Sean McVay: Genius or Overrated???

Villain The Foe

Is Sean McVay a genius or overrated?   

61 members have voted

1. 1. Is Sean McVay a genius or overrated?

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

You have no idea what you are talking about.  I haven't made one statement here that wasn't true.  No matter how many paragraphs you write on the subject. Or stupid rap songs you quote. Tesla went crazy, you don't get that fine.  Knocking someone else doesn't change it anymore than a 10000 word response.

Sometimes it’s just better to concede defeat, and back out with some shred of dignity.  Do it...now.  

13 minutes ago, HelenOfTroy said:
13 minutes ago, HelenOfTroy said:

Sometimes it’s just better to concede defeat, and back out with some shred of dignity.  Do it...now.  

Defeat?  The Einstein statement was wrong and Tesla went crazy.  If that's defeated, ok. 

Wow, just wow.  I'm done

3 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Defeat?  The Einstein statement was wrong and Tesla went crazy.  If that's defeated, ok. 

Wow, just wow.  I'm done

Since when does “went crazy” negate Tesla’s accomplishments, his genius and discoveries that transformed the world?  

Why even mention the “crazy” in rebuttal?  

3 hours ago, HelenOfTroy said:

Since when does “went crazy” negate Tesla’s accomplishments, his genius and discoveries that transformed the world?  

Why even mention the “crazy” in rebuttal?  

Perhaps a reading course is in your future.  Because not once did I attempt to negate anything that Tesla did.  

And when he died he was pennieless and gone a bit crazy.  If those facts lead you to believe I negated any of his accomplishments, you suck with that line of thinking.  Funny you didn't seem to have an issue with someone trying to negate Einstein.  But you and your buddy had a fine time telling me I should quit because I was wrong.  Would help if you got any of it right.  History or what I said about Tesla.  

18 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

You have no idea what you are talking about.  I haven't made one statement here that wasn't true.  

Yes you did. Here it goes below. 

On 2/10/2019 at 11:19 PM, Jet Nut said:

LOL, not a big deal.  But do remember this, Tesla was a whack job who eventually went crazy.  He imagined a hell of a lot of things and has become a weird sort of poster boy for being ripped off when its hard to figure out where and when it happened.  

Good science and history discussion though, lol

#1. He didnt just imagine a ton of things, things that are being created today are things he discovered 100 years ago. 

#2. Here's a clear instance of when Tesla got ripped off, and anyone with just basic knowledge of the history behind Tesla would know this. He was ripped off by Thomas Edison when working for Edison's company. Edison stated that he would pay Tesla a sum of money if he could fix/enhance his DC electric issue. Tesla created something much more efficient and practical than Edison's DC in every way. Edison went back on his word of paying Tesla and that's when Tesla left Edison's company. This is how Tesla even ended up in a position to begin working with George Westinghouse.

3. I asked you again "A whack job based on whose account", which you conveniently ignored. The truth is, Tesla was simply an eccentric individual who wasnt the center of attention, money hungry type that wanted to be idolized by "underlings" for his accomplishments. He was about his ideas and giving those ideas to the world. This is why he would stay in his home or in his office. Also, if this guy was so crazy and off his rocker, then the FBI wouldnt have confiscated everything in his room and keep it under wraps for 80 years, only to release some "declassified" information on the case in 2016 due to a freedom of information act that was filed. 

That's why Auntie Linda said this to you...

18 hours ago, HelenOfTroy said:

18 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Wow, just wow.  I'm done

11 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Perhaps a reading course is in your future.  Because not once did I attempt to negate anything that Tesla did.  

And when he died he was pennieless and gone a bit crazy.  If those facts lead you to believe I negated any of his accomplishments, you suck with that line of thinking.  Funny you didn't seem to have an issue with someone trying to negate Einstein.  But you and your buddy had a fine time telling me I should quit because I was wrong.  Would help if you got any of it right.  History or what I said about Tesla.  

