In a Jetsy move NYJ hire Joe Vitt

Kleckineau

Vitt is Gase's father in law.

I'm sure Gase knew he was going to want Vitt on his staff before the decision to hire Williams was made and I'm sure all of this was hashed through with both Williams and Vitt before Williams was hired.

It's a good story for the writers in February, but if the Jets weren't confident that the old animosity between the two was squashed, one of them likely wouldn't be here.

35 minutes ago, Kleckineau said:

The same Joe Vitt that pointed the finger at Gregg Williams in New Orleans.  Oh so Jetsy.  ☺

IT's been OVER a week since this has been announced and written to death since there's no real new Jets news. 

Creating this thread on a retread topic that is fluff is "Oh so SOJetsyFan" :roll:

10 minutes ago, Gas2No99 said:

IT's been OVER a week since this has been announced and written to death since there's no real new Jets news. 

Creating this thread on a retread topic that is fluff is "Oh so SOJetsyFan" :roll:

And proud of it ☺

I see youve joined the snark troop. Congrats.

Now go scare some children or whatever it is you do.

10 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

A roundhouse kick from an assistant coach to the Head coaches face will cover up a few drop passes for sure!

OL help?  Have you seen how bad Williams D coaches are kicking the sh*t out of Gase and his guys?   We need to get Gase some help.

1 hour ago, IndianaJet said:

I'm sure Gase knew he was going to want Vitt on his staff before the decision to hire Williams was made and I'm sure all of this was hashed through with both Williams and Vitt before Williams was hired.

It's a good story for the writers in February, but if the Jets weren't confident that the old animosity between the two was squashed, one of them likely wouldn't be here.

I pray this is the case.

6 minutes ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

Alternate take: this is every bit the dumpster fire it appears to be and the Jets are stupid.

Optimistic delusional take: having strained internal employe relations before they even walk in for their 1st day, is a good thing. 

13 minutes ago, JiF said:

Optimistic delusional take: having strained internal employe relations before they even walk in for their 1st day, is a good thing. 

How is this not all we're talking about right now? We're where we are because of a decade and change of decisions made by committees formed in shotgun marriages. Fatty Macstupid wants to hire the popcorn alpha. Eyeballs McGee wants to hire daddy. What's the prevailing sentiment? Is it, ******* TELL SOMEBODY NO FOR A CHANGE, CHRISSY, YOU GODDAMNED PANSY? No. It's eh, they probably know what they're doing. ******* based on what?

19 minutes ago, sourceworx said:

This is a pretty ballsy move, if you ask me. Williams and Vitt are both good coaches. If they've worked through their differences this defensive staff appears to be excellent.

Well now, don't let a little optimism get in the way of SOJFs doing SOJetsyFs things....

I would imagine the only truth to this entire story is that Joe Vitt is an honest guy & was asked a question he couldn't lie about.

I see no problem whatsoever & I'm sure this was passed by Williams a while ago. Another story in a dull offseason time that's not a story at all.

I did double check this, as my memory was a little foggy about it, but the truth is Williams was definitely the bigger scumbag among the two in this situation.  Their battle started with Williams claiming he wanted to stop the bounties, but that Vitt supposedly overruled him and insisted that they keep doing it, which sounds rather questionable considering every piece of evidence, including with his prior teams, points to Williams.  It was in response to that when Vitt denied his involvement and pointed the finger back at Williams.  Given that Williams had the longer suspension and was sent packing by NO, while Vitt was made the interim HC, it would seem at least the NFL and Saints agreed with him on that one.

The only point being, Vitt was the hire that came later and if he's gotten past it all, that's hopefully a good sign.  None of this is to say I particularly like the ridiculousness this kind of crap even coming up at all, but you know... it's still the friggin' Jets.

4 hours ago, IndianaJet said:

Vitt is like a 30 year vet in the league.  I hardly think it is nepotism. Nepotism invoves hiring unqualified people for positions because they are family.

Archived