Jump to content
Villain The Foe

Sean McVay: Genius or Overrated???

Rate this topic

Is Sean McVay a genius or overrated?   

61 members have voted

  1. 1. Is Sean McVay a genius or overrated?



Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, Dcat said:

haha  good one.  But you are still a troll and not a fan.

He’s playing with you folks...and he’s unapologetic about it, and best of all, backs up his points intelligently while throwing in some snark.  He’s straight up. 

Don’t fall into his trap, lol.  Enjoy the volley. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, HelenOfTroy said:

He’s playing with you folks...and he’s unapologetic about it, and best of all, backs up his points intelligently while throwing in some snark.  He’s straight up. 

Don’t fall into his trap, lol.  Enjoy the volley. 

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Truth. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Truth. 

I have two nephews that are the light of my life....one received the highest score in the country on his MCAT, the other a genius that graduated at 19 with his degree in civil engineering.  I had so much fun with them!  

I indulged them, and have to admit, loved their complete ownership in debates with fools.  Not that anyone here is a fool, mind you. 😏

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Matt nagy did the same thing this year that mcvay did last year.  Are all these guys geniuses?

No.

Isn’t Nagy 40?  7 years difference in age and experience is significant.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/8/2019 at 9:07 AM, Villain The Foe said:

Better than being underrated as he was this time last year. 

being proud of being a Baker Fangirl ...     takes a unique kinda quiff

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All McVay has done is surround himself with talent and take credit. Genius in terms of climbing the ladder? Sure. Football? Meh. He needed 1 TD and couldn’t adjust vs an average Pats D to get it. He sucks imo.

Wade Phillips deserves a lot of credit for what the Rams are. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

All McVay has done is surround himself with talent and take credit. Genius in terms of climbing the ladder? Sure. Football? Meh. He needed 1 TD and couldn’t adjust vs an average Pats D to get it. He sucks imo.

Wade Phillips deserves a lot of credit for what the Rams are. 

How do you think he surrounded himself with talent?  Who picked Wade Phillips as his DC?  McVey coaches his team to a Superbowl appearance at 33 years old, he will grow as a coach.

rather humorous  comments from a long suffering fanbase of a franchise that can’t seem to pick the right players or coaches to even compete for the past 50 years.  

Slow your roll, worry about selecting your own players to develop and selecting the right coaches to develop them before breaking down a young coach who put it all together enough to turn a losing franchise into a Super Bowl bound team.

Take a few lessons.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, HelenOfTroy said:

How do you think he surrounded himself with talent?  Who picked Wade Phillips as his DC?  McVey coaches his team to a Superbowl appearance at 33 years old, he will grow as a coach.

rather humorous  comments from a long suffering fanbase of a franchise that can’t seem to pick the right players or coaches to even compete for the past 50 years.  

Slow your roll, worry about selecting your own players to develop and selecting the right coaches to develop them before breaking down a young coach who put it all together enough to turn a losing franchise into a Super Bowl bound team.

Take a few lessons.

Good points. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it's pretty funny that  performance and accountability are, once again, being " turned on their heads" , by some of  us here. Now, all of a sudden, the Rams success, and ascension to the upper echelon of the NFL is being credited to the magnificence of Wade Philips?  He, somehow, is carrying Sean McVay ?  Are you kidding me?  I, unlike many here don't always "go to the numbers" to prove a point.  But in this case, it is an absolute illustration of how erroneous this assumption is?  Despite elite talent on the defense,  Wade Phillips has produced  a defense that is at the top of the lower third of both the NFC and NFL in almost all statistical categories.  At the same time McVay's offense has risen to the top three in the league, both years, during his time at the helm of the Rams.  One game, even the Super Bowl doesn't change the reality of a two year sample size. Sean McVay approves of this message.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

I think it's pretty funny that  performance and accountability are, once again, being " turned on their heads" , by some of  us here. Now, all of a sudden, the Rams success, and ascension to the upper echelon of the NFL is being credited to the magnificence of Wade Philips?  He, somehow, is carrying Sean Payton?  Are you kidding me?  I, unlike many here don't always "go to the numbers" to prove a point.  But in this case, it is an absolute illustration of how erroneous this assumption is?  Despite elite talent on the defense,  Wade Phillips has produced  a defense that is at the top of the lower third of both the NFC and NFL in almost all statistical categories.  At the same time McVay's offense has risen to the top three in the league, both years, during his time at the helm of the Rams.  One game, even the Super Bowl doesn't change the reality of a two year sample size. Sean McVay approves of this message.

I think you provide valid points. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

I think it's pretty funny that  performance and accountability are, once again, being " turned on their heads" , by some of  us here. Now, all of a sudden, the Rams success, and ascension to the upper echelon of the NFL is being credited to the magnificence of Wade Philips?  He, somehow, is carrying Sean Payton?  Are you kidding me?  I, unlike many here don't always "go to the numbers" to prove a point.  But in this case, it is an absolute illustration of how erroneous this assumption is?  Despite elite talent on the defense,  Wade Phillips has produced  a defense that is at the top of the lower third of both the NFC and NFL in almost all statistical categories.  At the same time McVay's offense has risen to the top three in the league, both years, during his time at the helm of the Rams.  One game, even the Super Bowl doesn't change the reality of a two year sample size. Sean McVay approves of this message.

Wade Phillips is the Rams DC and Sean Payton is the Saints HC so no I don’t think he is carrying Payton !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, HelenOfTroy said:

How do you think he surrounded himself with talent?  Who picked Wade Phillips as his DC?  McVey coaches his team to a Superbowl appearance at 33 years old, he will grow as a coach.

rather humorous  comments from a long suffering fanbase of a franchise that can’t seem to pick the right players or coaches to even compete for the past 50 years.  

Slow your roll, worry about selecting your own players to develop and selecting the right coaches to develop them before breaking down a young coach who put it all together enough to turn a losing franchise into a Super Bowl bound team.

Take a few lessons.

His picking Wade is in fact an example of surrounding himself with talent. This reply is ignorant and unnecessarily attacks our whole fan base.

eat a dick.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

His picking Wade is in fact an example of surrounding himself with talent. This reply is ignorant and unnecessarily attacks our whole fan base.

eat a dick.

Must have struck a nerve....usually happens when an uncomfortable truth is presented.  

My point is, McVey is the one that chose the DC, drafted players and free agents to help his QB.

You eat a banana you vulgar Neanderthal. I’ll eat cake.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



Content Partnership

Yes Network

Websites, SEO & Social Media

Mile Social
×