Jets Release Spencer Long

JetNation

9 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Word in Miami was that Gase was getting into huge arguments with the actual owner of the Miami Dolphins. If this story is try, then maybe Landry, or the owner of the Dolphins wasn't the problem. Maybe Gase was the problem. Because after all, Landry is doing well in Cleveland and the Owner let Gase walk in just after 3 seasons.

https://www.thesportster.com/news/adam-gases-final-weeks-with-dolphins-was-full-of-massive-arguments-with-owner-stephan-ross/

Adam Gase's Final Weeks With Dolphins Was Full Of Massive Arguments With Owner Stephan Ross

The Miami Dolphins' decision to fire Adam Gase after a second straight losing and non-playoff season surprised many, but we now have more details as to what led to his demise in South Beach.

According to Armando Salguero of the Miami Herald, Miami owner Stephen Ross hadn't "pre-planned" firing Gase, and the decision was only made recently to relieve the 40-year-old of his duties. The firing stemmed from a series of arguments and disagreements in what the direction of the franchise should be.

Salguero cited something Ross said in the midst of the 2016 season, when the Dolphins were on way to reaching the postseason for the first time in eight years. Ross complimented the first-year head coach and said Gase "has already changed the culture of the Miami Dolphins."

That made Gase "livid," according to Salguero, since Miami only stood at 5-4 and "basically accomplished nothing" up to that point. That was only one of the first tipping points in their rocky three-year working relationships.

RELATED: NEW YORK JETS SET TO INTERVIEW ADAM GASE FOR HEAD COACH POSITION

Credit: Jasen Vinlove-USA TODAY Sports

Gase also didn't prioritize upgrading a terrible offensive line, rather deciding Miami needed to invest in its defense, per Salguero. When Ross "challenged" Gase about this, the latter "yelled at the owner about knowing more about football than he did," and a team member had to step in and stop the coach from talking to his owner in such a tone.

And finally, it was disagreements about what the direction of the franchise should be that spelled the end of Gase's tenure. He was ready to fire his defensive coordinator (Matt Burke), and cut ties with quarterback Ryan Tannehill, but ownership and management simply decided they wanted to try a different path. Hence, Gase was let go after three years.

What This Means

The Dolphins haven't had much success in the 21st century, and the constant failures by management can be seen as the key reason why. Gase did the most he could with a flawed roster, and it simply wasn't good enough for Miami ownership.

Gase has a handful of head coaching interviews lined up, so it doesn't seem like he's going to be out of work for very long anyway.

Bill Belichick would not put up with an owner like Kraft telling him who to keep or pay outside of the Brady transition. And I'm happy to bring on a guy like Gase that stood his ground. WTF does Stephen Ross know about football. 

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

See what I mean @genot? It's always an excuse for Gase. 

You present the possibility of Tannehill's stats going down because of Landry being traded. Now the moment I explain how that was Gase because he was in charge of the 53 man roster, suddenly Dcat says that Landry is an overpaid slot receiver. 

Now suddenly it's about money and not the production. 

Always excuses for this dude Gase, and THAT'S why I don't trust him. Folks are making too many excuses rather than Gase's track record speaking for itself. 

Now, folks are talking about how Landry was a locker room disrupter, yet no example of it. Also, locker room disrupters tend to disrupt other locker rooms they end up going to, though that isnt the case today, however, the same folks who mention that, dont say a word about Gase arguing with the owner of Stephen Ross. 

The excuses are at all-time heights. 

this isn't a "gase excuse" as you like to label things.  This is the truth regarding Landry.  81 receptions with over 150 targets is good but not great with only 4 TDs.  He wasn't worth the money.  Period.  He is also a major a-hole as everyone saw on HBO and it is a known fact that he was a locker room disruptor in Miami.    81 receptions last season with minimal impact.   You just love to color your own picture with the facts.  There were legitimate reasons for letting him go from Miami that made perfect sense.  Paint it any way you like....  but in no way was what I posted an "excuse".

