This sums up why I no longer like the NBA.

The rules favor offense because players aren’t allowed to stay in defensive positions in the paint longer than 3 seconds

plus the refs are all crooked gamefixers like Tim Donaghy plus the emphasis on creating super teams (all in the west and southwest) has made today’s nba unwatchable 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

On 2/4/2019 at 10:29 AM, Philc1 said:

The rules favor offense because players aren’t allowed to stay in defensive positions in the paint longer than 3 seconds

plus the refs are all crooked gamefixers like Tim Donaghy plus the emphasis on creating super teams (all in the west and southwest) has made today’s nba unwatchable 

The NBA is essentially what the NFL aspires to be. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

10 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

The NBA is essentially what the NFL aspires to be. 

Silver is actually worse than Goodell if that’s even possible but he’s done it.  Ratings are down 26% after they were down 6% for regular season the previous year while nfl was up 10% 

Hoarding all the superstars in the west and southwest no doubt is killing viewership as is the emphasis on offense and 3’s.  I miss the Heat-Knicks series of the late 90’s when  the score would be 75-73 call me old but that was more entertaining 

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Silver is actually worse than Goodell if that’s even possible but he’s done it.  Ratings are down 26% after they were down 6% for regular season the previous year while nfl was up 10% 

Hoarding all the superstars in the west and southwest no doubt is killing viewership as is the emphasis on offense and 3’s.  I miss the Heat-Knicks series of the late 90’s when  the score would be 75-73 call me old but that was more entertaining 

As I miss the Knicks Pacers rivalries as a youngin growing up as well. 

Some of my best sports memories. I grew up a Pacers fan, but seeing the Knicks be so bad for so long even bother's me as a Pacers fan that had respect for the Knicks knowing that you had to bring your best. Now they just give their good players away and sign bad players to legendary contracts. 

• Upvote 2

• 3 weeks later...

The league is unwatchable.  Harden will take 15 straight shoots in the final 4 minutes of a game for the sake of a streak, Westbrook won’t shoot and only pass for an entire 4th quarter for a tripe double and LeBron James is the biggest bitch superstar in the history of sports.  He is now calling out his entire team if they are about “basketball as their life”.  Meanwhile, he isn’t even remotely trying and it’s plainly obvious on the court and everyone knows he moved to LA to be part of the Hollywood circle.

When you’re biggest star is a whiny little bitch who quits and complains and throws everyone under the bus and never blames himself, it’s hard to follow the sport.  It’s so me first it’s not even funny.

I stick to college hoops.  100x better 

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, JiF said:

The league is unwatchable.  Harden will take 15 straight shoots in the final 4 minutes of a game for the sake of a streak, Westbrook won’t shoot and only pass for an entire 4th quarter for a tripe double and LeBron James is the biggest bitch superstar in the history of sports.  He is now calling out his entire team if they are about “basketball as their life”.  Meanwhile, he isn’t even remotely trying and it’s plainly obvious on the court and everyone knows he moved to LA to be part of the Hollywood circle.

When you’re biggest star is a whiny little bitch who quits and complains and throws everyone under the bus and never blames himself, it’s hard to follow the sport.  It’s so me first it’s not even funny.

I stick to college hoops.  100x better 

Kinda hard to defend Harden when you get called for a foul for just looking at him

If Lakers miss the playoffs watch them win the lottery

Oh, and Giannis Antekonompo - I have never seen a player travel as much as this guy does and ofcourse the refs just play ignorant

• 4 months later...
On 2/4/2019 at 7:29 AM, Philc1 said:

Refs do what the nba tells them to.

It' a part  of the same whole