Sign in to follow this  
bla bla bla

AAF First 2 Game Highlights

Rate this topic

7 hours ago, johnnysd said:

I reallly enjoyed the game. Quality was decent. One thing that shocked me is I almost liked the no kickoff rule. It got things back to action way faster. Probably will become a Fleet Season Ticket Holder.

The pace of the games was really nice. I also like the extra stuff you got to here, like the process on the review . 

1 minute ago, jetstream23 said:

Very smart to not do something gimmicky like Vince McMahon's crazy old league and certainly to not compete directly with the NFL like the old USFL did.  A complementary league that his a limited number of teams and a limited number of games during the late Winter and early Spring is perfect for guys like us who will start to jones for a little live football.  Having former NFLers and a guys who are fringe NFL talent is perfect IMO.

I also think having the support of NFL is important and I'm sure the NFL doesn't mind watching this league experiment with a few unorthodox rules that could potentially be considered.  I really like the 4th and 12 conversion attempt rather than an onside kick.  That seems pretty cool to me.

4th and 12 conversion attempt in the NFL would assure Edelman to the HOF. Too easy for the Pats. Neat rule for this league.

a league with blitz limitations lines right up with Christian Hackenberg's limitations playing football  

it's like a training wheels for crap Qbs. TBH i hope it works the league needs some kind of developmental situation

14 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

4th and 12 conversion attempt in the NFL would assure Edelman to the HOF. Too easy for the Pats. Neat rule for this league.

in the league it could be 4th and 20 

this 420 smoke em if you got em moment is brought to you by the smooth toasted taste of Corona Green. 

In a couple of years, probably after the new CBA, NFL teams will probably have developmental contracts on a lot of these players.  IMO it will be a lot of fun watching potential Jets players develop.  NFL needs this

Think it's going to have a high potential for success if the NFL contributes funds.

$20 a seat...……….I'm in.  Might even get Orlando season tickets next year.  Sounds like fun

3 hours ago, The Crusher said:

The pace of the games was really nice. I also like the extra stuff you got to here, like the process on the review . 

Agree. The score was low but there was a lot of action. NFL should consider moving the play clock down to 40 seconds. In between what the AAF and the NFL is. As I said before, I didn't miss kickoffs that much. If you think of kickoffs in the NFL, it used to be "the most exciting play" but know 70% are touchbacks and with the sequence of score-commercial-kickoff-commercial its like a 5 minute gap in football. In the AAF it was like 40 seconds.

26 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

Agree. The score was low but there was a lot of action. NFL should consider moving the play clock down to 40 seconds. In between what the AAF and the NFL is. As I said before, I didn't miss kickoffs that much. If you think of kickoffs in the NFL, it used to be "the most exciting play" but know 70% are touchbacks and with the sequence of score-commercial-kickoff-commercial its like a 5 minute gap in football. In the AAF it was like 40 seconds.

Good point In kick offs. They really don’t add much to NFL game except an extra few commercial breaks. 

2 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Good point In kick offs. They really don’t add much to NFL game except an extra few commercial breaks. 

Which means money owners are not willing to give up 

I could do without the headset lady in the replay box mumbling, "No...no...cant see the ball....no, cant, is his arm? No, cant see, its definitely not, almost, no, is his arm on the..? No...Gonna let it stand."

1 minute ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

I could do without the headset lady in the replay box mumbling, "No...no...cant see the ball....no, cant, is his arm? No, cant see, its definitely not, almost, no, is his arm on the..? No...Gonna let it stand."

Just allowing viewers a look inside was cool and who knows what an NFL review sounds like. 

21 hours ago, nico002 said:

Saw a QB get his helment blown off on a blind side sack- no flag. Haven’t seen that since 1995

Watch it again.  It wasn't his blind side.  The QB apparently has two left eyes.

21 hours ago, flgreen said:

In a couple of years, probably after the new CBA, NFL teams will probably have developmental contracts on a lot of these players.  IMO it will be a lot of fun watching potential Jets players develop.  NFL needs this

That Jalin Marshall kid had some nice TDs for Orlando.  The Jets should take a look at him.

I’m surprised so many of you guys liked the games. They were okay but a bit boring because receivers couldn’t catch. On the bright side, it feels good to start fresh and have a chance to root for a good team.