Philc1

Why is no one allowed to talk about Edelman using PEDs?

3 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

If you were Belichick what would you do ?

Knowing Edelman was hurting and probably dealing with multiple Injuries due to the nature of playing in the slot does it make sense to heal up with Steroids face the 4 game suspension during a time you might be on the sidelines anyway and be ready for the last 12 games and playoffs ? if the NFL changed to a season long suspension I think you would see much less in the way of PED abuse. A 4 game suspension in the NFL means nothing other than allowing a player to heal up and be ready for the latter half of the season and playoff run.

How about:

You use PEDs then you are suspended until all the effects and benefits of using them has worn off. So full-on juicing to turn a soft/skinny QB into a chiseled physique should result in a suspension until he looks like he did before. I'm pretty sure the benefit lasts longer than 4 games even if you're no longer peeing it out after 4 weeks. 

17 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Some steroids can stay in your system for years. Very minute, insignificant amounts, but you could still piss hot for them. And PEDs encompass a whole lot, you can have a flabby bod and still be on a whole plethora of gear.

The point I was driving was more that it makes it easier to have one's body reach a desired level; after that point is reached and one is in maintenance mode rather than growth mode, steroids or other PEDs maybe are no longer necessary (certainly they're less necessary, while uninjured). But that maintenance-only level wouldn't have been reached without having used them in the first place. One doesn't return to rookie Tom Brady body immediately upon cessation of whatever enhancers were used in the first place. 

I take for granted all NFL players are in the gym; we're talking about those guys not someone theoretically juicing and lazing on a couch all day (or bulking up on whatever enhancer - steroids or otherwise - and then doing nothing thereafter). 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

The problem with that is you're lumping all PEDs into one big garbage can (i.e. turinabol with HGH with TRT). Some steroids can absolutely blow you up like a gorilla and then shrink you back down once you're off, but others simply better your reaction timing or recovery abilities without changing your physical appearance all that much if at all. It also depends greatly on the person. The biggest mistake anyone can make when it comes to PEDs and steroids especially is to look at someone's arm muscles and think it's as simple as that. The best thing the NFL can do is to implement some sort of USADA-like testing but even that's problematic for a billion other reasons (i.e. practicality and/or tainted supplements), but mostly because the players union would never agree to it.

OK juiceman

• Upvote 1

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company