You did attempt to negate his contributions by solely labeling him as a crazy whack job who had nothing but imaginations and became a weird poster boy for allegedly getting ripped off. 

Also, Tesla didnt die penny-less, given that his room and board was paid by the board members of Westinghouse, which was partly, a function of his royalties. Royalties are an asset, is it not? He did however not become the 2nd Billionaire in history (Family of the Red Shield being the 1st) given the fact that he wasnt driven by money like Edison and others. His success was based directly on his contribution to the world. And to prove this fact along with showing how he was not crazy that this is a direct quote of his that you can also find on his wiki page: 

"Let the future tell the truth and evaluate each one according to his work and accomplishments. The present is theirs; the future, for which I really worked, is mine"

https://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Nikola_Tesla

100 years later, is this quote not true? Is Tesla not the most impactful inventor of today, even after his death almost a century ago? Do crazy people say brilliant things like this and it be true? How rich and important are his inventions in todays time??? The only thing crazy about Tesla was how "crazy accurate" this quote of his was. 

Also, no one had a problem with my Einstein position because I wasnt trying to make people believe that he was some sort of whack job crazy person. I simply showed that Einstein really wasnt a scientist, but a philosopher, given that what Einstein is most praised for are his "theories", not "discoveries" or "inventions". And the only thing that I was TRULY NEGATING was his "Genius poster boy status" that society has declared him, by asking the simple question "How is Einstein impacting your life on a daily basis" (Which you also never answered by the way)? And my questioning of Einsteins contribution is valid, simply by using the above quote by Tesla and then associating it to Einstein's contributions while looking at the world today.  

You werent comprehending what was being said, and that's why Auntie L said it was done. She could clearly see that you werent dealing with anything being presented to you, all you did was deflect or try to move the goalpost by changing the topic of discussion, like you tried to do below. Oh, and speaking of rants and tirades, lets re-review this quote of yours again and highlight those tirades. Lets see who's really ranting here. 

You have no idea what you are talking about.  I haven't made one statement here that wasn't true.  No matter how many paragraphs you write on the subject. Or stupid rap songs you quote. Tesla went crazy, you don't get that fine.  Knocking someone else doesn't change it anymore than a 10000 word response.  Your Einstein quote was wrong, he never said it.  You couldn't leave it.  And if you don't want people including themselves into conversations, when you were wrong, don't post on public forums and then get annoyed.

Even worse, you try to save face with this "Your Einstein quote was wrong, he never said it" statement as if I didnt explain this to you right here...

Hey Jet Nut!  My bad, It was a joke made towards a troll. My intention wasnt to present incredible accuracy, but rather to return the troll-job.

But the best thing of all, is you trying to flip this conversation as me being wrong about the quote that I cleared up before you were then checked for the incorrect statement you made back at the beginning of this response to you. But more importantly, look at how I didnt run from the fact that you made a valid point, but instead acknowledged your position by explaining why I even used the quote. 

Before you call this a rant, then proceed to go on a rant, how about accepting the fact that maybe your position was a bit off. OR, present facts to support your position rather than talking about my 10,000 word responses, stupid rap quotes and saying that I have no idea what im talking about...meanwhile my 10,000 words and stupid quotes clearly show's that I've been the only person in this conversation supporting my position with facts and truths...instead of feelings and emotions...such as:

Wow, just wow.  I'm done

How does "Wow" support your position? You accept no defeat, but all you can think up is how "wow'd" you are by the thought that someone felt like you should take your defeat with some class? The only thing I can say to this response of yours is..."Wow".

Now that I addressed these shenanigans, I will go and do what Auntie said and leave it here.

3 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

#1. He didnt just imagine a ton of things, things that are being created today are things he discovered 100 years ago. 

#2. Here's a clear instance of when Tesla got ripped off, and anyone with just basic knowledge of the history behind Tesla would know this. He was ripped off by Thomas Edison when working for Edison's company. Edison stated that he would pay Tesla a sum of money if he could fix/enhance his DC electric issue. Tesla created something much more efficient and practical than Edison's DC in every way. Edison went back on his word of paying Tesla and that's when Tesla left Edison's company. This is how Tesla even ended up in a position to begin working with George Westinghouse.

