Jump to content

Danny Amendola


choon328
 Share

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, jayrad01 said:

Not sure what to make of this.

https://youtu.be/gfEitCBa5mU

Wow!  You may have stumbled onto something there, Lt. Columbo.  Seems like there's a de facto agreement. To just pull Jamal Adam's name out of thin air like that, as a "teammate", considering all of the players in football he could have  cited, seems to be beyond a coincidence in my opinion.  Nice guy, by the way, not your typical douchebag Patriocheat.

  • Sympathy 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, jayrad01 said:

Not sure what to make of this.

https://youtu.be/gfEitCBa5mU

Good find.  For those who didn't watch, he praised Adam Gase.  Then (at the 6:30 mark), when asked which player of all the players he's ever played with and against, would he not want to see in a dark alley, he answered Jamal Adams.  He then said "he's actually a good friend of mine too so I'm glad he's on my team...well in the alleyway".

  • Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The Fish look like they are going to do a team rebuild.  More then likely will be dumping a lot of players for cap reasons, they only have like $11M right now.

A lot of the players on the Fish loved Gase, and some hated him, not sure which side each player is on but here's a list of potential cap cuts the Fish might make, and how much they would save.  Can't help but wonder if some of these players could be targets for the Jets.

Tannehill  12M

Robert Quinn  13M

Kenny Stills 4M

Devante Parker 9M

Andre Branch 7M

Kiko Alonso 7M

Josh Sitton   5M

Danny Amendola  6M

Akeem Spence 3M

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, flgreen said:

The Fish look like they are going to do a team rebuild.  More then likely will be dumping a lot of players for cap reasons, they only have like $11M right now.

A lot of the players on the Fish loved Gase, and some hated him, not sure which side each player is on but here's a list of potential cap cuts the Fish might make, and how much they would save.  Can't help but wonder if some of these players could be targets for the Jets.

Tannehill  12M

Robert Quinn  13M

Kenny Stills 4M

Devante Parker 9M

Andre Branch 7M

Kiko Alonso 7M

Josh Sitton   5M

Danny Amendola  6M

Akeem Spence 3M

OK, so let's take them in order:  Hell No, Nah, No, No, NO, No, No, No, and NO,  That should just about do it, then.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I like the idea of bringing in players that know the new system. Amendola is old, does not contribute on specials and is VERY injury prone. Absolute pass. Right idea, wrong player.

We also have to be very careful with our wide receiver situation. If we sign a slot guy and still keep Burnett, we would have 4 wideouts right there (including Anderson and Enunwa) that don’t contribute on specials and still sign an old Andre Roberts to be a 32 year old return specialist adding a 5th WR to the roster that can’t help in the passing games. We need to find his replacement and start drafting young wideouts that can actually contribute to special teams AND develope in the passing games.

Can’t have a roster loaded with one trick pony WRs which means you need extra player to fill out and perform all of the duties necessary or this part of a team. 

  • Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

Wow!  You may have stumbled onto something there, Lt. Columbo.  Seems like there's a de facto agreement. To just pull Jamal Adam's name out of thin air like that, as a "teammate", considering all of the players in football he cited, seems to be beyond a coincidence in my opinion.  Nice guy, by the way, not your typical douchebag Patriocheat.

That along with the way he speaks about AG could definitely have a handshake deal. 

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 this November, never had more than 700 yards in his career, hasn't completed a full season since 2014 vs. He knows how to operate Gase's system and the price will be right.

He'll probably get signed just because Gase will want guys who buy into him and he fits the bill. Feels a little inevitable now that I see the possibility. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I really don't think we need to burn any significant money/roster space on a FA WR... some depth, sure. but we need be looking a long term successors.

You get everything Danny A brings plus a little more (not to mention longevity and partner for Sam) -- from Anthony Johnson 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Tony MaC said:

34 this November, never had more than 700 yards in his career, hasn't completed a full season since 2014 vs. He knows how to operate Gase's system and the price will be right.

He'll probably get signed just because Gase will want guys who buy into him and he fits the bill. Feels a little inevitable now that I see the possibility. 

Well we obviously have major holes at every position on O but qb, especially wr, so we  can’t be too picky. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

Danny Amendola is not a solution to anything at this point in his career.  He is nothing more than a "bridge player" who is not quite washed up but offers nothing more than a capable set of hands that fill a roster spot.  He belongs on an established  team disrupted by an injury to a veteran slot receiver, not on a "building" young squad with a developing quarterback.  Those of you opposed to Golden Tate, are on board with Danny Amendola?  What sense does that make?  He is a "plan C" or  "plan D" option for this team.  Go sign Adam Humphries if you can, and if not, look at Golden Tate, or draft, or pick up a younger prospect and go with what we got.  Pass.

i hope we take a flier on kevin white. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, neckdemon said:

i hope we take a flier on kevin white. 

Why?  He looks the part.  6'3", 210#, 4.35 {40 time}, all great measurables.  Now for the bad part.  In three years, he's played in 14 games, started 5, none last year and has a grand total of 25 catches for his career.  The Bears are done with him, and other teams reporters are writing articles opposed to looking at him.  If you are suggesting they invite him to camp as a "look-see" I understand, but he should be approached as nothing more than that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Paradis said:

I really don't think we need to burn any significant money/roster space on a FA WR... some depth, sure. but we need be looking a long term successors.

You get everything Danny A brings plus a little more (not to mention longevity and partner for Sam) -- from Anthony Johnson 

 

nice work. I like Anthony Johnson a lot too.

  • Sympathy 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

Why?  He looks the part.  6'3", 210#, 4.35 {40 time}, all great measurables.  Now for the bad part.  In three years, he's played in 14 games, started 5, none last year and has a grand total of 25 catches for his career.  The Bears are done with him, and other teams reporters are writing articles opposed to looking at him.  If you are suggesting they invite him to camp as a "look-see" I understand, but he should be approached as nothing more than that.

Why? Because he does look the part. He will be dirt cheap and if he doesnt work out you can let him go. Its virtually zero risk

  • Sympathy 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, neckdemon said:

Why? Because he does look the part. He will be dirt cheap and if he doesnt work out you can let him go. Its virtually zero risk

The risk is you pass up a more productive veteran in FA that can help your young QB and the overall WR depth for a guy who hasn't produced. 

  • Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share



×
×
  • Create New...