Who will be the first AAF player poached by an NFL team?

Dcat

Since it's partially intended to be a developmental league (per Polian), you can bet that there will be players picked up by NFL teams.

Pretty sure Hackenberg won't be among them.  Which AAF players would you think could find their way back to the NFL or even to the NFL for the first time?

Pretty sad that the "New" Hackenberg looked exactly like the old Hackenberg.  Or worse.  How anyone, much less a presumed "athlete" can practice something for four years and not improve at  all is beyond me.  But there he was in all of his ignominious "glory".  Sad.  Announcers commented on how the Birmingham team going forward should " taylor" their offense to Trent Richardson's skill sets.  What were they watching?  Guess two yards a carry looked pretty good as compared to "Hack's" aerial show on the other side of the field  Also sad to see that flunking out of the league had little effect on Richardson's "professional perspective".  The games were  mildly entertaining, will probably watch more games, but the level of play was not spectacular.  Worse than pre-season NFL quality.  Don't see many of these guys making it back to the NFL at this point, in my opinion.

11 hours ago, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

Pretty sad that the "New" Hackenberg looked exactly like the old Hackenberg.  Or worse.  How anyone, much less a presumed "athlete" can practice something for four years and not improve at  all is beyond me.  But there he was in all of his ignominious "glory".  Sad.  Announcers commented on how the Birmingham team going forward should " taylor" their offense to Trent Richardson's skill sets.  What were they watching?  Guess two yards a carry looked pretty good as compared to "Hack's" aerial show on the other side of the field  Also sad to see that flunking out of the league had little effect on Richardson's "professional perspective".  The games were  mildly entertaining, will probably watch more games, but the level of play was not spectacular.  Worse than pre-season NFL quality.  Don't see many of these guys making it back to the NFL at this point, in my opinion.

I think it will end up pretty much on par with the last pre season games. Kinda what it is in a sense. You will see a couple rare instances where a guy does really well but it’s pretty much made up of those final cut guys, so that’s the level of play I would expect. It was really nice as far as pace of game and the effort people put in. 

Archived