When are we getting an OC?

Dcronin

21 minutes ago, jack48 said:

and they hired Cooter as aRB coach.  HIs offense was 6th or 7th last year.

This is the best coaching staff the Jets have assembled in a long time! 

Gase- Williams- Pollack- Cooter. There is great experience among these guys & there is one common denominator, I think they all believe they have the QB to succeed. Going to a team without a QB is coaching suicide in the NFL. 

Your chance of success with a QB and the opportunity to win & have some fun goes up substantially. Losing in the NFL makes the job miserable. Players start quitting, players start feuding, it's tough to hold things together & a 16 game schedule is not easy coming off losses every week. The Patriots team is ENGAGED in the last 1/4 of the season because they ALWAYS have a chance to win it all. That right there makes the job MUCH EASIER. Think back to whenever the Pats have lost 2 games, all hell breaks loose in the media in New England. Winning is a mindset, none of these guys (Stars) come from losing programs. As a 21 year old (youngest starter EVER), Sam tried to carry this team on his back. When he gets some help & starts having some fun, look out! Sam is not the type to rest on his laurels, he'll get better & better. The infusion of talent & confidence will turn this Jet team around. I truly believe the needle will be pointing way up with this coaching staff & Sam Darnold.

Cooter is someone who brings additional play calling, install and game planning experience having been an NFL OC for 3 years.  Its a good hire for this team and hopefully provides an "outside" voice to the conversation that Gase and Loggins have with the offense having worked in the same capacities in Miami.

12 hours ago, GreenFish said:

It's still a legitimate questions. Unless you consider Loggains an OC.

So, to answer your question, I think the Jets will get an OC around this time next year. 

Officially he is the OC. This addition to the CS has me the least excited. Hopefully that feeling will change.

6 hours ago, BCJet said:

Cooter is someone who brings additional play calling, install and game planning experience having been an NFL OC for 3 years.  Its a good hire for this team and hopefully provides an "outside" voice to the conversation that Gase and Loggins have with the offense having worked in the same capacities in Miami.

Gase is not afraid to bring in guys who are at his level.  Not  like Bowles, who wanted servants.  He actually seems pretty adaptable

Archived