Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
kelly

Anyone planning on watching the AAF ? ( AAF merged)

Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, bla bla bla said:

I'll throw my .02 in, I'm a fan of having an AAF thread in the forums. This is an exciting way to scout talent, no different than a thread about college prospects. If these were moved to a certain sub forum (kinda like the draft forum) I'm far less likely to engage in them. 

 

Not to mention the discussion about potential new rules that the NFL could benefit from, I think there are a lot of valuable talking points.

Agreed and we have an AAF thread. Also had an AAF gamethread and imagine we will have one today. Not sure we need one for every article someone finds. Was the point of my post. Keep them in one place. 

  • Post of the Week 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just for fun I checked the prices of their merch.  Not cheap at all (e.g. $30 for a t-shirt) .  It's ridiculous for them to try to shake down football fans like that

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Just for fun I checked the prices of their merch.  Not cheap at all (e.g. $30 for a t-shirt) .  It's ridiculous for them to try to shake down football fans like that.

Agree, dumb. Build a brand first. Also, I looked at tickets, $20.00 for "General Admission" which is upper deck angled end zone crap. Want a "good seat"? To watch the Orlando Apollos play the Memphis Hackenhmbergs? LOL. $60 per seat. Please, AAF, get your sh*t together. You had about 4,000 people there last night.....

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Just for fun I checked the prices of their merch.  Not cheap at all (e.g. $30 for a t-shirt) .  It's ridiculous for them to try to shake down football fans like that

It’s 2019. 30 clams is pretty standard, old man.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, The Crusher said:

Agreed and we have an AAF thread. Also had an AAF gamethread and imagine we will have one today. Not sure we need one for every article someone finds. Was the point of my post. Keep them in one place. 

I’m not sure you can contain the Hackenberg fever today my friend. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

It’s 2019. 30 clams is pretty standard, old man.

I wouldn’t pay $30 for a t-shirt even if it promised to intermittently suckle on my nipples at various points during the day.

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

It’s 2019. 30 clams is pretty standard, old man.

Retail is for suckers. 

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wouldn’t pay $30 for a NYJ hat and I have 40 years invested in them 

  • Upvote 2
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I wouldn’t pay $30 for a t-shirt even if it promised to intermittently suckle on my nipples at various points during the day.

Man, thats a horrific image

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I mean, I love me some sports swag. But it really is outrageously overpriced. 

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You can probably find local deals for tics or just go to game and buy something very cheap at the stadium. But I saw this deal for Apollos tics at half price via Travelzoo. https://www.travelzoo.com/entertainment/florida-southeast/-15-up-Orlando-Apollos-All-Games-Season-Tix-up-to-50-Off-2716819/  PS on the Alliance website I saw an Apollos knit cap for $20 (New Era).

  • Post of the Week 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

You can probably find local deals for tics or just go to game and buy something very cheap at the stadium. But I saw this deal for Apollos tics at half price via Travelzoo. https://www.travelzoo.com/entertainment/florida-southeast/-15-up-Orlando-Apollos-All-Games-Season-Tix-up-to-50-Off-2716819/  PS on the Alliance website I saw an Apollos knit cap for $20 (New Era).

We should do a Florida JN Apollos trip. I'm down!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

I wouldn’t pay $30 for a t-shirt even if it promised to intermittently suckle on my nipples at various points during the day.

BREAKING NEWS: TOM SHANE NOT A NIPPLE GUY

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

You can probably find local deals for tics or just go to game and buy something very cheap at the stadium. But I saw this deal for Apollos tics at half price via Travelzoo. https://www.travelzoo.com/entertainment/florida-southeast/-15-up-Orlando-Apollos-All-Games-Season-Tix-up-to-50-Off-2716819/  PS on the Alliance website I saw an Apollos knit cap for $20 (New Era).

Yes..a knit cap. For the Orlando Apollos. Orlando, is in Florida. Knit. Cap. 

 

Brilliant. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Yes..a knit cap. For the Orlando Apollos. Orlando, is in Florida. Knit. Cap. 

 

Brilliant. 

Snow Birds😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RutgersJetFan said:

It’s 2019. 30 clams is pretty standard, old man.

A basic Jets' t-shirt (using with the regular, not discounted, price) from NFLShop.com is $29.99.  Meanwhile, the Birmingham Iron also charge $29.99 for one of their t-shirts.  

So you're saying the AAF (which is basically a minor league system for the NFL) should charge the same prices that the NFL does?!  That's what you're defending here?!

 

https://www.nflshop.com/new-york-jets/mens-new-york-jets-nike-green-legend-performance-logo-essential-3-t-shirt/t-25045944+p-0269110587768+z-9-2845406259

image.thumb.png.b72b7ef20493a363cb9b25ea7465e537.png

https://shop.aaf.com/product/birmingham-iron-mens-giii-established-t-shirt/

image.png.a2ec7559af0d522ca73a57c46e394e24.png

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

So you're saying the AAF should charge the same prices that the NFL does?