3. I asked you again "A whack job based on whose account", which you conveniently ignored. The truth is, Tesla was simply an eccentric individual who wasnt the center of attention, money hungry type that wanted to be idolized by "underlings" for his accomplishments. He was about his ideas and giving those ideas to the world. This is why he would stay in his home or in his office. Also, if this guy was so crazy and off his rocker, then the FBI wouldnt have confiscated everything in his room and keep it under wraps for 80 years, only to release some "declassified" information on the case in 2016 due to a freedom of information act that was filed. 

You did attempt to negate his contributions by solely labeling him as a crazy whack job who had nothing but imaginations and became a weird poster boy for allegedly getting ripped off. 

Also, Tesla didnt die penny-less, given that his room and board was paid by the board members of Westinghouse, which was partly, a function of his royalties. Royalties are an asset, is it not? He did however not become the 2nd Billionaire in history (Family of the Red Shield being the 1st) given the fact that he wasnt driven by money like Edison and others. His success was based directly on his contribution to the world. And to prove this fact along with showing how he was not crazy that this is a direct quote of his that you can also find on his wiki page: 

"Let the future tell the truth and evaluate each one according to his work and accomplishments. The present is theirs; the future, for which I really worked, is mine"

100 years later, is this quote not true? Is Tesla not the most impactful inventor of today, even after his death almost a century ago? Do crazy people say brilliant things like this and it be true? How rich and important are his inventions in todays time??? The only thing crazy about Tesla was how "crazy accurate" this quote of his was. 

Also, no one had a problem with my Einstein position because I wasnt trying to make people believe that he was some sort of whack job crazy person. I simply showed that Einstein really wasnt a scientist, but a philosopher, given that what Einstein is most praised for are his "theories", not "discoveries" or "inventions". And the only thing that I was TRULY NEGATING was his "Genius poster boy status" that society has declared him, by asking the simple question "How is Einstein impacting your life on a daily basis" (Which you also never answered by the way)? And my questioning of Einsteins contribution is valid, simply by using the above quote by Tesla and then associating it to Einstein's contributions while looking at the world today.  

You werent comprehending what was being said, and that's why Auntie L said it was done. She could clearly see that you werent dealing with anything being presented to you, all you did was deflect or try to move the goalpost by changing the topic of discussion, like you tried to do below. Oh, and speaking of rants and tirades, lets re-review this quote of yours again and highlight those tirades. Lets see who's really ranting here. 

Even worse, you try to save face with this "Your Einstein quote was wrong, he never said it" statement as if I didnt explain this to you right here...

But the best thing of all, is you trying to flip this conversation as me being wrong about the quote that I cleared up before you were then checked for the incorrect statement you made back at the beginning of this response to you. But more importantly, look at how I didnt run from the fact that you made a valid point, but instead acknowledged your position by explaining why I even used the quote. 

Before you call this a rant, then proceed to go on a rant, how about accepting the fact that maybe your position was a bit off. OR, present facts to support your position rather than talking about my 10,000 word responses, stupid rap quotes and saying that I have no idea what im talking about...meanwhile my 10,000 words and stupid quotes clearly show's that I've been the only person in this conversation supporting my position with facts and truths...instead of feelings and emotions...such as:

How does "Wow" support your position? You accept no defeat, but all you can think up is how "wow'd" you are by the thought that someone felt like you should take your defeat with some class? The only thing I can say to this response of yours is..."Wow".

Now that I addressed these shenanigans, I will go and do what Auntie said and leave it here.

You are the most annoying type of poster.  He went insane, sorry if you don't like it.  He wondered the streets of NYC feeding birds, a broken man.  Has nothing to do with his earlier accomplishments.  You think by propping up all he did accomplish, that anyone would agree he accomplished it somehow proves he didn't become the broken, reclusive wanderer that he was.  He was a great mind, no one is arguing that.  He lost it in the end.  Argue all you want.  

