PFF’s Top 101 Players from 2018

prime21

So before 2018, it was that Adams is a one dimensional "box" safety and box safeties have no value.  Then he greatly improves in pass coverage, while also excelling as a tackler and now what exactly is the argument?

We didnt pass on Von Miller, we passed on 2 QBs that weren't sure things at the time.  Would any of us rather have Mahomes and our 3 second round picks, yes, but Mahomes wasnt a sure thing.

We got a great player in Adams, would you rather we took an edge rusher like the great Hasaan Reddick or Charles Harris?

1 hour ago, BCJet said:

So before 2018, it was that Adams is a one dimensional "box" safety and box safeties have no value.  Then he greatly improves in pass coverage, while also excelling as a tackler and now what exactly is the argument?

We didnt pass on Von Miller, we passed on 2 QBs that weren't sure things at the time.  Would any of us rather have Mahomes and our 3 second round picks, yes, but Mahomes wasnt a sure thing.

We got a great player in Adams, would you rather we took an edge rusher like the great Hasaan Reddick or Charles Harris?

When Mahomes was drafted by KC that pick was rated only a "C" . Adams pick was rated an "A" at # 3.

It's time to acknowledge that the jets did not pass on Watson and Mahomes for Adams. 

That weak troll agenda needs to die 

Right or wrong, maccagnan scouted 2 QB classes and decided to tie his career and the jets fortunes to a 2018 QB including, obviously, Cousins 

So if we want to discuss it intelligently with facts, we can discuss 

Adams and Darnold or.... 

Watson and..... 

Mahomes and..... 

I think Adams is great and a bright spot on our D.  Definitely top 6 or 7 safety.  I don't know about the 20th best player in the league, or the 2nd ranked safety though.  PFF has a tendency to overrate run support and sacks for cornerback/safeties.  I saw Adams beaten too many times this year to really to put him in the Ed Reed/Legion of Boom category and he needs to keep improving.

12 hours ago, Larz said:

It's time to acknowledge that the jets did not pass on Watson and Mahomes for Adams. 

Right or wrong, maccagnan scouted 2 QB classes and decided to tie his career and the jets fortunes to a 2018 QB including, obviously, Cousins 

Adams and Darnold or.... 

Watson and..... 

Mahomes and..... 

Ellipsis doing an awful lot of work in this post.

12 hours ago, Larz said:

Adams and Darnold or.... 

Watson and..... 

Mahomes and..... 

I think that's directly on point. As it turns out, he was wrong on Mahomes but I still take Darnold over Watson ten times out of ten. And as it turns out Adams is a great player. 

Either way, all that matters is wins/losses and the pressure is on Macc to fill the rest of this roster with enough talent to compete for a playoff spot this coming year. 

Jets did pass on Mahomes and Watson for Adams but that’s because of Hackenbumm. Because of the Hack Mac didn’t wanna go QB right away the next draft - basically Mac was being a pussie! But it kinda worked out cause we wound up with Adams and Darnold but if dumb ass Mac would of not reached for Hack and went with say an OT there then drafted Mahomes the next season at 6 Jets save 3 #2 picks. We don’t have Adams but we have 4 number 2s and a different #1 from last season. All that gets me to this point - we only have 1 player on this list and Hack is a major reason. Mac sukkks!

14 hours ago, Larz said:

Adams and Darnold or.... 

Watson and..... 

Mahomes and..... 

Littering and...

14 hours ago, Larz said:

Adams and Darnold or.... 

Watson and..... 

Mahomes and..... 

Well I am very happy with Adams and Darnold but, to be perfectly fair, it's more like this:

Adams and Darnold or...

Mahomes and … and … and … and … (3 2nd round picks).

That choice even better in favor of option B but clearly nobody could project Mahomes to be what he now is or he would have gone 1st in that draft and we still would have ended up in the same place.

Well I am very happy with Adams and Darnold but, to be perfectly fair, it's more like this:
Adams and Darnold or...
That choice even better in favor of option B but clearly nobody could project Mahomes to be what he now is or he would have gone 1st in that draft and we still would have ended up in the same place.

BINGO!

“but clearly nobody could project Mahomes to be what he now is or he would have gone 1st in that draft and we still would have ended up in the same place.”

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Adams is a good player.  I was worried he was a bust his rookie year.  Not worried about that now.  

Not exactly buying the 20th best player in the NFL, and no matter how you spin it, we passed on a great Quarterback in Mahomes, two really good corners in Lattimore and Humphrey, a really good right tackle in Ramczyk, and two really nice playmakers in McCaffrey and Mike Williams.  

If I'm being honest with myself - I'd take any of those players right now over Adams, even after his good sophomore season.  

I think the hate goes too far with Adams sometimes, but I can't really blame someone for watching all of those other players do more for their teams than Adams does for us.  

13 minutes ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

Adams is a good player.  I was worried he was a bust his rookie year.  Not worried about that now.  

Not exactly buying the 20th best player in the NFL, and no matter how you spin it, we passed on a great Quarterback in Mahomes, two really good corners in Lattimore and Humphrey, a really good right tackle in Ramczyk, and two really nice playmakers in McCaffrey and Mike Williams.  

If I'm being honest with myself - I'd take any of those players right now over Adams, even after his good sophomore season.  

I think the hate goes too far with Adams sometimes, but I can't really blame someone for watching all of those other players do more for their teams than Adams does for us.  

Remember the context of the PFF article.  They are saying he performed as the 20th best player in the league at his position.  Not that he was the 20th best or most valuable player in the league overall.  No consideration for past performance, future performance or positional value was included.

1 hour ago, nycdan said:

Remember the context of the PFF article.  They are saying he performed as the 20th best player in the league at his position.  Not that he was the 20th best or most valuable player in the league overall.  No consideration for past performance, future performance or positional value was included.

Well, that's sort of disappointing. You mean to tell me that even if we define 'best' in such a way as to not mean anything at all we still can't get more than one player in the goddamned top hundred?

On 2/9/2019 at 11:24 AM, nycdan said:

Adams and Darnold or...

That's fine but you're asking a lot from this crowd ?

I still don't know what the jets were thinking signing McCown. Sure he was great for Sam, but if you go into that year with petty and hack fighting it out you are picking 1st with no need to move up 

On 2/9/2019 at 1:34 PM, nycdan said:

20th best performance regardless of position 

43 minutes ago, Larz said:

20th best performance regardless of position 

Sorry.  I didn't state mine clearly.  I meant it the way you said it but it just didn't translate.  Each player was graded against all others at his position.   I assume the grade reflects their performance above average in some way for their position.  

Archived