Anyone planning on watching the AAF ? ( AAF merged)

kelly

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

You can't even get scores on the AAF site.  It looks like from the articles that the Express lost 26-0 so still no points produced by Hack.  How bad did he play?  What were his stats?

EDIT: I found an article saying "It was a frustrating day for starting quarterback Christian Hackenberg who finished the day 10-for-23 passing for 87 yards and one interception. The Iron defensive line gave Hackenberg fits all game long as the passing game couldn’t find any rhythm."

He was atrocious. Here's his stats from halftimeScreenshot_20190210-201033.thumb.png.8f3cff790cfd59f97791f08f0f68cc60.png

You can't even get scores on the AAF site.  It looks like from the articles that the Express lost 26-0 so still no points produced by Hack.  How bad did he play?  What were his stats?
EDIT: I found an article saying "It was a frustrating day for starting quarterback Christian Hackenberg who finished the day 10-for-23 passing for 87 yards and one interception. The Iron defensive line gave Hackenberg fits all game long as the passing game couldn’t find any rhythm."

He looked flat-out terrible.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

8 hours ago, Bugg said:

Last night the AAF outdrew an NBA game in TV ratings.

Don't know what caused decrease in ratings for nba, but for me, ever since they allowed players to travel, never calling it, offense is unstoppable, they basically run to the hoop like in football. Thats why I lost some interest in the nba.

Don't know what caused decrease in ratings for nba, but for me, ever since they allowed players to travel, never calling it, offense is unstoppable, they basically run to the hoop like in football. Thats why I lost some interest in the nba.

... the same effect will be felt in the NFL

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Maybe we should have held on to this guy:

https://nypost.com/2019/02/11/jets-quarterback-castoff-starts-aaf-career-with-four-td-night/

SPORTS

Jets quarterback castoff starts AAF career with four-TD night

February 11, 2019 | 12:56am

Modal Trigger
John Wolford
John WolfordAP

As one former Jets quarterback struggled, another made quite an impression in his Alliance of American Football debut.

John Wolford, who was in Jets camp this summer before being cut to make room for Davis Webb, went 18-for-29 passing for 275 yards and four touchdowns in the Arizona Hotshots’ 38-22 win over the Salt Lake Stallions at Sun Devil Stadium.

His longest touchdown was a 36-yard strike in the second quarter. The former Wake Forest star did not throw an interception and had a passer rating of 132.9.

Wolford’s performance came on the same day former Jets second-round pick Christian Hackenberg completed 10-of-23 passes for 87 yards and threw an interception. Hackenberg’s Memphis Express team was shut out 26-0 by the Birmingham Iron.

After graduating, Wolford put a career in finance on hold for his shot with the Jets. He quickly lost his spot after the Giants released Webb and the Jets picked him up.

Wolford, a four-year starter, threw for 8,794 passing yards and 59 touchdowns with the Demon Deacons. He added 19 rushing scores. He went for 400 yards and four touchdowns in his final collegiate game in a Belk Bowl win over Texas A&M.

Going to call myself out here. Made a mega-thread when we drafted Hack that he was our franchise QB. Up until not too long ago, I was still convinced, just thought he needed a shot. After hearing him ask, "how the **** did that guy get through?" I now wonder if, as said above, he's a spoiled brat that thinks nothing is his fault. If a 5-man rush gets through so cleanly, that's almost always on the QB not reading the protection well enough.

3 hours ago, Bruce Harper said:

Maybe we should have held on to this guy:

https://nypost.com/2019/02/11/jets-quarterback-castoff-starts-aaf-career-with-four-td-night/

SPORTS

Jets quarterback castoff starts AAF career with four-TD night

February 11, 2019 | 12:56am

Modal Trigger
John Wolford
John WolfordAP

As one former Jets quarterback struggled, another made quite an impression in his Alliance of American Football debut.

John Wolford, who was in Jets camp this summer before being cut to make room for Davis Webb, went 18-for-29 passing for 275 yards and four touchdowns in the Arizona Hotshots’ 38-22 win over the Salt Lake Stallions at Sun Devil Stadium.

His longest touchdown was a 36-yard strike in the second quarter. The former Wake Forest star did not throw an interception and had a passer rating of 132.9.

Wolford’s performance came on the same day former Jets second-round pick Christian Hackenberg completed 10-of-23 passes for 87 yards and threw an interception. Hackenberg’s Memphis Express team was shut out 26-0 by the Birmingham Iron.

After graduating, Wolford put a career in finance on hold for his shot with the Jets. He quickly lost his spot after the Giants released Webb and the Jets picked him up.

Wolford, a four-year starter, threw for 8,794 passing yards and 59 touchdowns with the Demon Deacons. He added 19 rushing scores. He went for 400 yards and four touchdowns in his final collegiate game in a Belk Bowl win over Texas A&M.

I watched this game..  Kid has an arm.. Granted its against NFL 2's and 3's caliber talent, but he had great pocket presence, sensed the rush well  and was mobile.  If this is truly the development league they claim it is he could be a solid NFL QB in a couple of years.

Also, I felt like I was watching a football game from the 80's  The refs let them play, no exotic blitzes, west coast offense, very little replay.  In fact by rule you cant blitz from the secondary, 30 second game clock.  The game was done in just under 3 hours.  Not sure I liked the no kick-offs, though.  Felt weird.  

11 hours ago, roscoeword said:

That AND players colluding on which teams to join and whom THEY prefer to play with and signing HORRIBLY BLOATED contracts. The prisoners are running the asylum in the NBA and the product is absolute trash. 

Archived