowboys and Colts were added and in 1969 the league merged with the AFL, adding ten new teams.

Thanks for encouraging me to google this and learn a little more about the origin of the NFL.

Archived