Why is no one allowed to talk about Edelman using PEDs?

Philc1

1 hour ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:
1 hour ago, Philc1 said:

Oh Edelman runs so fast!

Yup, white guy at a skill position, ALWAYS open, ALWAYS making a big play, came out of what, some Division II school?.....when someone like that gets popped for taking something he shouldn’t have under league rules....color me totally unsurprised.

It's a racial thing?  Ok

LOL you think Edelman is the only NFL player using PED's. you think only the ones getting caught are using PED's? its the NFL, everyone is on PED's. hell even golfers and skeet shooters use PED's. 

Lance Armstrong passed over 1000 drug tests and never failed one. it took his low-life of a teammate to rat him out.

quit being so naive 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Philc1 said:

It’s an irrelevant joke if Edelman uses steroids but if Alex Rodriguez gets caught he deserves a lifetime ban 

That’s the major difference between MLB & NFL. No big deal if you are juicing in the NFL. 

2 hours ago, Philc1 said:

I know today Edelman is the darling of America but this weasel just served a 4-game suspension for PEDs (which of course Goodell won’t disclose what the PEDs were cough cough steroids)

i mean this is the same fan base that used to obsess over Alex Rodriguez being a roider to the point they sold Arod steroid needle t-shirts at games

Who cares! What's the point. 

PED's don't necessarily mean steroids.

I actually don't mind Edelman taking stuff with the injury he was coming off of, not to mention tainted supplements are a very real thing as well, so who knows. What I find bizarre is that the general public is sitting around and acting as if Brady isn't on sh*t. His entire nutrition and training practices are without question shady as all hell, not to mention he's cranking out Super Bowls into his 40's. It's absolutely true that some guys are just genetic freaks, but given Brady's dad bod it's a bit hard to believe he's one of those freaks.

3 hours ago, Philc1 said:

I know today Edelman is the darling of America but this weasel just served a 4-game suspension for PEDs (which of course Goodell won’t disclose what the PEDs were cough cough steroids)

i mean this is the same fan base that used to obsess over Alex Rodriguez being a roider to the point they sold Arod steroid needle t-shirts at games

Who cares about the PEDs?  The real question is how/why the so-called GOAT is paid like a middle of the pack QB for the last decade?  Salary cap circumvention via TB12?

3 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

If you were Belichick what would you do ?

Knowing Edelman was hurting and probably dealing with multiple Injuries due to the nature of playing in the slot does it make sense to heal up with Steroids face the 4 game suspension during a time you might be on the sidelines anyway and be ready for the last 12 games and playoffs ? if the NFL changed to a season long suspension I think you would see much less in the way of PED abuse. A 4 game suspension in the NFL means nothing other than allowing a player to heal up and be ready for the latter half of the season and playoff run.

How about:

You use PEDs then you are suspended until all the effects and benefits of using them has worn off. So full-on juicing to turn a soft/skinny QB into a chiseled physique should result in a suspension until he looks like he did before. I'm pretty sure the benefit lasts longer than 4 games even if you're no longer peeing it out after 4 weeks. 

1 hour ago, Gen X Jet said:

Who cares about the PEDs?  The real question is how/why the so-called GOAT is paid like a middle of the pack QB for the last decade?  Salary cap circumvention via TB12?

The smartest thing Brady did for his career was marry Giselle.  Female supermodels and just about anybody making money off of their body (athletes/models) are using HGH. She provides him the money he turns down from the patriots and the HGH/diet/training regimine that keeps him young. Gisele and Tom are on HGH, but not at the muscle building/performance enhancing dosages that most NFL players use.  They use therapeutic dosages to help keep them young. 

Peyton Manning was on it as well, then when rumors came out he and his wife were using it (his final season), he stopped. His play fell off a cliff that season. 

4 hours ago, Philc1 said:

All the talking heads shows on cable tv discussing the super bowl will anyone bring up that Edelman the mvp just got busted for PEDs?

CBS avoided that story like the plague. And had not a single story about the explosion of legal gambling. The NFL has pretty much given in on that but they must still ask the networks to not mention point spreads, under/over, and prop bets. This despite ad after ad for gambling sites during the regular season.  Nobody outside Pats' and the 6 Rams fans watched that game with any enthusiasm beyond gambling and box numbers.  

1 hour ago, Sperm Edwards said:

How about:

You use PEDs then you are suspended until all the effects and benefits of using them has worn off. So full-on juicing to turn a soft/skinny QB into a chiseled physique should result in a suspension until he looks like he did before. I'm pretty sure the benefit lasts longer than 4 games even if you're no longer peeing it out after 4 weeks. 