It's like you come to conclusins and then hunt for any facts you can contort to fit your agenda.  You've really become a troll on this board.

45 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Bill Belichick would not put up with an owner like Kraft telling him who to keep or pay outside of the Brady transition. And I'm happy to bring on a guy like Gase that stood his ground. WTF does Stephen Ross know about football. 

Bro, did you seriously make a loose comparison of Gase to Belichick?

I cant even talk to fellow Jets fans right now. Belichick was winning championships as a coordinator long before ever becoming the legend he is today to even warrant that level of respect from an owner. 

What has Gase done to establish that type of credibility??? Folks talk without thinking about what they're saying. But, whatever we have to say to defend this guy folks will say it. He's won nothing as a qb coach, nothing as a coordinator and nothing as a head coach. He has no notable QB that he's groomed. 

45 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Word in Miami was that Gase was getting into huge arguments with the actual owner of the Miami Dolphins. If this story is try, then maybe Landry, or the owner of the Dolphins wasn't the problem. Maybe Gase was the problem. Because after all, Landry is doing well in Cleveland and the Owner let Gase walk in just after 3 seasons.

https://www.thesportster.com/news/adam-gases-final-weeks-with-dolphins-was-full-of-massive-arguments-with-owner-stephan-ross/

Adam Gase's Final Weeks With Dolphins Was Full Of Massive Arguments With Owner Stephan Ross

The Miami Dolphins' decision to fire Adam Gase after a second straight losing and non-playoff season surprised many, but we now have more details as to what led to his demise in South Beach.

According to Armando Salguero of the Miami Herald, Miami owner Stephen Ross hadn't "pre-planned" firing Gase, and the decision was only made recently to relieve the 40-year-old of his duties. The firing stemmed from a series of arguments and disagreements in what the direction of the franchise should be.

Salguero cited something Ross said in the midst of the 2016 season, when the Dolphins were on way to reaching the postseason for the first time in eight years. Ross complimented the first-year head coach and said Gase "has already changed the culture of the Miami Dolphins."

That made Gase "livid," according to Salguero, since Miami only stood at 5-4 and "basically accomplished nothing" up to that point. That was only one of the first tipping points in their rocky three-year working relationships.

RELATED: NEW YORK JETS SET TO INTERVIEW ADAM GASE FOR HEAD COACH POSITION

Credit: Jasen Vinlove-USA TODAY Sports

Gase also didn't prioritize upgrading a terrible offensive line, rather deciding Miami needed to invest in its defense, per Salguero. When Ross "challenged" Gase about this, the latter "yelled at the owner about knowing more about football than he did," and a team member had to step in and stop the coach from talking to his owner in such a tone.

And finally, it was disagreements about what the direction of the franchise should be that spelled the end of Gase's tenure. He was ready to fire his defensive coordinator (Matt Burke), and cut ties with quarterback Ryan Tannehill, but ownership and management simply decided they wanted to try a different path. Hence, Gase was let go after three years.

What This Means

The Dolphins haven't had much success in the 21st century, and the constant failures by management can be seen as the key reason why. Gase did the most he could with a flawed roster, and it simply wasn't good enough for Miami ownership.

Gase has a handful of head coaching interviews lined up, so it doesn't seem like he's going to be out of work for very long anyway.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/05/07/report-stephen-ross-wasnt-initially-on-board-with-minkah-fitzpatrick-pick/                            Loads of stories about this owner getting involved in personnel decisions. Let the football people do their job. That was the reason for all the bickering.

47 minutes ago, Dcat said:

this isn't a "gase excuse" as you like to label things.  This is the truth regarding Landry.  81 receptions with over 150 targets is good but not great with only 4 TDs.  He wasn't worth the money.  Period.  He is also a major a-hole as everyone saw on HBO and it is a known fact that he was a locker room disruptor in Miami.    81 receptions last season with minimal impact.   You just love to color your own picture with the facts.  There were legitimate reasons for letting him go from Miami that made perfect sense.  Paint it any way you like....  but in no way was what I posted an "excuse".

