Chances of the Jets Winning the AFC East in 2019?

Jets86

Just as the title poses. Is this team capable of winning the division in 2019? Yes, the Pats won the SB. However, Brady looked off most of the regular season. He is another year older though.

If the Jets aren't capable of winning the division, can the Fins or Bills do it?

Tough to say till we see the FA/Draft pickups by all teams in the AFC East. Our Jets need a lot a good off season moves in FA and a good draft to make a leap where we can compete for this division. Also, how our coaching staff gels with each other as well as the players will impact whether or not we can compete for the division.

Look how Mac spent all that money last time. The answer is we don't have a chance. We're ****ed till Brady and more importantly Bellichick go away. The last time they lost it was us cutting Pennington, who went and won it for the Dolphins. We let Favre sh*t away our chance cause we wouldn't bench him with a torn bicep

There's always hope.  As a Jet's fan it's a way of life.  In reality I think it's a year too early, at least.  Yes the Patriocheats are no longer an invincible force, their Less than Super Bowl victory notwithstanding.  Logically we are in the first year of a brand new coaching staff, 80% roster turnover, a brand new offensive line {hopefully,} and a sophomore "state of the art" Quarterback.  Due to ease of schedule and a weak division, 8-8 is a reasonable expectation. Anything better than that would be tremendous.

42 minutes ago, Jets86 said:

Just as the title poses. Is this team capable of winning the division in 2019? Yes, the Pats won the SB. However, Brady looked off most of the regular season. He is another year older though.

If the Jets aren't capable of winning the division, can the Fins or Bills do it?

If I’m being honest I think we got a shot at 2nd place on AFC east. Not too shabby. 

37 minutes ago, SayNoToDMC said:

The answer is we don't have a chance. We're ****ed till Brady and more importantly Bellichick go away. 

As long as BB is at the helm, the Pats will dominate.  Right now, we are witnessing the transition from a QB team to a Defensive team with a solid running game.  This will preserve TB12 and facilitate the assimilation of the next QB.  This team will regress to the norm once Coach is gone, but Bill will transition away from TB12 deftly.

Slim and none. I'd be happy if we were alive for a wild card in December. The Dolphins are rumored to be looking to rebuild. As of today though, they're better then the Jets and Bills. We'll see if one of the 3 seperates themselves next year. I doubt one will by much. 

Next year will be more of the same old same old. The Pats will win the East easily, one of the other 3 might flirt with .500, and the other two will suck. 

We do still have a few months to talk about "ripe pigs" and how we'll be the ones to "kill the monster we created", so at least there's that... 

Right now the odds at 25 percent. Got a long off-season ahead of us maybe brady will get hurt. The dolphins say they are going to tank but it could be a bluff and the bills either have a turnover machine and the biggest arm in the NFL? As their qb? Who the heck knows what any of the teams will look like before free agency and the draft or even before training camp injuries

Sent from my LGUS991 using JetNation.com mobile app

The Jets chances of winning the division aren't that good at all. There are a few things going against them and one of them is their schedule. The other thing its the coaching staff's first year with the Jets and the players have to learn a new system on both offense and defense. The players have to adapt to the new system and the coaching staff that comes with the new system. The Jets as a team isn't ready talent wise and having over $100 million in spending will not put them in the playoffs. 

11 hours ago, SayNoToDMC said:

Look how Mac spent all that money last time. The answer is we don't have a chance. We're ****ed till Brady and more importantly Bellichick go away. The last time they lost it was us cutting Pennington, who went and won it for the Dolphins. We let Favre sh*t away our chance cause we wouldn't bench him with a torn bicep

We have a QB in Darnold & we brought in an offensive coach. The days of signing our entire secondary in Free agency are over, we're going into 2019 season with Adams, Maye, Tru, Nickerson, Jones already in place, going into 2015 we had NOBODY! 

This is going to be a 180 in free agency from 2015. Free agency has more edge rushers RIGHT NOW, compared to any offseason I can remember (not sure who will be resigned by their own teams). Jets will be busy in free agency with Oline & looking for an edge rusher. The past is gone, I'm looking forward to the future & it starts in early March. 

Currently the Jets do not have enough players signed to field a football team so while in theory we are a year away, reality is a biach

I do not expect the pats* to sweep the Jets and fins next year - but they lost a few last year and still had a bye and home field for the playoffs - yes they had to beat KC at home and that was their toughest test in the last 8 years 

15 hours ago, The Crusher said:

If I’m being honest I think we got a shot at 2nd place on AFC east. Not too shabby. 

LOL Choice at dinner:

1) Filet Mignon

2) Dog Biscuits

3) Bag of $hit

4) Can of Cat Food

Which one would most choose?

Sooner or later. this will happen. The Jets will be underdogs going in and surprise everyone when all the tumblers click in place. That means mediocre players play good and good players play great, some player comes out of nowhere to star, balls bounce into the right hands, winds blow the right FG's in between the sticks and blow the wrong ones outside, etc. 

Then of course the following year, you expect a division win and they'll go 5-11 again

Could it be 2019? Long shot, but certainly not 0.0%, it never is

With all science applied I fix the Jets chances at winning the AFC East at ZERO. This team, as it is currently comprised, doesn't check a single box toward a winning record, let alone win the division.

The Jets have the 25th overall defense and the 28th overall offense. How anyone could feel that one off-season spending spree could make this team go from worst to first, is beyond me?

Archived