A simple comment, that your Einstein quote was wrong, and it was, has sent you off on a 20 paragraph rant talking about Tessa's.  God forbid you just leave it and move on.  Bye. 

20 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Wow, just wow.  I'm done

I actually knew a guy who was related to Einstein

You want to talk about the apple falling far from the tree? 

43 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Supporting my position with facts will do that to people who seem not to be able to do the same. 

Always going the ad hominem route. Typical.

Youre supporting nothing.  You just go on and on and on explaining something you for some reason think you need to prove.  I never said one disparaging comment about Teslas contributions, his genius, whatever.  He was a genius, anyone with half a brain gets this.  He went crazy in he end.  Sorry, its a fact.  He was a recluse.  Fact.  He lost all his money, fact.  He was maybe the worst business man in the history of science.  None of which diminishes what he accomplished.  If you didnt go on your rant trying to pound away at what no one is disputing and actually read what I wrote you would have gotten that.  But that wont ever happen.  So F' it, no one can get through to you

26 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Youre supporting nothing.  

Saying this, is empty words without proof. What you mean to say is "what you said to support your argument I will ignore in order to conclude that you supported nothing". 

That's more accurate. You'd rather fuss than deal with the topic. To "support" that statement, you'd rather talk about me than the topic. 

4 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Saying this, is empty words without proof. What you mean to say is "what you said to support your argument I will ignore in order to conclude that you supported nothing". 

That's more accurate. You'd rather fuss than deal with the topic. To "support" that statement, you'd rather talk about me than the topic. 

OMG you are totally annoying.  

You have no idea what you are arguing about, its just pointless 

7 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

I tried to tell him....he came to a gun fight with a butter knife.  ?

5 hours ago, HelenOfTroy said:

I tried to tell him....he came to a gun fight with a butter knife.  ?

He was too busy trying to associate feeding birds in the park in your 70's and 80's with being a crazy person. Speaking of crazy people and pets...

You want to know what's actually crazy? Tesla's competitor, Edison was stealing and electrocuting animals as part of a smear campaign in order to frighten people into believing that Tesla's AC electricity was dangerous in comparison to his DC version...even though he knew that was false. The same guy who invented the electric chair. This Dude would rather kill and lie than to lose.

But, because he didnt die penniless and was electrocuting birds, not feeding them like Tesla, that makes Edison more of a sane individual.

11 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

He was too busy trying to associate feeding birds in the park in your 70's and 80's with being a crazy person. Speaking of pets...

You want know what's actually crazy? Tesla's competitor, Edison was stealing and electrocuting animals as part of a smear campaign in order to frighten people into believing that Tesla's AC electricity was dangerous in comparison to his DC version...even though he knew that was false. The same guy who invented the electric chair. This Dude would rather kill and lie than to lose.

But, because he didnt die penniless and was electrocuting birds, not feeding them like Tesla, that makes Edison more of a sane individual.

Good Lord.  I researched Edison a bit when my youngest was diagnosed with Aspergers at 5 years old, I determined at that time that he was a horror of a human being, but I did not know that.  There are many great minds and creative geniuses who they believe fell under the Autism spectrum.

Thankfully, my daughter was focused on her art, is an avid animal lover and developed enough social awareness to be excused for having an “artistic temperament”. 

Thank you for the information, will delve further into Edison’s life.  Love biographies, particularly musicians, and some of the greatest artists and geniuses in history...so many troubled souls.  Right now reading a biography of Howlin’ Wolf, the Blues great that inspired the artists of the “British Invasion”. Damn segregation in this country!

19 minutes ago, HelenOfTroy said:

Good Lord.  I researched Edison a bit when my youngest was diagnosed with Aspergers at 5 years old, I determined at that time that he was a horror of a human being, but I did not know that.  There are many great minds and creative geniuses who they believe fell under the Autism spectrum.