It's like you come to conclusins and then hunt for any facts you can contort to fit your agenda.  You've really become a troll on this board.

If its not an "excuse" then why are you talking about his stats and what "everykne knew" regarding hinmm and the locker room, and Hard knocks?

Lol 

16 minutes ago, genot said:

Oh, so finding a reason behind the bickering now justifies the coach arguing with the owner. 

Question. At the same time that you were looking for the reason behind the arguing between Gase and Ross, did you also look for the reason behind Landry and Gase? Or was the Landry situation just okay to chalk up as Landry being a locker room problem?

Lol....excuses. 

3 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

If its not an "excuse" then why are you talking about his stats and what "everykne knew" regarding hinmm and the locker room, and Hard knocks?

Lol 

Because you insinuated that Gase was in error (to put it politley) for not keeping him, when the reality is it was a smart move to get something back on a trade for him.  You are searching for negatives in all the wrong places.  Happy hunting.  Or should I say trolling?  You Browns fans need to understand how this board works.  :biggrin:

13 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Because you insinuated that Gase was in error (to put it politley) for not keeping him, when the reality is it was a smart move to get something back on a trade for him.  You are searching for negatives in all the wrong places.  Happy hunting.  Or should I say trolling?  You Browns fans need to understand how this board works.  :biggrin:

No, I didnt.  I insinuated that Genot using Landry's exit as the possible reason for Tannehill's regression has to be viewed as a Gase decision given that Gase made the decision. 

In otherwords, Genot was making a point on why Tannehill's season went the way it did and how that reflected on Gase indirectly. My response was that, Gase was literally in charge of the decision made...so whatever the outcome was, is a direct reflection of his decision making. 

Big difference

1 minute ago, Villain The Foe said:

No, I didnt.  I insinuated that Genot using Landry's exit as the possible reason for Tannehill's regression has to be viewed as a Gase decision given that Gase made the decision. 

In otherwords, Genot was making a point on why Tannehill's season went the way it did and how that reflected on Gase indirectly. My response was that, Gase was literally in charge of the decision made...so whatever the outcome was, is a direct reflection of his decision making. 

Big difference

So do you rip Gase for cutting Jarvis landry loose or not?   

8 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Oh, so finding a reason behind the bickering now justifies the coach arguing with the owner. 

Question. At the same time that you were looking for the reason behind the arguing between Gase and Ross, did you also look for the reason behind Landry and Gase? Or was the Landry situation just okay to chalk up as Landry being a locker room problem?

Lol....excuses. 

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/02/15/stephen-ross-loves-adam-gase-gives-him-three-years-to-produce/#comments   Read the article and comments posted by Dolphin fans. If you consider both articles i posted, then maybe you'll at least consider that Ross is a grade A a..hole, and he was the reason for the friction.

Just now, genot said:

Dolphins fans despise Ross more than Jets fans despise Woody.  It isn't even close.  Ross is a jerk. 

But that in no way justifies the Head Coach publicly arguing with the owner.  I sure hope Gase has learned a lesson from that mess.  He was wrong for letting himself do that and even worse, for not being careful enough to keep it all private.  

1 minute ago, Dcat said:

Dolphins fans despise Ross more than Jets fans despise Woody.  It isn't even close.  Ross is a jerk. 

But that in no way justifies the Head Coach publicly arguing with the owner.  I sure hope Gase has learned a lesson from that mess.  He was wrong for letting himself do that and even worse, for not being careful enough to keep it all private.  

I agree with you. Hopefully Gase can check his emotions in situations like that. I would have a hard time doing so, when a know nothing owner is always over my shoulder, talking about things he knows nothing about. Then having the nerve to give a 1st time HC, a an artificial three year timeline. Ross is a butthole.

16 minutes ago, genot said:

You're completely missing the point im making,  because you are ignoring the point im making. 

A comment was made about Landry being an issue and was traded. I didnt go on a mission to try to clear his name. I simply showed you that Gase also was. 

You're too deep in defense mode to see what's being said.

Ill agree to disagree. 

Archived