Sean McVay: Genius or Overrated???

Villain The Foe

Is Sean McVay a genius or overrated?   

61 members have voted

1. 1. Is Sean McVay a genius or overrated?

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All McVay has done is surround himself with talent and take credit. Genius in terms of climbing the ladder? Sure. Football? Meh. He needed 1 TD and couldn’t adjust vs an average Pats D to get it. He sucks imo.

Wade Phillips deserves a lot of credit for what the Rams are. 

31 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

All McVay has done is surround himself with talent and take credit. Genius in terms of climbing the ladder? Sure. Football? Meh. He needed 1 TD and couldn’t adjust vs an average Pats D to get it. He sucks imo.

Wade Phillips deserves a lot of credit for what the Rams are. 

How do you think he surrounded himself with talent?  Who picked Wade Phillips as his DC?  McVey coaches his team to a Superbowl appearance at 33 years old, he will grow as a coach.

rather humorous  comments from a long suffering fanbase of a franchise that can’t seem to pick the right players or coaches to even compete for the past 50 years.  

Slow your roll, worry about selecting your own players to develop and selecting the right coaches to develop them before breaking down a young coach who put it all together enough to turn a losing franchise into a Super Bowl bound team.

Take a few lessons.

18 minutes ago, HelenOfTroy said:

How do you think he surrounded himself with talent?  Who picked Wade Phillips as his DC?  McVey coaches his team to a Superbowl appearance at 33 years old, he will grow as a coach.

rather humorous  comments from a long suffering fanbase of a franchise that can’t seem to pick the right players or coaches to even compete for the past 50 years.  

Slow your roll, worry about selecting your own players to develop and selecting the right coaches to develop them before breaking down a young coach who put it all together enough to turn a losing franchise into a Super Bowl bound team.

Take a few lessons.

Good points. 

I think it's pretty funny that  performance and accountability are, once again, being " turned on their heads" , by some of  us here. Now, all of a sudden, the Rams success, and ascension to the upper echelon of the NFL is being credited to the magnificence of Wade Philips?  He, somehow, is carrying Sean McVay ?  Are you kidding me?  I, unlike many here don't always "go to the numbers" to prove a point.  But in this case, it is an absolute illustration of how erroneous this assumption is?  Despite elite talent on the defense,  Wade Phillips has produced  a defense that is at the top of the lower third of both the NFC and NFL in almost all statistical categories.  At the same time McVay's offense has risen to the top three in the league, both years, during his time at the helm of the Rams.  One game, even the Super Bowl doesn't change the reality of a two year sample size. Sean McVay approves of this message.

29 minutes ago, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

I think it's pretty funny that  performance and accountability are, once again, being " turned on their heads" , by some of  us here. Now, all of a sudden, the Rams success, and ascension to the upper echelon of the NFL is being credited to the magnificence of Wade Philips?  He, somehow, is carrying Sean Payton?  Are you kidding me?  I, unlike many here don't always "go to the numbers" to prove a point.  But in this case, it is an absolute illustration of how erroneous this assumption is?  Despite elite talent on the defense,  Wade Phillips has produced  a defense that is at the top of the lower third of both the NFC and NFL in almost all statistical categories.  At the same time McVay's offense has risen to the top three in the league, both years, during his time at the helm of the Rams.  One game, even the Super Bowl doesn't change the reality of a two year sample size. Sean McVay approves of this message.

I think you provide valid points. 

1 hour ago, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

I think it's pretty funny that  performance and accountability are, once again, being " turned on their heads" , by some of  us here. Now, all of a sudden, the Rams success, and ascension to the upper echelon of the NFL is being credited to the magnificence of Wade Philips?  He, somehow, is carrying Sean Payton?  Are you kidding me?  I, unlike many here don't always "go to the numbers" to prove a point.  But in this case, it is an absolute illustration of how erroneous this assumption is?  Despite elite talent on the defense,  Wade Phillips has produced  a defense that is at the top of the lower third of both the NFC and NFL in almost all statistical categories.  At the same time McVay's offense has risen to the top three in the league, both years, during his time at the helm of the Rams.  One game, even the Super Bowl doesn't change the reality of a two year sample size. Sean McVay approves of this message.

Wade Phillips is the Rams DC and Sean Payton is the Saints HC so no I don’t think he is carrying Payton !

2 hours ago, HelenOfTroy said:

Take a few lessons.

