Anyone planning on watching the AAF ? ( AAF merged)

kelly

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

That's their intention. They've stated that they're not trying to compete against the league, but be more of a developmental league, so much so that if any players catch the eye of any of the NFL teams they will not block any player from joining the NFL. 

Hopefully this is a better version of NFL Europe. 

Correct.

If you notice, some of the games are being carried by the NFL channel.  If there is any fan interest I suspect in a year or two the NFL will be buying into the AAF.  Won't be quite like it is with minor league baseball, but there will be some NFL involvement as a developmental league.

Think it's a great idea.  NCAA football is great, and I think the players will still be going to college, but in all honesty, QB's, OL, and WR's all still need work with NFL coaches to learn the NFL game before they come into the league.  It will just make the product the NFL is putting out better.

Again, just my opinion, but the CBA is due to be re-newed/strike in 2021.  IMO the draft, and the way  young players are treated, will be very different in the new CBA .

Think it's a very good thing   

2 hours ago, IndianaJet said:
  • There is a "sky judge", a 9th official in the press box, who will use TV replays to buzz down and correct "clear" and "egregious" errors by the on field refs - including penalties.

I think this is a great idea.  We'll have to see how it really works out, but I think it's something the NFL should keep a very close eye on how this all goes, after the unmitigated disaster of this season's/postseason's officiating.

3 minutes ago, flgreen said:

Correct.

If you notice, some of the games are being carried by the NFL channel.  If there is any fan interest I suspect in a year or two the NFL will be buying into the AAF.  Won't be quite like it is with minor league baseball, but there will be some NFL involvement as a developmental league.

Think it's a great idea.  NCAA football is great, and I think the players will still be going to college, but in all honesty, QB's, OL, and WR's all still need work with NFL coaches to learn the NFL game, before they come into the league.  It will just make the product the NFL is putting out better.

Again, just my opinion, but the CBA is due to be re-newed/strike in 2021.  IMO the draft, and the way  young players are treated, will be very different in the new CBA .

Think it's a very good thing   

Tomorrows AAF games will be broadcasted on NFL Network. 

This is most definitely a collaborative thing, which is good for the NFL because there are certainly a need to showcase talent that's not part of the 1,700 players in the NFL. We have guys like Dakota Dozier that should have been out of the league years ago, yet because there's no league like this I would assume that it's hard to find talent. 

This is also great for those college players not drafted into the league. They'll have a place to play. 

The XFL is coming next year as well. Also from the looks of this San Diego/San Antonio game, they may have a real shot because the game is good so far. 

51 minutes ago, pfilippone said:

I'm watching both games free from the AAF's website via streaming.  Looks like amateur hour: games starting late, graphics, audio come and go. I guess they skimped on rehearsals to save $$$

I have a  friend who I fish with.  He played in the AFL.  He's got funny stories about gong to team hotels, and finding out the team hadn't paid for the rooms. He had to sleep in his buddy's car.  One in the front seat, one in the back.  LOL

22 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Tomorrows AAF games will be broadcasted on NFL Network. 

This is most definitely a collaborative thing, which is good for the NFL because there are certainly a need to showcase talent that's not part of the 1,700 players in the NFL. We have guys like Dakota Dozier that should have been out of the league years ago, yet because there's no league like this I would assume that it's hard to find talent. 

This is also great for those college players not drafted into the league. They'll have a place to play. 

The XFL is coming next year as well. Also from the looks of this San Diego/San Antonio game, they may have a real shot because the game is good so far. 

XFL is going to try to take advantage of the coming NFL strike, and compete with the NFL.  IMO it's doomed

6 minutes ago, flgreen said:

XFL is going to try to take advantage of the coming NFL strike, and compete with the NFL.  IMO it's doomed

I like that we'll actually have both the AAF being a minor league of sorts, while XFL tries to give some competition.  While I agree it will likely fail when all is said and done, I'll be rooting for them to do well, if for no other reason than to push the NFL a bit.  The league could use a little motivation, as they're resting on their laurels way too much these days.  Best case scenario is that both of these leagues help the NFL long term in different ways.

3 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I got me some over's in tonight's games.  I get the feeling that it could get reset to a higher number down the road.  In any case, it's the first game of the season so teams are probably not settled in plus we've got Steve Spurrier on one sideline.  I have to think that will be worth some points.

6-3 halftime 

6 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

You really think that Strike is going to happen? 

Yep, I do

I honestly think there will be no football in 2021.

Vince is betting $500,000,000 on it.  I think in the end he looses, but I honestly don't think there will be an NFL presentation in 2021.

Just when the Jets, and Browns are going  to be relevant .

7 hours ago, The Crusher said:

1) This is NY Jets forum. Nothing here is relevant.

2) The future is ahead of us. I miss Dexter McDougle as much as the next guy, but we must learn to move on.

3) Jets are basically a magnet for mediocrity. Making this is a sad yet modestly relevant point. 

4) Coaches what? Stop now your scaring the children!

Welcome to Jetnation home of the AAF. 

If you like I can move all the AAFstuff to the others sports forum. This way you can spread out and stuff. 

I'll throw my .02 in, I'm a fan of having an AAF thread in the forums. This is an exciting way to scout talent, no different than a thread about college prospects. If these were moved to a certain sub forum (kinda like the draft forum) I'm far less likely to engage in them. 

Not to mention the discussion about potential new rules that the NFL could benefit from, I think there are a lot of valuable talking points.

2 hours ago, flgreen said:

Yep, I do

Vince is betting $500,000,000 on it.  I think in the end he looses, but I honestly don't think there will be an NFL presentation in 2021.

BTW, kind of think it's Immature to  make a post about an obvious typo, but if that's all you've got, I'm good.  :) 

I agree we are headed for a lock out for sure. Maybe the NFL is building this D league to supplement the rosters during the 2021 strike. NFLPA wants to hold out and not sign "okay well we have a bunch of hungry players to hold us over until you agree to the new terms"

58 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

I agree we are headed for a lock out for sure. Maybe the NFL is building this D league to supplement the rosters during the 2021 strike. NFLPA wants to hold out and not sign "okay well we have a bunch of hungry players to hold us over until you agree to the new terms"

Yep, NFL has done a similar thing before.  People actually watched the laundry play.  I did.

Of course the top 20% of the league doesn't care.  They are more then compensated  to be able to afford a year with out pay, and are talented enough to know these scrubs aren't taking their jobs.  The 80% of the league below them, not so much.  They are deathly afraid to have their jobs taken by young hungry guys.  The average NFL players cash life is very short.  One year might be the only $1,000,000 they'll ever have a chance to make. 

4 hours ago, flgreen said:

Yep, I do

We can never have good things. 

Archived