***AAF Sunday official game thread***

The Crusher

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Larz said:

Are the jets affiliated with a team? 

They're responsible for drafting half the AAF league's roster into the NFL in the first place, thus inserting the idea in some guys' heads that they can play Pro ball: Hackenberg 

Just now, Gas2No99 said:

They're responsible for drafting half the AAF league's roster into the NFL in the first place, thus inserting the idea in some guys' heads that they can play Pro ball: Hackenberg 

Cool story 

The saints are affiliated with a team, I was wondering if the jets are as well 

Is there a limit as to WHO can play in the league?

for example old players who just can't let the game go and can play but not at the NFL level: QB McCown, WR Larry Fitzgerald, WR Brandon Marshall. They would sell Tix but would the league cater to that or strictly stick to the "player developmental" agenda and not be a competing product?

I don’t see QB as the strong suit of this league. Hack was bad but when they let him throw the ball later in the game he picked it up a little. Zac Stacy looks like he can still play. I’d say right now some of the Dbs and Lbs will make NFL squads especially after injuries kick in. 

10 hours ago, Larz said:

Cool story 

The saints are affiliated with a team, I was wondering if the jets are as well 

There are no affiliations between an NFL team and an AAF team.

All of these guys are essentially free agents....I would imagine the AAF contract has a clause that let's them immediately opt out if they get signed by an NFL team....but there are no team affiliations.

The teams in the AAF are owned by the AAF itself.

1 hour ago, Ghost said:

I have to do my research before picking a team this time. I learned my lesson from last time. 20+ years of absolute misery, depression, heartache. 

Jump on board AZ with us...fun to support Wolford, Dex McDougle and Nick Folk. Also the offense looked legit and a great story behind the Hot Shots name!

1 hour ago, Ghost said:

I have to do my research before picking a team this time. I learned my lesson from last time. 20+ years of absolute misery, depression, heartache. 

I'm going to do what most current Patriots fans did.  I'll wait until someone wins the championship this year....then I'll root for that team.

9 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

There are no affiliations between an NFL team and an AAF team.

All of these guys are essentially free agents....I would imagine the AAF contract has a clause that let's them immediately opt out if they get signed by an NFL team....but there are no team affiliations.

The teams in the AAF are owned by the AAF itself.

That's not entirely true....players who are cut by the NFL and want to join the AAF are given first rights to certain teams based on who they played for in the NFL. So technically, if you want to root for team affiliated with the Jets it would be the Orlando Apollo's. 

Here is a list of the NFL "affiliates" for each team: 

NFL Team affiliations

These are not random. NFL Teams have player rights to AAF teams players and they are as follows:

Arizona Hotshots - /r/ARZHotshots

Atlanta Legends - /r/ATLLegends

Birmingham Iron - /r/BHIron

Memphis Express - /r/MemExpress

Orlando Apollos - /r/OrlApollos

Salt Lake Stallions - /r/SLCStallions

San Antonio Commanders - /r/CommandersSA

San Diego Fleet - /r/SDFleet

19 minutes ago, JetFreak89 said:

Jump on board AZ with us...fun to support Wolford, Dex McDougle and Nick Folk. Also the offense looked legit and a great story behind the Hot Shots name!

Yeah, that's my new team too. I wanted us to retain Wolford last year, as I think he can become the 10-year smart backup type in the NFL. Dex McDougle was always snake-bitten, but I like him as a player. 

Archived