Anyone planning on watching the AAF ? ( AAF merged)

kelly

7 hours ago, bla bla bla said:

I'll throw my .02 in, I'm a fan of having an AAF thread in the forums. This is an exciting way to scout talent, no different than a thread about college prospects. If these were moved to a certain sub forum (kinda like the draft forum) I'm far less likely to engage in them. 

Not to mention the discussion about potential new rules that the NFL could benefit from, I think there are a lot of valuable talking points.

Agreed and we have an AAF thread. Also had an AAF gamethread and imagine we will have one today. Not sure we need one for every article someone finds. Was the point of my post. Keep them in one place. 

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Just for fun I checked the prices of their merch.  Not cheap at all (e.g. $30 for a t-shirt) .  It's ridiculous for them to try to shake down football fans like that.

Agree, dumb. Build a brand first. Also, I looked at tickets, $20.00 for "General Admission" which is upper deck angled end zone crap. Want a "good seat"? To watch the Orlando Apollos play the Memphis Hackenhmbergs? LOL. $60 per seat. Please, AAF, get your sh*t together. You had about 4,000 people there last night.....

2 hours ago, The Crusher said:

Agreed and we have an AAF thread. Also had an AAF gamethread and imagine we will have one today. Not sure we need one for every article someone finds. Was the point of my post. Keep them in one place. 

I’m not sure you can contain the Hackenberg fever today my friend. 

You can probably find local deals for tics or just go to game and buy something very cheap at the stadium. But I saw this deal for Apollos tics at half price via Travelzoo. https://www.travelzoo.com/entertainment/florida-southeast/-15-up-Orlando-Apollos-All-Games-Season-Tix-up-to-50-Off-2716819/  PS on the Alliance website I saw an Apollos knit cap for $20 (New Era).

45 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

You can probably find local deals for tics or just go to game and buy something very cheap at the stadium. But I saw this deal for Apollos tics at half price via Travelzoo. https://www.travelzoo.com/entertainment/florida-southeast/-15-up-Orlando-Apollos-All-Games-Season-Tix-up-to-50-Off-2716819/  PS on the Alliance website I saw an Apollos knit cap for $20 (New Era).

We should do a Florida JN Apollos trip. I'm down!

45 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Yes..a knit cap. For the Orlando Apollos. Orlando, is in Florida. Knit. Cap. 

Brilliant. 

1 hour ago, RutgersJetFan said:

It’s 2019. 30 clams is pretty standard, old man.

A basic Jets' t-shirt (using with the regular, not discounted, price) from NFLShop.com is $29.99.  Meanwhile, the Birmingham Iron also charge $29.99 for one of their t-shirts.  

So you're saying the AAF (which is basically a minor league system for the NFL) should charge the same prices that the NFL does?!  That's what you're defending here?!

https://www.nflshop.com/new-york-jets/mens-new-york-jets-nike-green-legend-performance-logo-essential-3-t-shirt/t-25045944+p-0269110587768+z-9-2845406259

image.thumb.png.b72b7ef20493a363cb9b25ea7465e537.png

https://shop.aaf.com/product/birmingham-iron-mens-giii-established-t-shirt/

image.png.a2ec7559af0d522ca73a57c46e394e24.png

3 minutes ago, Bocajetfan said:

AAF sets royalty rates manufacturers set the price 

Regardless of who sets what prices, I'm confident that it's ridiculous for the price of AAF merch to be as much as NFL merch.  Certainly the AAF could have worked out a take-it-or-leave-it deal with the manufacturer saying what the max price should be (else they'd find a new manufacturer).

26 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

A basic Jets' t-shirt (using with the regular, not discounted, price) from NFLShop.com is $29.99.  Meanwhile, the Birmingham Iron also charge $29.99 for one of their t-shirts.  

So you're saying the AAF (which is basically a minor league system for the NFL) should charge the same prices that the NFL does?!  That's what you're defending here?!

https://www.nflshop.com/new-york-jets/mens-new-york-jets-nike-green-legend-performance-logo-essential-3-t-shirt/t-25045944+p-0269110587768+z-9-2845406259

image.thumb.png.b72b7ef20493a363cb9b25ea7465e537.png

https://shop.aaf.com/product/birmingham-iron-mens-giii-established-t-shirt/

image.png.a2ec7559af0d522ca73a57c46e394e24.png

Thank you for further displaying the dilemma in jpegs and links. That you think $30 for a t-shirt is a lot of money says a bit more about you than it does the actual cost of the merchandise. I think you may want to sit back and consider that it's 2019, not 1989.

1 minute ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Thank you for further displaying the dilemma in jpegs and links. That you think $30 for a t-shirt is a lot of money says a bit more about you than it does the actual cost of the merchandise. I think you may want to sit back and consider that it's 2019, not 1989.

My point is that AAF merch should be cheaper than NFL merch.

3 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

They don't even have an established "brand" or fanbase yet. Pricing Orlando Apollos tagged stuff at a rate commensurate with an NFL level market is dumb. LOL. I buy Grunt Style high quality T shirts (NexTlevel) for $22. A gray heather T with silkscreened logo of a team that has existed for 10 minutes shouldn't cost $30.

11 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Millennials: Wahhhh late capitalism is balls 

Also millennials: Ooh that Urban Outfitters T-shirt evocative of Weezer’s Blue Album is only $40 and I can purchase it in a size that’s clearly too small for my hummus-destroyed physique? Yes plz

14 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Millennials: Wahhhh late capitalism is balls 

Also millennials: Ooh that Urban Outfitters T-shirt evocative of Weezer’s Blue Album is only $40 and I can purchase it in a size that’s clearly too small for my hummus-destroyed physique? Yes plz

Blue album ******* rocked. 1994/95 was a good time for music.

I didn't watch the games live, as primetime games start at 1am here and my football withdrawal hasn't quite reached that stage of desperation yet.

However, I caught up on the games today and was actually fairly impressed with the product and the standard of play.

I am intrigued to see how Hackenberg and John Wolford, who I thought we should have kept on the PS, do today in their starting gigs.

2 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

LOL. Hipster? This is me mid 90s....

FB_IMG_1548532030378.jpg.2a3282e09a1cffea7ea87e86e479bcc4.jpg

1. Thank you for your service. The nation and her people owe you a debt it can never fully repay. 

2. I’m assuming you’re hiding your right hand in the pic so no one sees the black nail polish and your hair is matted down like you just yanked off a fedora before the shot was taken, Nigel. 

6 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

1. Thank you for your service. The nation and her people owe you a debt it can never fully repay. 

2. I’m assuming you’re hiding your right hand in the pic so no one sees the black nail polish and your hair is matted down like you just yanked off a fedora before the shot was taken, Nigel. 

No. I had trendy steampunk goggles 20 years before it was trendy and became the domain of semiliterate edgelords.

And.... my name is Jonas!

(Not really)

Archived