AAF sets royalty rates manufacturers set the price 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Bocajetfan said:

AAF sets royalty rates manufacturers set the price 

Regardless of who sets what prices, I'm confident that it's ridiculous for the price of AAF merch to be as much as NFL merch.  Certainly the AAF could have worked out a take-it-or-leave-it deal with the manufacturer saying what the max price should be (else they'd find a new manufacturer).

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

A basic Jets' t-shirt (using with the regular, not discounted, price) from NFLShop.com is $29.99.  Meanwhile, the Birmingham Iron also charge $29.99 for one of their t-shirts.  

So you're saying the AAF (which is basically a minor league system for the NFL) should charge the same prices that the NFL does?!  That's what you're defending here?!

 

https://www.nflshop.com/new-york-jets/mens-new-york-jets-nike-green-legend-performance-logo-essential-3-t-shirt/t-25045944+p-0269110587768+z-9-2845406259

image.thumb.png.b72b7ef20493a363cb9b25ea7465e537.png

https://shop.aaf.com/product/birmingham-iron-mens-giii-established-t-shirt/

image.png.a2ec7559af0d522ca73a57c46e394e24.png

 

Thank you for further displaying the dilemma in jpegs and links. That you think $30 for a t-shirt is a lot of money says a bit more about you than it does the actual cost of the merchandise. I think you may want to sit back and consider that it's 2019, not 1989.

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Thank you for further displaying the dilemma in jpegs and links. That you think $30 for a t-shirt is a lot of money says a bit more about you than it does the actual cost of the merchandise. I think you may want to sit back and consider that it's 2019, not 1989.

My point is that AAF merch should be cheaper than NFL merch.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

BREAKING NEWS: TOM SHANE NOT A NIPPLE GUY

FTR, who are these “nipple guys” you speak of? That’s some deviant sh*t

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Thank you for further displaying the dilemma in jpegs and links. That you think $30 for a t-shirt is a lot of money says a bit more about you than it does the actual cost of the merchandise. I think you may want to sit back and consider that it's 2019, not 1989.

They don't even have an established "brand" or fanbase yet. Pricing Orlando Apollos tagged stuff at a rate commensurate with an NFL level market is dumb. LOL. I buy Grunt Style high quality T shirts (NexTlevel) for $22. A gray heather T with silkscreened logo of a team that has existed for 10 minutes shouldn't cost $30.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Thank you for further displaying the dilemma in jpegs and links. That you think $30 for a t-shirt is a lot of money says a bit more about you than it does the actual cost of the merchandise. I think you may want to sit back and consider that it's 2019, not 1989.

Millennials: Wahhhh late capitalism is balls 

 

Also millennials: Ooh that Urban Outfitters T-shirt evocative of Weezer’s Blue Album is only $40 and I can purchase it in a size that’s clearly too small for my hummus-destroyed physique? Yes plz

  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm committed!

Scotch is flowing and the pipes are getting lubed up ready to scream at the tv!

 

It's ******* HACK DAY!

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

I'm committed!

Scotch is flowing and the pipes are getting lubed up ready to scream at the tv!

 

It's ******* HACK DAY!

I still believe!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Millennials: Wahhhh late capitalism is balls 

 

Also millennials: Ooh that Urban Outfitters T-shirt evocative of Weezer’s Blue Album is only $40 and I can purchase it in a size that’s clearly too small for my hummus-destroyed physique? Yes plz

Blue album ******* rocked. 1994/95 was a good time for music.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Blue album ******* rocked. 1994/95 was a good time for music.

I never would have guessed you were a despicable hipster, JE. Now I know. Now. I. Know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I never would have guessed you were a despicable hipster, JE. Now I know. Now. I. Know.

LOL. Hipster? This is me mid 90s....

 

FB_IMG_1548532030378.jpg.2a3282e09a1cffea7ea87e86e479bcc4.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I didn't watch the games live, as primetime games start at 1am here and my football withdrawal hasn't quite reached that stage of desperation yet.

However, I caught up on the games today and was actually fairly impressed with the product and the standard of play.

I am intrigued to see how Hackenberg and John Wolford, who I thought we should have kept on the PS, do today in their starting gigs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

LOL. Hipster? This is me mid 90s....

 

FB_IMG_1548532030378.jpg.2a3282e09a1cffea7ea87e86e479bcc4.jpg

1. Thank you for your service. The nation and her people owe you a debt it can never fully repay. 

2. I’m assuming you’re hiding your right hand in the pic so no one sees the black nail polish and your hair is matted down like you just yanked off a fedora before the shot was taken, Nigel. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

1. Thank you for your service. The nation and her people owe you a debt it can never fully repay. 

2. I’m assuming you’re hiding your right hand in the pic so no one sees the black nail polish and your hair is matted down like you just yanked off a fedora before the shot was taken, Nigel. 

No. I had trendy steampunk goggles 20 years before it was trendy and became the domain of semiliterate edgelords.

 

And.... my name is Jonas!

 

 

 

 

(Not really)

  • Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

No. I had trendy steampunk goggles 20 years before it was trendy and became the domain of semiliterate edgelords.

Lolol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

FTR, who are these “nipple guys” you speak of? That’s some deviant sh*t

That's none of your business.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  



Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...