New York Jets Free Agent Candidate: WR Adam Humphries

Jetsfan80

I'd much rather they take a chance as on Eli Rogers for about half the cost.

Under no circumstances should they pursue Golden Taint.  Let someone else overpay him.

53 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Fast forward to March, when the Jets sign Tate to a 4-year, $50 million deal with $20 million in guarantees.

Pac:  "Remember when people said Macc was dumb and should be fired?  They have to feel awfully dumb right now."

At least your fairy tales are consistent.  I'm always playing the role of Macc defender despite the fact I lambasted him for the Fitzpatrick fiasco.

Sorry to spoil your narrative twerp, but if Macc wastes money on Golden Taint he will catch my ire.

51 minutes ago, JiF said:

This would 100% happen but I you have to admire Pac following Mac's vision perfectly here.

Why spend money on good players?  When you can literally throw money away on cheaper sh*ttier players guaranteed to suck and not be on the roster next season.  It's the Mac special and Pac approves! 

The fact that you've been giving Tate e-handjobs for months is all the proof necessary to make your opinion on this topic completely invalid.

6 minutes ago, JiF said:

Yes, me wanting the best WR on the market who has proven year over year to be reliable, healthy and consistently gets open and catches the ball to the a clip of 90 receptions a year to pair with my 22 year old QB is a terrible idea.

Instead, lets go get a guy who had 12 receptions last year and see how he does because that's how you develop a young QB!

Pac, man, you're smart.

In 18' Taint had 77 receptions for 795 yards and 4 TDs.

Robbie had 50 receptions for 752 and 6 TDs.

Your plan is to pay Tate 4 times more than Robbie for the same production.

Go to bed.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, JiF said:

Julian Edelman turns 33 next season.  The Pats should probably drop him when you think about it.

Antonio Brown turns 32 next season.  I wouldnt touch him if he was free of cost!!! 

Julio Jones turns 31 next season.  I wonder if the Falcons wise up and go younger!

AJ Green turns 31 next season.  I wouldnt take him for a 6th round pick. 

But if Eli Rodgers wants to come to NYC, I'd roll out the red carpet. 

Now Golden Tate is Antonio Brown..

Seriously...  go to bed.

2 minutes ago, JiF said:

That exactly what I said, hot take Pac!!!!! You're on fire!!!

Now, let's get back on the Eli Rodgers topic.  Did you see all 12 of his receptions last year?  They were amazzzzinnnnngggg!!!!

Eli Rogers will be a steal for whoever gets him for the money he'll get.  

Write it down.

Or would you rather we keep pretending I called him a #1 reciever?

6 minutes ago, JiF said:

Pac, hot take bro!!!!   Never mind the 5 season prior where he had over 90+ receptions and 1000+ yards!  Remember when the Super Bowl champs traded for him midseason and he had that go ahead catch in the playoffs this season?  

He was a complete non factor for the Eagles other than that catch.

But now that I know he had a decent season in 2013 I've changed my mind.  Let's give him 15 mil a year.

2 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Why are we comparing a Slot receiver to a Flanker? Tate is a Slot receiver. Right now, the only slot guys we have are Q (who should be a SE) and Deontay Burnett. Robbie Anderson is a Z all day. Golden Tate would be a great add as a reliable option at Slot, and if we draft D.K., we have him and Anderson outside, Q and Tate inside, and the ability to mix up looks on O. Ghost amd Jet sweeps to Q and Tate with 230lb Metcalf blocking downfield. Yummy. Then put LeVeon Bell at HB. 

Thats a scary offense. If O line is at least solid.....

The point is Golden Tate is not worth the money he'll be asking for.  Now if you're telling me he can be had for 5 Mil a year then sure - sign him.

Anything more than that is a waste of time and money.  I'd rather have Humphries than Tate but Rogers over both of them when taking money into account.

There is no game changing WR to be had in FA and anything Tate can do will be equal to or only slightly better than much less expensive alternatives.

• Thumb Down 1

Wow you're really doubling down on this Golden Tate thing.  Laughable.

Thankfully I dont see our Jets even giving him a call.