Vince McMahon...

Jet_Engine1

41 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

Serious question - why would a young person such as yourself not leave?

I’m stuck here at the moment. Not to throw a full page out of my diary at you or anything, but I just didn’t make the best choices as a teenager and kind of have to dig myself out of a hole that is immobilizing me from being as independent as I would like to be at my age. I’m not much of a city person like I use to be though so probably wouldn’t move back to NY. MS has a few pros but also a ton of cons. Really wouldn’t mind relocating to a place that serves as a mix of city/country like Tennessee or something.

1 hour ago, Patriot Killa said:

I’m stuck here at the moment. Not to throw a full page out of my diary at you or anything, but I just didn’t make the best choices as a teenager and kind of have to dig myself out of a hole that is immobilizing me from being as independent as I would like to be at my age. I’m not much of a city person like I use to be though so probably wouldn’t move back to NY. MS has a few pros but also a ton of cons. Really wouldn’t mind relocating to a place that serves as a mix of city/country like Tennessee or something.

Yeah, I wouldn’t recommend anyone coming to NY, at least not the city, without a clear plan as to how you’re going to do it financially.  But anywhere with a little more opportunity than you’re describing may be to your benefit.

Good luck with all you need to take care of now.  Keep focused.

On 2/10/2019 at 5:44 PM, Gas2No99 said:

Why compete in a saturated market?

establish a presence where there is a demand - developmental leagues are ideal for smaller national markets  where operating costs are not as high. 

Vinny Mac way overestimated the Colin Kaepernick backlash

This new incarnation of the XFL won’t last more than 1 season just like the old one

1 minute ago, Philc1 said:

Vinny Mac way overestimated the Colin Kaepernick backlash

This new incarnation of the XFL won’t last more than 1 season just like the old one

The AAF is aligned with the NFL, Is being covered by NFLN, and has NFL lifers all over the place, from founders to coaches to announcers. They'll attract the top of that talent pool, possibly over CFL looking for exposure.

The XFL is gonna have a bunch of draft ineligibles, 32 year old former HS guys, dropouts, and dudes from places like Chico State and the Indian River State intramural league. LOL

Just now, Jet_Engine1 said:

The AAF is aligned with the NFL, Is being covered by NFLN, and has NFL lifers all over the place, from founders to coaches to announcers. They'll attract the top of that talent pool, possibly over CFL looking for exposure.

The XFL is gonna have a bunch of draft ineligibles, 32 year old former HS guys, dropouts, and dudes from places like Chico State and the Indian River State intramural league. LOL

I don’t know if people remember but the XFL was a debacle the first time.  The tv ratings were horrible and it was a huge public embarrassment for the McMahons

The difference was the WWF at that time was at its all time highest popularity ever printing money.  They don’t have that same ability to absorb a financial setback this time

9 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

20190211_215558.jpg.518e09c50e7e593228f3c6c23b2b391b.jpg

Not necessarily Army, but do 3 or 4 years. Get your sh*t together, maybe learn a trade, earn the GI Bill, maybe develop a sense of  pride in self and country while serving. Beats waiting tables in podunk nowhere while hoping for a random miracle to come your way. 

3 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Not necessarily Army, but do 3 or 4 years. Get your sh*t together, maybe learn a trade, earn the GI Bill, maybe develop a sense of  pride in self and country while serving. Beats waiting tables in podunk nowhere while hoping for a random miracle to come your way. 

This is something that I’ve been thinking about for a long while now. And tbh It’s definitely something I might go through with. 

9 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Yeah but if you join the army you gotta give up smoking kush

12 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

This is something that I’ve been thinking about for a long while now. And tbh It’s definitely something I might go through with. 

Do yourself a favor.  Get an AS degree from your local Comm College in Electrical Power Plant Technology.  Apply to the TVA, in 2 years you'll be making $28 an hour, all the OT you can eat, with full benefits.  You'll be in Red Neck heaven  

20 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Hot damn! Minimum wage is 7.25$ here. 28$ would be incredible.

Know for a fact that the TVA is hiring at that rate with an AS in Power Plant Technology.  My son just finished his first year with the TVA.  If I told you what he grossed with all the OT you wouldn't believe it.  He just bought a house, and Tenn is beautiful.

If I were you I'd look into it.

5 hours ago, Butterfield said:

If there was a team near me and ticjets weren’t too bad, I definitely would.  I don’t even consider 36 to be cold enough for a coat

I think that you would find yourself in an extreme minority holding that view.

5 hours ago, flgreen said:

Do yourself a favor.  Get an AS degree from your local Comm College in Electrical Power Plant Technology.  Apply to the TVA, in 2 years you'll be making $28 an hour, all the OT you can eat, with full benefits.  You'll be in Red Neck heaven  

Fatman baiting.

1 hour ago, TeddEY said:

I think that you would find yourself in an extreme minority holding that view.

Maybe where you are, but not really in the places I have lived.  Its lower than 30 for more than a 1/3 of the year.  Most people are used to it.  If you didn’t go outside and do things in the cold you would go crazy.  I, and many people around, would be happy to go see a game in the cold.  Its more likely than me driving many more hours to go to an nfl game just to sit in traffic and deal with crowds.  Going to see one of these games in a closer, yet smaller city would be a lot of fun, no matter if it was 30, or 10.

1 hour ago, Butterfield said:

Maybe where you are, but not really in the places I have lived.  Its lower than 30 for more than a 1/3 of the year.  Most people are used to it.  If you didn’t go outside and do things in the cold you would go crazy.  I, and many people around, would be happy to go see a game in the cold.  Its more likely than me driving many more hours to go to an nfl game just to sit in traffic and deal with crowds.  Going to see one of these games in a closer, yet smaller city would be a lot of fun, no matter if it was 30, or 10.

Myself? I would much rather watch the game in 70 weather in Orlando.   That's just me

27 minutes ago, flgreen said:

Myself? I would much rather watch the game in 70 weather in Orlando.   That's just me

To each, their own.  I like the seasons, and wouldn’t be interested in living in Florida regardless of the weather.  There are plenty of people who would watch a game outside in the northeast.  Its not like a ton of people showed up for the games in the warm weather of the south anyways.  In fact, I would argue that the warmer weather, especially in tourist cities like orlando, brings more competition for outdoor recreation.  Some northern cities have such little to do in the cold weather months that they may get a bigger proportion willing to show up to games, just for something to do.

2 hours ago, Butterfield said:

I went to school upstate.  It was cold.  I wore a coat.

2 hours ago, TeddEY said:

I went to school upstate.  It was cold.  I wore a coat.

I assume you were not from the area, and not acclimated to the weather.  It was a high of 14 today, I wore a sweater, no need for a coat.  Unless you are standing outside for really long periods of time, there is no need for it.  I saw plenty of people outside skiing, snowshoeing, and snowmobiling today.  I saw a request locally for a pickup outdoor ultimate frisbee game this week.  If given the opportunity, people will spend time outdoors in the cold. You just have to give them things to do.  A football game, in a smaller northeast city would have just as good of a chance to meet the few thousand people that showed up for the AAF games this weekend.

Archived