D.K. Metcalf

5 hours ago, Paradis said:

Indeed. I’m saying if he’s the guy, and by that I mean the medical checks out, and the workouts look good, then he’s the guy. What does it matter if he’s taken at 4 or 10 or 12 etc. no one will care to three years from now

I guess you haven’t seen all the Jamal Adams hate around here ? :) 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

59 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Every post and has a trade down clause. Someone look up when the last time we traded down. Like 1970? I wouldn’t hold your breath. 

Let me put it this way. Fck the dline. Need a pass rusher? Free Agency. Lots of them sh*ts. OLINE? They’re all flawed in some manner. How many WR1s make it to FA? Zero? Less than zero? If they’re was a stalwart OT, then sure. Bosa, sure.  

After that? Why not Metcalf

itll never happen for us btw, I would still like to at masterbate to the idea.

Until after the combine it's impossible to figure out where guys are going to go, Metcalf might not even be the first WR off the board. If he gets a clean bill of health and test well and guys like Brown, Brown, Harry, Harmon, Johnson, etc don't do amazing he'll probably be the number 1 WR off the  board but you never know.

As far as without trading down I still wouldn't want to take Metcalf. I'd rather take a Bosa, Johan, Gary,

or Quinnenin that order and then go for a WR, RB or OL in the 3rd. You'll have to wait until after the combine until I give you a list of names for the 3rd round.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

How would you say he compares to Stephen Hill? I'm really just being a wise ass but your description of this guy reminds me a lot of the people who would pump up Hill as the next coming.

Such high hopes and he was a total bust. Ya never really know.

8 hours ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

N'Keal Harry/Marquise Brown/Parris Campbell/Riley Ridley/Kelvin Harmon/AJ Brown/JJ Arcega Whiteside/Deebo Samuel are also legit #1 WR potential guys. 

Personally, N'Keal Harry is my #1 guy. I do think this year's combine is one of the most important combines for WRs that I can remember. We have a bunch of really talented, big kids that are pretty interchangeable. Their 40 times and other results could jump 1 or 2 to the top. 

From what little I've seen of Harry he kind of reminds me of Plaxico Burress at Michigan State. Big red zone target who fights for balls... 

1 hour ago, New York Mick said:

Until after the combine it's impossible to figure out where guys are going to go, Metcalf might not even be the first WR off the board. If he gets a clean bill of health and test well and guys like Brown, Brown, Harry, Harmon, Johnson, etc don't do amazing he'll probably be the number 1 WR off the  board but you never know.

As far as without trading down I still wouldn't want to take Metcalf. I'd rather take a Bosa, Johan, Gary,

or Quinnenin that order and then go for a WR, RB or OL in the 3rd. You'll have to wait until after the combine until I give you a list of names for the 3rd round.

to each their own, of course. I could give a sh*t about anybody on defense at this point not named Bosa @3... i just don't care. There's always an excuse about why we took Adams over Mike Williams. Leo over Gurley, etc... Enough. 

The combine is going to separate this group for sure. I think a lot of his "draft media darlings" are going to take it on the chin in Indy.

Kevin White? LOL. Really? Much smaller, speed WR from WVU Air Raid who had a brutal set of circumstances (fx shin requiring surgery and steel rod, rebroke next year). Bad luck for him, but a completely different type of receiver from Metcalf who played against higher level SEC competition and is about 2x his size and strength. 

Its like comparing Santonio Holmes and Megatron.

you guys should be following me on twitter. I've had a some good exchanges in recent weeks with Jeremiah, the Draft network crew and a handful of prospects. I just heard from one guys dad about the jets meeting him and get him to sign a waiver...

You're not gonna guess what position..

wait for it.....

Safety. hahahah

7 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Stephen Hill played in a triple option offense that threw the ball 3 times a game and used 1 guy (him) in 1 route (9). 

Taking Hill set our franchise back big time.  Could have had Jeffreys or Bobby Wagner which would have completely changed out defense for a decade.

11 minutes ago, DJF71 said:

Taking Hill set our franchise back big time.  Could have had Jeffreys or Bobby Wagner which would have completely changed out defense for a decade.

No it didnt. The 2010 Draft ****ed the Jets hard. Kyle Wilson, Vlad Ducasse, Joe McKnight and the Terminator. LOL. Thats the core draft we tried to build a team around a second year QB with....

• Sympathy 1

White 6'3"  215 coming into the league,

metcalfe 6'4" 225

white had massive production coming into the league.

I am not totally opposed to a wr at 3 and for sure later on but the lack of production in college is a concern.

I'd much rather trade down, take oline with our 1st pick and go wr after that.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

White 6'3"  215 coming into the league,

metcalfe 6'4" 225

white had massive production coming into the league.

I am not totally opposed to a wr at 3 and for sure later on but the lack of production in college is a concern.

I'd much rather trade down, take oline with our 1st pick and go wr after that.

They played completely different. White was a speed demon. Metcalf plays strong, is a jumper, has a great reach and better hands.