Kareem Hunt Signs with Browns

Lith

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

. They are young, have a lot of money and a lot of them have a sense of privilege and entitlement. At the pro and even college level, the more talented the player is, the more likely his team and or school is likely to bend over backward to overlook any "transactions" that player commits. That's just the way it is, it doesn't matter if we approve, and it isn't going to change anytime soon.

I think you were looking for "transgressions", there. " Transactions" gives the inference that some kind of drug activity was going on here.  May be apropos, but I don't think that was your intention.  Good luck with your battle,  I disagree with you in this instance, he didn't  "pummel", but does "kicking" really make it all that much better?  Still, I get the point about football in general.

2 hours ago, Lith said:

I am not sorry we did not bring him in; but Browns look like they are going all in on 2019.

Chubb and Hunt and Duke.  

Are they trading Chubb?  Or just cutting Duke?  Chubb looked like a playmaker to me.  I don't get this at all.

1 hour ago, GaryM said:

Another great day for the Jets, McCagnon should have been fired a long time ago. Everyone cries for this team to get talented players, or who Jamaal calls "Dawgs". We all knew that someone would sign this talented player who is a star. Why not us? Because our dope of a GM and along with his wife and their personal opinions chose not to sign Hunt. If McCagnon has such high morals, why didn't he cut Robbie after his incident? There are a lot of players in the NFL who are not choir boys. If a player has the talent it doesn't matter, he will get a team to sign him. The Browns finally got it right as an organization and set up a front office that looks like it will succeed. Us, we keep the same buffoon that has ran us into the ground for 4 years. Now we have to rely on him to draft again and utilize all the money for FAs. Does anyone here trust he will do anything better than he has before?

Thank you so much for your common sense and sanity. The lunacy in this thread is almost beyond belief. People patting each other on the back for being more holier then thou. Other teams have douches for RBs or QBs, but when a Jet wipes his a** with a football on national tv, and puts out a photo of a cops throat being slashed, our complaint is he's not running hard enough. When our WR is arrested and threatens to *** in the face of the cops wife, our complaint is he's only a deep threat, one trick pony. God only knows the other incidents others on our team have been involved in.

As soon as this thread was started, I knew these hypocrites would come crawling out of the woodwork. But hey, its raining down here, and I've got no plans today, so what the heck, I might as well have some fun with them. 

3 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Chubb and Hunt and Duke.  

Are they trading Chubb?  Or just cutting Duke?  Chubb looked like a playmaker to me.  I don't get this at all.

1 year cheap inj insurance for their running game. Dorsey is comfortable with Hunt. 

Not much else to it I don’t think 

5 minutes ago, HelenOfTroy said:

That is sad.

Tick, tick tick...….   Hope he gets some help, and the National Enabling Football League had  better demand it.  If not I fear  this won't be the last we hear of Mr. Hunt's off the field exploits.

7 minutes ago, HelenOfTroy said:

47 minutes ago, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

Sorry Helen but you have this wrong Very.  So you think it was "Baker" handling the situation at Oklahoma who kept Mixon and the "other thugs" in line?  Is this the same "voice of reason" that can be seen in a myriad of Videos being "chased down and sacked" by Police during his drunken arrest?  Is this the same "choir boy" who pled guilty to three charges in that case, and has been cited for various other "misadventures" during his "misguided youth", which he is still in, by the way?  Let's stop the "sweetening up" of Baker Mayfield, once and for all, and recognize him for what he is.  He is  a talented, undersized, underdog, BIG MOUTH, who may or may not, develop into a upper tier quarterback in this league.  Let's not sugar coat or glorify it further than that.  That's what the "press" is for.   I, for one, am thrilled he's not ours.  Regards.

No hard feelings, but this looks like it'll be the one thread where you and I bump heads, LOL 

I don't deal with Helen. She's a nice woman, sheloves her school. She gets annoyed with me for favoring Mayfield over one of her sainted Trojans, and makes believe she has me on ignore while she looks to fan flames. That's fine. Sam very well could be a better kid, but as far as football goes, I'll take the better QB. That's Mayfield, and n my mind its not even close.

As far as your post, nice troll job, my friend. It actually brought a smile to my face because it reminded me of when I was a kid. It's the type of stuff my dad and my grandfather would say about Joe Namath, in order to get me to get over my "Jets" thing, and root for the Giants like they did.

1 minute ago, genot said:

What's the saying. "The apple doesn't fall far from the tree".

Although, I will say, I took in a young lady for two years who came from a horrible family situation, her mother was a drug addict, she had been shot as a child by one of her mothers boyfriends.  Her mother threw her out one night because she had missed vacuuming the floor after school, after feeding her brothers, and doing her homework.