His picking Wade is in fact an example of surrounding himself with talent. This reply is ignorant and unnecessarily attacks our whole fan base.

eat a dick.

4 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

His picking Wade is in fact an example of surrounding himself with talent. This reply is ignorant and unnecessarily attacks our whole fan base.

eat a dick.

Must have struck a nerve....usually happens when an uncomfortable truth is presented.  

My point is, McVey is the one that chose the DC, drafted players and free agents to help his QB.

You eat a banana you vulgar Neanderthal. I’ll eat cake.

4 hours ago, HelenOfTroy said:

Must have struck a nerve....usually happens when an uncomfortable truth is presented.  

My point is, McVey is the one that chose the DC, drafted players and free agents to help is QB.

You eat a banana, you vulgar Neanderthal. I’ll eat cake.

Good point. 

I'll take a slice of cake as well. 

:-) 

1 hour ago, Jets86 said:

He was taken to the woodshed by Belichick. No shame in that. I'd take McVay as Jets coach any day.

Goff playing soft didn’t do him any favors

Mark Sanchez and Geno Smith have had way better games facing Belichick’s defenses

3 hours ago, HelenOfTroy said:

My point is, McVey is the one that chose the DC, drafted players and free agents to help his QB.

You eat a dick, you vulgar Neanderthal. I’ll eat cake.

Bro. Your point is simply illustrating the point I made. You didn’t strike a nerve. You just don’t know. Wtf you’re talking about. You think we’re having an argument, but you’re agreeing with me... but at a 3rd grade reading level.

3 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Actually Einstein never made that comment.  In fact he was no fan of Tesla.  

Hey Jet Nut! :-) My bad, It was a joke made towards a troll. My intention wasnt to present incredible accuracy, but rather to return the troll-job.

And I would say that it was Tesla as well that was no fan of Einstein, or Edison for that matter. Not because of personal feelings, but because these guys were either perverting science and passing theories off as science or stealing actual inventions and claiming themselves as the inventor.

From my understanding, this one here...real quote. And I agree with it. 

vlcsnap-5580-12-19-08h56m31s885.png

2 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

Hey Jet Nut! :-) My bad, It was a joke made towards a troll. My intention wasnt to present incredible accuracy, but rather to return the troll-job.

And I would say that it was Tesla as well that was no fan of Einstein, or Edison for that matter. Not because of personal feelings, but because these guys were either perverting science and passing theories off as science or stealing actual inventions and claiming themselves as the inventor.

From my understanding, this one here...real quote. And I agree with it. 

vlcsnap-5580-12-19-08h56m31s885.png

LOL, not a big deal.  But do remember this, Tesla was a whack job who eventually went crazy.  He imagined a hell of a lot of things and has become a weird sort of poster boy for being ripped off when its hard to figure out where and when it happened.  

Good science and history discussion though, lol

On 2/9/2019 at 7:48 PM, Philc1 said:

Goff playing soft didn’t do him any favors

Mark Sanchez and Geno Smith have had way better games facing Belichick’s defenses

Goff failed to hit open receivers. He was confused when McVay wasn't in his ear. At some point, the QB can't be coddled anymore.

12 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

LOL, not a big deal.  But do remember this, Tesla was a whack job who eventually went crazy. 

A whack job, based on "whose" account? 

He imagined a hell of a lot of things and has become a weird sort of poster boy for being ripped off when its hard to figure out where and when it happened.  

Good science and history discussion though, lol

The only person who imagined a hell of a lot of things and became a poster child for being "a genius", was Einstein. Example:

How many inventions or discoveries by Einstein impact your life today, "throughout the day", on a daily basis? Einstein theories and concepts are literal imaginations, because they're his ideas. That's exactly where theories and concepts come from. lol. 

How many inventions or discoveries by Tesla impact your life today, "throughout the day", on a daily basis? Let's go through some of them in order to show how far beyond his time this "alleged whack job" was. 

You woke up this morning from an electrical alarm clock, you can thank Tesla. 

You wife, girlfriend or daughter uses a blow dryer to dry their hair, you can thank Tesla for parts used in blow dryers. 

When you go to your local store or barbershop and see their neon lights, you can thank Tesla for his creation of neon lights. 

If you live in Buffalo NY or NYC and you receive energy by way of Niagra Falls, you can thank Tesla. 