Some steroids can stay in your system for years. Very minute, insignificant amounts, but you could still piss hot for them. And PEDs encompass a whole lot, you can have a flabby bod and still be on a whole plethora of gear.

1 hour ago, Gen X Jet said:

In the past, NFL fined the Broncos and Niners after winning Super Bowls for cap violations; but they kept the Lombardis. Pats are almost certainly winking and nodding at Brady along those lines. More proof the cap is a bad joke to suppress salaries. It has nothing to do with "competitive balance". 

3 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

It's a racial thing?  Ok

Well you can actually say that race is most likely part of the equation in the Edelman situation.

It appears that he needs to cheat to do what he does on the field?  That’s not really debatable.

Instead of being oppositional to almost every post on this site try to think logically.

11 minutes ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

Well you can actually say that race is most likely part of the equation in the Edelman situation.

It appears that he needs to cheat to do what he does on the field?  That’s not really debatable.

Instead of being oppositional to almost every post on this site try to think logically.

Really?  He was caught, suspended according to league rule.  So how is that a racial situation?  See its like this, if he tested positive and they looked the other way it would be racial. It appears that a whole lot of the players in the NFL "cheat".  Start with a number of Jets this year.  But hey, theyre not hated.

I was oppositional because its illogical.  And no, not every post is that way.  Or makes the post right.  Logic has nothing to do with the comment about Edelman

2 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

How about:

I'm all for it !!

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

Really?  He was caught, suspended according to league rule.  So how is that a racial situation?  See its like this, if he tested positive and they looked the other way it would be racial. It appears that a whole lot of the players in the NFL "cheat".  Start with a number of Jets this year.  But hey, theyre not hated.

I was oppositional because its illogical.  And no, not every post is that way.  Or makes the post right.  Logic has nothing to do with the comment about Edelman

Most guys from Div II schools, undrafted or drafted low, who wind up tearing up the league need some help, substantially, to up their game.

Thats logical, since they would have been on many more teams maps if that incredible talent was there.  So is questioning how Brady can throw a ball 20-25 yards farther at 40 than he could at 20 years old.

2 minutes ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

Most guys from Div II schools, undrafted or drafted low, who wind up tearing up the league need some help, substantially, to up their game.

Thats logical, since they would have been on many more teams maps if that incredible talent was there.  So is questioning how Brady can throw a ball 20-25 yards farther at 40 than he could at 20 years old.

So Wayne Chrebet, Joe Klecko, etc all had help? 

Brady cannot throw long anymore.  He cant throw 25 yards longer than anyone in the league.  Throwing long last night didnt happen, had no effect on the game

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

So Wayne Chrebet, Joe Klecko, etc all had help? 

Brady cannot throw long anymore.  He cant throw 25 yards longer than anyone in the league.  Throwing long last night didnt happen, had no effect on the game

I don’t know about Chrebet, but it wouldn’t suppose me.  

You don’t know about Klecko?  And he’s one of my favorite Jets of all time.  The guy supposedly juiced, broke my heart to hear that.  That was the era, they all did.

3 minutes ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

I don’t know about Chrebet, but it wouldn’t suppose me.  

You don’t know about Klecko?  And he’s one of my favorite Jets of all time.  The guy supposedly juiced, broke my heart to hear that.  That was the era, they all did.

I dont know about Klecko?  No one knows what those guys did.  Some will say what they believe he did, no one has said they saw him do it.  So who knows.  But I'm not deciding that he did because he went to Temple and was a 7th round pick.  

11 minutes ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

******* guy was a QB.  Did Josh Cribbs need "some help, substantially, to up" his game?  

7 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Who said no one is allowed to talk about?

Aren't you talking about it right now?

What a paradox.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, HawkeyeJet said:

People comparing Lee are Edelman and missing one enormous point that Lee was suspended for controlled substances(party drugs) and Edelman was suspended for PEDs.  Big difference.

Just saw this picture and it’s very timely and pertanant to this thread...nah, he doesn’t juice hahaha.  I swear I hope when this so called dynasty is finished some people spill their guts.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/02/04/julian-edelman-mvp-honor-belongs-to-a-whole-group-of-guys/

26 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

******* guy was a QB.  Did Josh Cribbs need "some help, substantially, to up" his game?  

So he was “upping his game” before he got drafted too.  Look at the picture I just posted.

Hey believe what you want to believe and I’ll do the same.  Here it is again..

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/02/04/julian-edelman-mvp-honor-belongs-to-a-whole-group-of-guys/

Just now, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

So he was “upping his game” before he got drafted too.  Look at the picture I just posted.

Hey believe what you want to believe and I’ll do the same.  Here it is again..

Cause he is white? 

• Haha 1