Sign in to follow this  
kelly

Anyone planning on watching the AAF ? ( AAF merged)

Rate this topic

14 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I don't know how teams already have players to "protect" but it looks like some teams make picks and some teams have chosen to protect players.

image.png

Arizona Hotshots: 

Coach Position
Rick Neuheisel Head Coach

Atlanta Legends

Coach Position
Kevin Coyle Head Coach
Michael Vick Offensive Coordinator

Birmingham Iron

Coach Position
Tim Lewis Head Coach

Memphis Express

Coach Position
Mike Singletary Head Coach
Dennis Thurman Defensive Coordinator

Orlando Apollos

Coach Position
Steve Spurrier Head Coach

Salt Lake Stallions

Coach Position
Dennis Erickson Head Coach
Donnie Henderson Defensive Coordinator

San Antonio Commanders

Coach Position
Mike Riley Head Coach

San Diego Fleet

Coach Position
Mike Martz Head Coach
Lamont Jordan Running Backs
Az-Zahir Hakim Wide Receivers
Anthony Becht Tight Ends

2 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

IIRC, it took Doug Flutie about a decade before he got good enough to really make a difference (in a positive way) in the NFL.

Till Jets DC Bill Beliprick shut him down with "the spy". Good times.

3 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

NY doesn't have a team?   (I'm assuming every team in the league would play week 1).

EDIT: Teams I'd be most likely to adopt based on city would be San Diego, Arizona and Memphis.  I just looked at the ex-Jets though and I'll probably have to choose between Memphis (Hackenberg) and Atlanta (Matt Simms).  

So you want to pick a loser team with your second chance? Good grief.

5 hours ago, JustEndTheSuffering said:

1. I’m more of an XFL guy 

2. They don’t have any team in NY or even the northeast

Whats an XFL guy?

Good way to cross the "sports void" (period between the conference championships and the first spring training games)

Of course no NY or northeast teams as they wisely chose all warmer weather climes. Would you go to games here in February or early March?

Just about all games are televised with CBS Saturday and CBSN + NFL net work afterwards

Should end more or less in time for the exciting arena football with new AFL teams in Columbus and AC, plus a Westchester County based team in the minor league NAL

Lamont coaching RBs for the Fleet. Pretty cool we haven’t heard much from him since his playing days. I checked it out and his first coaching gig. Hey, we’ve got football this weekend😀

1 hour ago, JustEndTheSuffering said:

I guess it would be someone who decided they would watch it when they announced the league. Plus it’s the Xtra Fun League so how could I pass that up?

Just kidding, enjoy the games!

Let's go Hotshots!
hotshots.jpg.b4231df3fb60779c43c99630936c87d0.jpg

Anyone who doesn't know the story of the Granite Mountain Hotshots or the origin of the team name can watch the video below.  I think it's a fantastic way to honor a bunch of guys who died serving our communities and our state.  If you're FDNY or have family or a friend who spends his/her time fighting fires then this is your team!  ....and they wear green. 

[/url]  

For some reason I’m gravitating towards Arizona as my team. I’d like to see Wolford, Dex McDougle and Folk hero do well. I’ll be cheering them on with you JS!

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

11 hours ago, The Crimson King said:

Good way to cross the "sports void" (period between the conference championships and the first spring training games)

Of course no NY or northeast teams as they wisely chose all warmer weather climes. Would you go to games here in February or early March?

Just about all games are televised with CBS Saturday and CBSN + NFL net work afterwards

Should end more or less in time for the exciting arena football with new AFL teams in Columbus and AC, plus a Westchester County based team in the minor league NAL

Yeah there was a heat wave in Utah this week, got over 0 on Thursday.  :)

I can see the interest for Jets fans in Hack starting. He has played in professional games but not reg season.  Last time against the Jets in 2018 for Phila. And he's suited up for reg season NFL games. I mean he didn't just fail with the Jets but also with the Raiders, Philly, Cincy. And Grudin is the guy who came out and said he was a 1st round pick talent before that draft and then he cut him. I could still see him being very error prone. I don't see Mike Singletary being that patient with him. He's not exactly a shrinking violet. Just ask Vernon Davis.