Thankfully, my daughter was focused on her art, is an avid animal lover and developed enough social awareness to be excused for having an “artistic temperament”. 

Thank you for the information, will delve further into Edison’s life.  Love biographies, particularly musicians, and some of the greatest artists and geniuses in history...so many troubled souls.  Right now reading a biography of Howlin’ Wolf, the Blues great that inspired the artists of the “British Invasion”. Damn segregation in this country!

You're welcome Auntie. You sound like a awesome and dedicated mother. There are many autistic geniuses. You may know this gentleman, but if not, look up Stephen Wiltshire and his artistry. The guy's ability is unreal. 

The book im currently reading is "The valley of the dry bones" by Rudolph Windsor. 

You're welcome Auntie. You sound like a awesome and dedicated mother. There are many autistic geniuses. You may know this gentleman, but if not, look up Stephen Wiltshire and his artistry. The guy's ability is unreal. 

The book im currently reading is "The valley of the dry bones" by Rudolph Windsor. 

Thank you! Sharing with my little one (36!), she has been fascinated with anime since grade school.  One of her art pieces.

placing that book on my reading list, my favorite type of book! 

5FDE1B61-A6AC-4C6E-AF97-96212C630496.jpeg

1 hour ago, HelenOfTroy said:

My son is "on the spectrum", so when you guys got into it with "the Nut" I did some research on Tesla and his "nervous breakdown", being portrayed as him "going crazy". I too was fascinated by Tesla, and consider him a brilliant mind, inventor, and humanitarian. He also was eccentric, sleep deprived and, reportedly Autistic.  So many BRILLIANT people are.  My son taught himself to read at three, on the computer, also self-taught, so I too, have experienced this phenomenon first hand. He too, loves animals.  Our household has five dogs, two cats and a bird, so that helps.   Being that Asperger's is still not fully understood yet today, it is perfectly safe to assume, that his "autistic behavior" and eccentric tendencies, led  to his label as being "crazy".  Anyway the point of this post was to  give you this list of "crazy" Autistic Geniuses from History.  Tesla, Hans Christian Anderson, Charles Darwin, Emily Dickenson, Bill Gates, Steve Jobs, Thomas Jefferson, Michelangelo, Mozart, Sir Isaac Newton, Yeats, James Joyce, and Barbara McClintock,  In addition to " your boy's" favorite, Albert Einstein. Of course this is a very small sampling.  I'm positive history will reveal thousands, if not millions more of these "crazies".

2 minutes ago, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

My son is "on the spectrum", so when you guys got into it with "the Nut" I did some research on Tesla and his "nervous breakdown", being portrayed as him "going crazy". I too was fascinated by Tesla, and consider him a brilliant mind, inventor, and humanitarian. He also was eccentric, sleep deprived and, reportedly Autistic.  So many BRILLIANT people are.  My son taught himself to read at three, on the computer, also self-taught, so I too, have experienced this phenomenon first hand.  Being that Asperger's is still not fully understood yet today, it is perfectly safe to assume, that his "autistic behavior" and eccentric tendencies, led  to his label as being "crazy".  Anyway the point of this post was to  give you this list of "crazy" Autistic Geniuses from History.  Tesla, Hans Christian Anderson, Charles Darwin, Emily Dickenson, Bill Gates, Steve Jobs, Thomas Jefferson, Michelangelo, Mozart, Sir Isaac Newton, Yeats, James Joyce, and Barbara McClintock,  In addition to " your boy's" favorite, Albert Einstein. Of course this is a very small sampling.  I'm positive history will reveal thousands, if not millions more of these "crazies".

Andy Warhol, Winston Churchill....

That's really impressive work. Has your daughter made this her profession? 

Yes, her art has been in a few comics, and her art was featured in an animated movie....posters and clothing.  She can also sing, makes her own costumes!  Don’t know where she gets it from, I’m simply grateful she loves it, happy to supply all art materials, computer and anything else I can provide to pursue her dreams.

Archived