This young lady would not touch a morsel of food in the kitchen - I always had prepared food in the fridge, and snacks in the pantry, or turn on the lights without permission, till I got home.  I could have left $100 bills on the table and she wouldn’t touch it.

Some kids just naturally have goodness and high moral judgement no matter their background.  

57 minutes ago, Embrace the Suck said:

I wouldn't go sucking off the Browns just yet gents... Next thing you know Mayfield is on video assaulting a cleveland cop and Hunt is seen egging him on... Seeing as it's cleveland and all something will go wrong.

Yeah, we root for the Jets, thank God. Nothing ever goes wrong here, so lets mock Cleveland! LMAO

35 minutes ago, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

I think you were looking for "transgressions", there. " Transactions" gives the inference that some kind of drug activity was going on here.  May be apropos, but I don't think that was your intention.  Good luck with your battle,  I disagree with you in this instance, he didn't  "pummel", but does "kicking" really make it all that much better?  Still, I get the point about football in general.

I was typing too quick there. :rolleyes: How did I use the word "transactions"? I wasn't thinking trades or drug deals. LOL. I'm going to go back and edit it, just don't tell anyone, ok?

1 hour ago, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

Sorry Helen but you have this wrong Very.  So you think it was "Baker" handling the situation at Oklahoma who kept Mixon and the "other thugs" in line?  Is this the same "voice of reason" that can be seen in a myriad of Videos being "chased down and sacked" by Police during his drunken arrest?  Is this the same "choir boy" who pled guilty to three charges in that case, and has been cited for various other "misadventures" during his "misguided youth", which he is still in, by the way?  Let's stop the "sweetening up" of Baker Mayfield, once and for all, and recognize him for what he is.  He is  a talented, undersized, underdog, BIG MOUTH, who may or may not, develop into a upper tier quarterback in this league.  Let's not sugar coat or glorify it further than that.  That's what the "press" is for.   I, for one, am thrilled he's not ours.  Regards.

Don't know if Baker was handling anything at Oklahoma. Don't really care. He was probably going to be the Jets pick at 3 if the draft went as everyone thought it would. If He was the Jets pick I would have supported him as I would any guy they picked. How about we stop the "knocking down" of Baker Mayfield. A guy who is a Talented, Undersized, Underdog, Big Mouth who sure looks like an NFL QB to me. The guy isn't the one who you hope your Daughter brings home but he ain't a degenerate bum either. He is a young second year player with a ton of promise and a ton to learn but the Anti-Christ he ain't okay?

15 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

Yeah, we root for the Jets, thank God. Nothing ever goes wrong here, so lets mock Cleveland! LMAO

Oh, I'm well aware of our own issues. Just stating that the grass is always greener on the other side... I'm not not mocking them either I'm merely stating an observation based on recorded history. 

1 hour ago, HelenOfTroy said:

I’m sarcastic and snarky 50% of the time on here. 

Yeah, 14 posted on here, directed a comment to one of my first posts,  about Sam and his squeaky clean reputation....14 stated he cared more about winning than character, and if it meant bringing in more thugs, he was all for it.

Win at all costs..,

"Just WIN Baby" I'm from Brooklyn, just like Al Davis, so maybe its that?

Or maybe this is just you making s**t up?  Really doesn't matter though does it? We broke up like months ago... :swing: 

15 minutes ago, JetFaninMI said:

Don't know if Baker was handling anything at Oklahoma. Don't really care. He was probably going to be the Jets pick at 3 if the draft went as everyone thought it would. If He was the Jets pick I would have supported him as I would any guy they picked. How about we stop the "knocking down" of Baker Mayfield. A guy who is a Talented, Undersized, Underdog, Big Mouth who sure looks like an NFL QB to me. The guy isn't the one who you hope your Daughter brings home but he ain't a degenerate bum either. He is a young second year player with a ton of promise and a ton to learn but the Anti-Christ he ain't okay?

That was  exactly my point, he's certainly no savior, nor a villain.  I think I've always made that clear in my comments about him.  I surely expected the Jets to get him in the draft, Sam was, and  is a gift,  As far as the "handling" goes I was responding to a post made by HelenofTroy,.  Check out the thread and you will get it.  This is a Jets website.  We are Jets fans hereAdmiring someone's skill sets is one thing.  Constantly FAWNING over them is something else.

35 minutes ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

www.profootballfocus.com,  Offensive line rankings all teams after week #17.  By no measure are they regarded by anyone, outside of you as mediocre.  Don't respond, just continue to wallow in the miserable existence that you demonstrate at every turn.

Archived