Using your phone to browse the web wirelessly? You can thank Tesla for his discovery of harnessing energy/signals wirelessly.

You injured your arm and need an x-ray? You can thank Tesla for his contribution of establishing a clearer x-ray picture called "Shadow Graphs". 

Listened to the radio driving to work? you can thank Tesla for better signal transmission...or the radio itself given his discovery of Radio Frequency signals (RF signals). 

You have a television and change channels with your remote control, you can thank Tesla for RF signals once again. 

Matter of fact, is there any electrical device that you plug into your wall in order to receive AC electricity? You can most definitely thank Tesla, as AC electricity is the global standard...which is his invention.  

How archeologist realized that the Great Pyramids of Giza were not a Pharaoh's tomb but an energy transmitter (the fact that they've yet to find a tomb in the Great pyramid supports this)? You can thank Tesla, as his "magnifying transmitter" works exactly the same way as the Pyramid's did, and both got their energy from underground water streams.....or "aquifers" on top of which they were built in order to harness and control the free energy generated by these aquifers. 

If Einstein never existed, nothing in your life would change because of it, outside of things we believe such as his genius on subjects such as energy....which again is all theoretical. 

If Tesla never existed, everything in your life would change because his influence is outside of "genius posterboy status" but in the real material world, as he was in inventor in the area of energy, frequency and vibration. 

So how in the world is Einstein considered a genius because of his theories of energy and math which has literally been posterized as scientific genius by overseers, yet those theories only live in the world of sci-fi television shows with a Darwin-like evolution foundation?  Yet, Tesla is considered a whack job though his literal and verifiable contributions in the energy and math field impacts this world more than arguably any other inventor after him? Who's the poster boy again?

Tesla is arguably the most influential scientist to ever live, based on his direct influence on the world AFTER his death. Einstein meanwhile lives on through poster boy popularity to the point that his name, and "genius" are interchangeable, yet he has contributed nothing to the space of real scientific discovery. Simply put, Einstein isnt a scientist, but a philosopher. 

I could even talk about inventions of his that has been ignored because it interrupts capitalism. Cars run on piston engines, not because there arent better options, but because of oil sales...sales by some of the same aristocrats that were his competitors back in the day (the same folks who were the alleged arsonists who burned down two of his projects). 

There's a difference between imagining a lot of things, and not even knowing whose inventions have been impacting your life every day since you've been born, and the inventor who's been impacting your life so immensely, was so ahead of his time that he was born over 160 years ago. 

A theorizing philosopher who's genius sits on nothing tangible or verifiable...yet "can't be challenged" due to poster boy status: Einstein

A scientific discoverer whose genius is verifiable simply by going about your day, yet is labeled a whack job: Tesla.

^^^^^The world we live in. 

As the great comedian Dave Chappelle once said. 

As well as take this relevant quote from Jay Z's Blueprint album:

"Cuz a dude wear a kufi (an image) it dont mean that he bright.

Cuz you dont understand him, it dont mean that he nice (a genius).

It just means you dont understand all the bullsh*t that he write.

17 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Okay, Einstein wasnt a genius and Tesla wasnt crazy.  LOL, don't know what our why you're ranting.  But it is the typical Tesla love story.  He was a whack because he went crazy.  

It's only a rant when folks have no comeback. No one's upset here. You included yourself in the conversation and made a statement that wasnt true. Clarifying real from fantasy isnt ranting, that's clarification. 

^^^^^^^^^Not a rant. 

21 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

It's only a rant when folks have no comeback. No one's upset here. You including yourself in the conversation and made a statement that wasnt true. Clarifying real from fantasy isnt ranting, that's clarification. 

^^^^^^^^^Not a rant. 

You have no idea what you are talking about.  I haven't made one statement here that wasn't true.  No matter how many paragraphs you write on the subject. Or stupid rap songs you quote. Tesla went crazy, you don't get that fine.  Knocking someone else doesn't change it anymore than a 10000 word response.  Your Einstein quote was wrong, he never said it.  You couldn't leave it.  And if you don't want people including themselves into conversations, when you were wrong, don't post on public forums and then get annoyed.

5 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

It's only a rant when folks have no comeback. No one's here upset. You including yourself in the conversation and made a statement that wasnt true. Clarifying real from fantasy isnt ranting, that's clarification. 

^^^^^^^^^Not a rant. 

^^^^^Folks, you’re done here.  

Archived